• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Mist Walker Roulette

Raccon

This week Mist walkers behaved rather strangely. I put 1 drone rider among 4 rangers so she would have a choice not to attack the rangers, knowing that she dosen't like ranger's strike back... well, she went after my ranger anyway.
Screenshot (46).png

Yet another surprise, 4 cross bow men and a ranger far away in two different encounters. Again she went after the ranger to receive her well deserved strike back.
Screenshot (48).png

Screenshot (49).png

Raccon

This one isn't much surprise to me anymore. More than often she prefers to hit mortars over paladins (which could cause a lot more damage to my paladin).
Screenshot (50).png

Last edited:

Raccon

Last night Mist Walkers preferred mortars over orc strats and paladins over and over again.
However below encounter is the most interesting of all. As usual I had their favorite mortar and Daryad within their range so they'd leave at least one of my rangers alone. Instead, they both went out of their way to shoot my two rangers and left my Daryad intact!
Screenshot (58).png

Raccon

Usually, in situations like this one I use 5 cross bowmen. But, for the sake of experiment, I lined up 2 Daryads, 2 Rangers and a cross bowman.

Screenshot (59).png

Again, Mist walkers compleatly ignored Daryads and cross bowman and went after one of my rangers instead.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Usually, in situations like this one I use 5 cross bowmen. But, for the sake of experiment, I lined up 2 Daryads, 2 Rangers and a cross bowman.

View attachment 12281
Again, Mist walkers compleatly ignored Daryads and cross bowman and went after one of my rangers instead.

That is weird. Chaos demons working hard there!

Raccon

This encounter gave me an opportunity to try different mage units as well.
I lined up a Banshee (since she was ignored in previous experiments) a priest and a blossom with an orc strat and a mortar as their chaperones.
Screenshot (62).png

The mist walker went after the blossom in the first round, the Bandit couldn't reach any mages in round one so he shot my Orc strat. For the second round, Misty and the Bandit went after the Blossom again, compleatly ignoring my Priest and Banshee who was by now standing right next to the Misty and the Bandit after attacking the Cannoneer.
Screenshot (63).png

Poor Blossom, took all the burden of this fight, the priest scaped unscathed and the Banshee suffered minor cuts and bruises due to the swamp monster attack.
Some manners that monster had, laying hand on a lady instead of picking a fight with someone of his own size!

Last edited:

Raccon

Sacrificed to the cause!! An honorable death!
I never deploy mage units in the encounters where there are LRs of any kind or dogs. If it wasn't for the sake of experiment I'd use 3 orc strats one mortar and one Paladin instead.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I lined up a Banshee (since she was ignored in previous experiments) a priest and a blossom with an orc strat and a mortar as their chaperones.
Very few units will target Heavy Range on opening round, hence I only used them in one example to show they still in fact ignore them. Most units in general will go after light range first and follow initiative order in broad strokes with some exceptions. Before you get to heavy range, there are light range, mages, and light melee classes to hit first. However, for the initiative order of light range, dryads go last so it's interesting the Mist Walker seems to favor her most. Hence, in most of my tests, I was mostly offering mist walker various light range combos as alternative to mage targets.
I never deploy mage units in the encounters where there are LRs of any kind or dogs. If it wasn't for the sake of experiment I'd use 3 orc strats one mortar and one Paladin instead.
I've actually been deploying more mages now thanks to my Mist Walker Roulette study because I favor using Blossoms vs the Knight as she can kill him without your team taking any damage. All light range must fire within the Knight's range on his turn, so one of them will have to take some damage if it's all light range vs Knight and he survived. Even using obstacles, there are only specific situations where light range can shoot the Knight without him able to jab them, but he cannot reach the Blossom even without obstacles. If I see a Mist Walker, I'll throw a Dryad bait for her to protect my Blossoms. For the Wild Archers and Bandits, I will use Archer or Bandit in order to shoot them first. Since they've moved up to shoot them on opening round, the Wild Archers/Bandits will usually target the light range instead of move towards your back line to shoot at the Blossom.
Misty and the Bandit
Sounds like an 80s band, but I wouldn't attend their concert!

Raccon

Very few units will target Heavy Range on opening round, hence I only used them in one example to show they still in fact ignore them. Most units in general will go after light range first and follow initiative order in broad strokes with some exceptions. Before you get to heavy range, there are light range, mages, and light melee classes to ht first.
As I wrote at the begining of my post;
This encounter gave me an opportunity to try different mage units as well.
This experiment was about trying out 3 different mage units. I was curious to see which mage unit, apart from the Blossom, would the misty attack in the first and second rounds, specially the Priest and Banshees. Mortar and Orc strat are there to defeat Misty and Bandit as mages alone can't defeat them fast enough.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
From what I've observed, the mage order is usually Blossom, Banshee, then Buddy, even after 1st round. I don't have a human city to really know their units well, unfortunately, so I have nothing to go on for Priests. In this tourney, I've used Buddy to play Pied Piper on the Knight and Swamp Monster a few times to lead them away while my Orc Strategists run away for their lives since one poke and smack from either of them is super deadly on Orc Strategist stacks. Buddy can absorb a ton of hits, even more after she nerfs them!

Raccon

A sudden chang of behavior by Misty;
today, during last turnament encounters, I had a situation involving Misty and Archie providing top cover for a Knight, Orc deserter and a Thornrose mage. I put a Daryad right in front of Misty & Archie I also placed a dog within their range a Blossom for the knight, and a banshee for Orc deserter.
First round went as expected, Misty hit my Daryad, ignoring my two mages on her two sides. On the second round, Misty decided to shoot my Blossom instead of Daryad and Archie hit my Banshee.
On the third round Misty, while standing between my two badly wounded mages, changed her mind again and shot my Daryad. Archie wasn't as lucky....my dog finished him before causing more damage.
So, Misty went after Daryad in 1st and 3rd rounds but on round 2 she decided to settle some scores with Blossom instead.
Lessen learned when dealing with Mist walkers, expect the unexpected ;)

Last edited: