• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Teleport AW?

Clusseau

Ive not found anything recent about Teleporting ancient wonders.
Is this still an idea? It's one that I'd like to see.

It may be that some curbs would be needed to prevent "teleport and replace", at start of tournaments or spire.
Its also likely that simple scarcity of Teleports will quickly catch up with those attempting to exploit.

There are numerous things I'd like to try in my city, but building then trashing a L31 building is an expensive experiment!
If they arent going to FIX the ridiculous battle formula, it seems a Little-Something to compensate would be nice?

Clusseau

Hm. It seems simple though.

If I built and boosted my way to a new L31 this week, it would sure as heck be counted!
Alternatively, If it's NOT in my city - at some point hours ahead of Tournament calculation- what's so complicated?

The only complication that comes to mind is if they want to put a damper on abuse.
Giving them 5 day build time upon restoring them doesnt really sound difficult?
Or, charging 2 teleports?

It seems, fairly quickly (after some wild spending?) people would be trying to manage with income of 2-4 teleports per week.
If they're thus able to "hide" 2-4 AW per week, it seems like a minor balance against the Broken calculation systems.

edit: I suppose, calculating that you "own" an aw- and cant build another,
While not using it in city or troop calculations, might require a little something.. but still doesnt sound 'complicated'?

Last edited:

Soleil Nightbloom

I think we should be able to teleport our ancient wonders. Currently, we are able to sell and rebuild our ancient wonders. Teleporting the wonders would be similar except not having to start from level 1 every time. I still remain hopeful that the devs will address this topic like several changes that have been implemented recently. For example, several players over a year ago told me that it was unlikely to teleport evolvong buildings and then it was implemented shortly after.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I still remain hopeful that the devs will address this topic like several changes that have been implemented recently. For example, several players over a year ago told me that it was unlikely to teleport evolvong buildings and then it was implemented shortly after.
Yeah the simultaneous armory start was addressed in a past Q&A as well. In that one, he said something like, "well not all armory levels make orcs," but then we got the simultaneous armory start on browser very soon afterwards. It felt like the head did not know what the tail was up to (or left hand not talking to right hand?). In another recent one, someone asked something like what happens when you change chapters mid-event. What chapter would your building be? It seemed very obvious to me that you get the chapter of when you claim it, but they had to "ask and get back to you". I can't tell if he's being cryptic to not spill beans on upcoming features or he honestly just doesn't know. Spoonful of salt helps the BS go down.

The Unbeliever

I think we should be able to teleport our ancient wonders. Currently, we are able to sell and rebuild our ancient wonders. Teleporting the wonders would be similar except not having to start from level 1 every time. I still remain hopeful that the devs will address this topic like several changes that have been implemented recently. For example, several players over a year ago told me that it was unlikely to teleport evolvong buildings and then it was implemented shortly after.
Yeah the simultaneous armory start was addressed in a past Q&A as well. In that one, he said something like, "well not all armory levels make orcs," but then we got the simultaneous armory start on browser very soon afterwards. It felt like the head did not know what the tail was up to (or left hand not talking to right hand?). In another recent one, someone asked something like what happens when you change chapters mid-event. What chapter would your building be? It seemed very obvious to me that you get the chapter of when you claim it, but they had to "ask and get back to you". I can't tell if he's being cryptic to not spill beans on upcoming features or he honestly just doesn't know.
PR vs. devs are two entirely different entities, so one not knowing what the other is doing/how things work is quite normal. ;)

AW's should be teleportable honestly, as long as the AW is at the 'rune phase' stage.
I can accept that ti's be way too much headache to make it work if there's kp involved, let alone kp from multiple donners. But once you hit the rune phase, it's just down to dev laziness since it should code similar to how they've coded the evo buildings. (hell, even add the exception that you can't have ANY runes activated in order to enable teleportation!)

Spoonful of salt helps the BS go down.
With this game, you're talking about a lethal dose here!:p

Iyapo1

If they want to damper abuse they could just let us teleport the wonder but let the calculation continue, in inventory or in your city the calculation is the same. That way if it is teleported you get all the same costs but none of the benifits except obviously it is temporarily out of the way.

LordVorKon

I think the complication is more that they have to make the builder aware of what you have in inventory. This is probably the same reason why we're not allowed to teleport (other) buildings that are limited to a specific number of instances.

Another option (that only works for AWs specifically) is to change the Wonder window to permit unbuilt AWs that are not at level zero, and teleport them back there rather than to inventory per se. In the latter case, devs would also have to make the teleport spell aware of a third class of buildings.

Overall, I would personally prefer the first option since I am now apparently stuck with a Training Grounds I don't really want but can't quite bring myself to delete.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I can accept that ti's be way too much headache to make it work if there's kp involved, let alone kp from multiple donners. But once you hit the rune phase, it's just down to dev laziness since it should code similar to how they've coded the evo buildings.

Lets please not call the developers lazy. They have worked very hard to bring you all a lot of your requests this year as well as some new features. Simply because they did not choose to implement something you were hoping for does not make them lazy.

There are a lot of variables for AW teleportation, and because of this, it is not currently being considered. Will that change in the future? Of course, it is possible, but not likely.

A few factors that make this challenging are that Ancient Wonders count in both the Tournament and Spire cost calculation. Other buildings in your inventory do not. So either teleporting would allow an exploit of this system, something we obviously don't want to allow, or someone would need to reprogram this.

Teleporting also requires that the level be saved as well as any KP or rune shard additions.

While all of this may sound simple to reprogram, it is not, and often "fixing" one thing can break 6 other things. There are other things on the agenda that have a priority over this.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Storage is a huge result of developers listening to players' requests since back when Timon said there would not, as in never, be any building storage. I still cringe when I think of all the buildings I had to sell off to make room for anything new or upgraded. I am very grateful to be able to store so many buildings now :) I was really pleasantly surprised when they made evolving ones storable. That was also a very noteworthy developer response to our requests.

Jonas2560

helya: "There are a lot of variables for AW teleportation, and because of this, it is not currently being considered. Will that change in the future? Of course, it is possible, but not likely."
it is not true only one value need change:
A – total number of AW levels,- in formula number without teleported AW buildings
Squad size - Model v5.0 source: "https://minmaxgame.com/spire-squad-size-model-v5-0/":

helya: "Teleporting also requires that the level be saved as well as any KP or rune shard additions."
AW building level is the current teleporting building level ( goods building level teleport no problem). At teleporting no need save KP. no need to change to rune shard additions.

Teleporting AW does the game will be more interesting. more time gamers can do more. one week can do the city more beautiful, next can do more rich resources, next time can do more rankings.
all changes need more play,- if elvenar developers team not need more active players don't do AW teleporting.

For example for beautiful city: DWARVEN BULWARK Adds a cliff graphic effect in your city, at this time I don't need more training size.
I most don't build new AW and play less, because rebuilding AW needs more time - a few months or more. without teleportation, AW game is less interesting after the 5-year game.
I game for only new events it is interesting. the fellowship has weak prizes. the tournament only 10 lvl is interesting for blueprints... 11-20 level have weak prizes.

Zoof

Database programming sucks. Anything and everything that so much as brushes upon the special hellscape known as "The Internet" has a suckitude that can only be described as "Endless in reach, and bottomless in depth"

I wasn't around when the decision to add building storage to the equation was made and implemented, but if I know programmers (I am one, myself), doing something you really don't want to do makes for code that only begrudgingly does what it was meant to do and not a single thing more (though it can do a whole lot less but it's a case of ship it before it breaks).

Being able to teleport Evolving Buildings was a recent-ish thing. If the release versions in beta correspond to what goes up on live, it was version 1.134 that it happened on. There's overlap in what was said when the same was released to the US market but interestingly omits mention of the improvements to the Teleport feature, which I think was a big deal, but understandably took backseat to some of the other more serious problems mentioned in the bugfixes. Further discussion in the 1.134 Beta thread indicates that the changes to the backend that enables Teleport to work may have made it possible to do Ancient Wonders as well, but was mentioned that shuffling along Ancient Wonders to inventory is a bit more complex than previously stated.

Pure speculation on this part, but I suspect that the Teleport itself isn't what's at issue. Instead, it's everything else that may be tangentially related to AWs that might be affected after a teleport. I wouldn't put it past the developers to have had some subsystem that deals with Ancient Wonders in their entirety as a completely different module than every other building in the game. Which would've made complete sense: Ancient Wonders are special, so they're to be treated as special. Which also stops being convenient when you want to stop treating such buildings as special when you want to shove them into an inventory like it's some pleb. I can only guess that teleporting such buildings was attempted but broke things so horribly that the developers swore off of it due to the PTSD it induced.

Also, as has been mentioned before, AW levels contribute to how Spire and Tournament costs are calculated. It's entirely possible that any solution that involves also hitting the part of the database responsible for inventory storage horrifically broke things, or resulted in a performance penalty that was deemed by someone important to not be worth it. It's also entirely possible that the development team couldn't come to a consensus as to how to resolve the issue of "Does stored buildings count towards S/T costs?", and so decided to table it in the same place everything else gets lost and forgotten.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Whatever everyone else thinks about it, Elvenar has a strict limit for Teleports in that they do not work on any building that you can only have a limited number of built, so no guest race Portals or certain other guest race buildings or AWs or the Barracks or Main Hall, and so on. It does not matter what they did for the evolving buildings, because this rule does not apply to them, since there is not a set limit on how many of any one of them you can have in your city.

Zoof

Whatever everyone else thinks about it, Elvenar has a strict limit for Teleports in that they do not work on any building that you can only have a limited number of built, so no guest race Portals or certain other guest race buildings or AWs or the Barracks or Main Hall, and so on. It does not matter what they did for the evolving buildings, because this rule does not apply to them, since there is not a set limit on how many of any one of them you can have in your city.
Point.

Jonas2560

AWs are testy little things, even when you delete one accidentally and we replace it, it's a bit of a project.
delete AW, save level ... rebuild to saved level it's fine too.

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
AWs are testy little things, even when you delete one accidentally and we replace it, it's a bit of a project.
delete AW, save level ... rebuild to saved level it's fine too.
helya: "There are a lot of variables for AW teleportation, and because of this, it is not currently being considered. Will that change in the future? Of course, it is possible, but not likely."
it is not true only one value need change:
A – total number of AW levels,- in formula number without teleported AW buildings
Squad size - Model v5.0 source: "https://minmaxgame.com/spire-squad-size-model-v5-0/":

helya: "Teleporting also requires that the level be saved as well as any KP or rune shard additions."
AW building level is the current teleporting building level ( goods building level teleport no problem). At teleporting no need save KP. no need to change to rune shard additions.

Teleporting AW does the game will be more interesting. more time gamers can do more. one week can do the city more beautiful, next can do more rich resources, next time can do more rankings.
all changes need more play,- if elvenar developers team not need more active players don't do AW teleporting.

For example for beautiful city: DWARVEN BULWARK Adds a cliff graphic effect in your city, at this time I don't need more training size.
I most don't build new AW and play less, because rebuilding AW needs more time - a few months or more. without teleportation, AW game is less interesting after the 5-year game.
I game for only new events it is interesting. the fellowship has weak prizes. the tournament only 10 lvl is interesting for blueprints... 11-20 level have weak prizes.

I'm not sure I would trust technical advice from somebody who can't figure out the "quote" button.