• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Starting a racing city!

Iyapo1

@Enevhar Aldarion this is all your fault. The more I thought about it the funner it sounded!
I just started a new city. I am going to race through the chapters as fast as I can. Currently in chapter one, looking at the event and laughing! I am not going to make it!

Edit March 16, 2023: There have been several changes to to early chapter cities, jump to post 78 for a new city under the current tech tree.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I like the idea but can't imagine making it to chapter 10 any faster than I got there. I mean, in theory if you do everything right your city should race along at top speed anyway. Keeping it balanced and moving is more a commitment in time than anything I suspect. But I'll be interested to watch. You might start post "Watch My Racing City" and post when you reach certain milestones. It would be fun to root for you all the way, even if I'm just an interested enthusiastic spectator.

Good luck!

AJ

Which world? I am racing in Arendyll. It's fun so far. I decided to start racing near the end of chapter 5, and I was inspired by a couple of people in my fellowship. My personal rules are to put KPs into research only, and to use instants to keep from getting KP locked. I don't buy extra KP (except for quests in events), and only use what I naturally earn during play. I only open enough provinces to open the next chapter, but want to keep my city strong enough to finish all open tents in tourney to 6 stars, and top the spire every week. I use a population negative strategy whenever possible to keep my city as small as possible, so that tourney and spire aren't too hard. I'd love to follow your progress and cheer you on.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Cool. Back when Minmax Gamer was still around, I think he posted that he did the first 12 or 13 chapters in only 10 months.

Now, when I mentioned 14 chapters in 14 months on Beta, that means no help from other cities on the same account, since Beta is a single server, so no diamonds won in other cities on the same account available to use. I also did not spend any money at all on my Beta account.

Cool. Back when Minmax Gamer was still around, I think he posted that he did the first 12 or 13 chapters in only 10 months.

Now, when I mentioned 14 chapters in 14 months on Beta, that means no help from other cities on the same account, since Beta is a single server, so no diamonds won in other cities on the same account available to use. I also did not spend any money at all on my Beta account.
That's impressive! I do use pooled diamonds from spire climbing in other worlds to craft royal restorations and upgrade magic buildings.

Soleil Nightbloom

@Enevhar Aldarion this is all your fault. The more I thought about it the funner it sounded!
I just started a new city. I am going to race through the chapters as fast as I can. Currently in chapter one, looking at the event and laughing! I am not going to make it!
This is exactly what I try to do! It’s my personal goal to catch up to the game and not take a billion years, lol. I’ve been playing since the end of July 2020 and currently in Ch15, I wish I could be faster. Good luck :)

Last edited:

Iyapo1

It was going so well...until I stopped following the quests and upgraded my main hall too soon (@BrinDarby). Now I am waiting on coins!

Yes my new little city is on Khel.

I haven't set any rules yet...let's see

I will buy KP up to 5% of my main hall capacity. Except during events when I am allowed to go above that amount. I will stay at the recommended scouted/cleared provinces until I get past the chapter 3-4 province scouting/clearing pinch point. Once I get past that I am going to run full speed to the orc wall (ring 11/222 provinces), on the theory that if I am going as fast as possible through the chapters I will be in orcs before I hit it.

I will use diamonds in this city because I will gold spire so desserts!

I will start as a hybrid(chapter 1-2) but by chapter 3 I will be back to mostly catering.

I will study @MaidenFair's manufactory spreed sheet and make sure I dont blindly upgrade! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-lFrM-Cz8Kpu1fwN-VsKGiGNew2wddhkF3WkO/pubhtml

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
You need to add racing stripes to your petals.
It was going so well...until I stopped following the quests and upgraded my main hall too soon (@BrinDarby). Now I am waiting on coins!
This isn’t terrible if you’ve already found a fellowship. Bigger MH x (24 fellows+neighbors) = enough coins to hold up for a bit. Faster than collecting from residences.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One

You can do the first 4-5 chapters in a week or so, as long as you have too much time on your hand.
Just cycling quests like an insane person. (yea thats how I started the game 6 years ago lol)

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
Derp let me in! Yippee...very sad about the 24 hour visit cooldown!

lol, yeah well, that is not going to happen. The quest cycling I can and will abuse....but getting the first five chapters worth of KP in a week or so is beyond me! I do sleep.
haha I totally understand, and it was a lot easier then with some funky quest that granted amazing amounts of goods to fuel your frenzy

Zoof

At the time of this post, my newest city has been around for 44 days on Felyndral, and is currently researching the Advanced Scouts needed to start Chapter 4. Here, I thought my city was humming along pretty briskly.

Granted, about a week of that was spent spinning my wheels due to having insufficient trade partners needed to get the goods to advance past Chapter 1, but still.

And yeah, I've kept the Chapter 1 generic quest cycle this entire time. Should I stop that and move onto the Ch2 or higher cycle?