• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wonder when we're going to get the next chapter on Beta?
Ch.19 was rolled out in beta mid Oct '21, so that's been out 6'ish months... perhaps we're now heading to only 1 new ch/year? (insert sad face here)

Chapter 19 was added to Beta on November 9th, 2021 and six months from that is May 9th, so if they stick to the 6-month schedule, it is still another three weeks before chapter 20 gets added to Beta, and then two weeks later for the Live servers. I expect all servers to have chapter 20 by the end of May for sure.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Oh, hey look! Another building that gives tier 3 goods to players in the middle chapters. At least it changes over to sentient goods in later chapters.
It is actually not that bad because it is also a decent seed producer. Looks like a fully evolved version of it will produce more seeds per day than a Festival Merchant of the same level. So any player with Festival Merchants in their city to make seeds can easily free up 75% of the space they need to place the new evolving buildings simply by deleting a Festival Merchant. Doing this will result in a net increase in seed production. Plus Flowe Goblin's Epiphany will give population, sentient goods, and a 3 KP AW spell.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
If people want seeds, then they have to be ready to go on Day One because the first daily prize is a new building called Tender Tag Team. There are only two buildings with better seed production in the game. One is a tiny 1x1 from an old set and the other is an evolving building. Two of these fit in the same space as one festival merchant and collect every 24 hours, so you can hold them a full day before collecting, to avoid decay.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
If people want seeds, then they have to be ready to go on Day One because the first daily prize is a new building called Tender Tag Team. There are only two buildings with better seed production in the game. One is a tiny 1x1 from an old set and the other is an evolving building. Two of these fit in the same space as one festival merchant and collect every 24 hours, so you can hold them a full day before collecting, to avoid decay.
Since it is a new building it is likely that it will show up a 2nd time later in the event. New buildings almost always show up twice in an event. The building sounds great. Does Tender Tag Team have an early collect option or do you have to wait for the entire 24 hour run?

Tehya1

But someone who completes all the quests in an event should still get to 220 and 8 artifacts, even without winning currency, as long as they do not choose the worst chests. For example, my Beta city I finished at 264 and I won back 1150 currency from the chests. Take away all of that and I would still have gotten at least 220 and would only need one artifact from the next FA to max the Twilight. This change only hurts those who are too casual or too indifferent or too new to understand the system.
Except that the fas now cover two events instead of one. So we will have to choose to evolve one of the two event bldgs we get if we only get 8 artifacts in both events? When will we get a chance to get the other one?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Except that the fas now cover two events instead of one. So we will have to choose to evolve one of the two event bldgs we get if we only get 8 artifacts in both events? When will we get a chance to get the other one?

The building itself is always level one, so you never need more than 9 artifacts to evolve it to level 10. That is what I was saying in the post you quoted. You only need to finish with 220 and 8 artifacts and then use one of the two from the FA to make it max level.

Lady Dastardly

So we will have to choose to evolve one of the two event bldgs we get if we only get 8 artifacts in both events?
You only need 9 artifacts to fully evolve a building because the base is already at level 1 when you get it. As long as you get 8 from each event, the 2 available in the FA will be enough to cover both buildings.

Edit: @Enevhar Aldarion beat me to it :)

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Free, chapter 11.
Here are the Elvenarchitect rankings for each category. There are 2 big things you need to keep in mind: 1. EA factors everything strictly on a square for square basis and 2. EA does not properly calculate output from evolving buildings and set buildings. The EA rankings usually are using stage 1 versions of evolving buildings and often do not take set bonuses into account. So max level evolving buildings and set buildings are under-ranked by EA.

Mana: 1. Magical Mana Hut, 2. Reveler's Fountain, 3. Shrine of Kirit, 4. Burning Pool, 5. Manta Ray

Seeds: 1. Shrine of Krarak, 2. Tender Tag Team, 3. Amuni Ships, 4. Festival Merchant, 5. Pond of Autumn. **The final 3 in this list are completely equal on a square for square basis, so it is really a 3 way tie. They are listed in order of size, from biggest to smallest.

Culture: I could not do this. When I selected culture buildings, EAs filters stopped working. So I could not select buildings from the Halflings chapter to make a list for you. But generally the Lava Codex is the best free culture building for any chapter on a square for square basis.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Culture: I could not do this. When I selected culture buildings, EAs filters stopped working. So I could not select buildings from the Halflings chapter to make a list for you. But generally the Lava Codex is the best free culture building for any chapter on a square for square basis.

Might have been a temporary glitch because it just sorted fine for me.

But yeah, the top 4 pure culture buildings are ones we may never see again. And then the Lava Codex is in the #5 spot for best, at 625 culture per square in chapter 11. Hilariously, the little Smallest Room, at 590 culture per square, is not far behind.

Lady Dastardly

Will someone post the current top five seed, culture, and mana buildings somewhere in the forum? Elvenarchitect doesn't work on my phone.
It works on my tablet, haven't tried it on a phone, but you might try idavis's site: idavis-elvenar.github.io

You can set your chapter level with the dropdown menu in the upper right corner, and then use the All Buildings tab to sort based on what you're looking for. Unlike EA, evolving bldgs are assumed to be fully evolved Stage 10's for the sort, but you can change the Stage on each bldg and it will re-rank it. Unfortunately, like EA, it does not calculate set bonuses, which undervalues some excellent mana producers.

Tehya1

The building itself is always level one, so you never need more than 9 artifacts to evolve it to level 10. That is what I was saying in the post you quoted. You only need to finish with 220 and 8 artifacts and then use one of the two from the FA to make it max level.
I know that you only need 9, and the way the fas have been going, you can get the 9th plus another after the fa. The last fa covered two events and had two tomes, both of which gave you a choice between boblin and echos. Didn't someone say that the fas would only offer one artifact or tome now? The next fa will also cove two events. If you miss getting all nine artifacts during both events, you could only evolve one of the event bldgs. Did I read that wrong? Will we get a chance to get missing artifacts for both event bldgs (twilight and flower goblin) or just one?

The Unbeliever

I know that you only need 9, and the way the fas have been going, you can get the 9th plus another after the fa. The last fa covered two events and had two tomes, both of which gave you a choice between boblin and echos. Didn't someone say that the fas would only offer one artifact or tome now? The next fa will also cove two events. If you miss getting all nine artifacts during both events, you could only evolve one of the event bldgs. Did I read that wrong? Will we get a chance to get missing artifacts for both event bldgs (twilight and flower goblin) or just one?
The next FA will almost certainly have a single 'tome' which will give a choice of 1x artifact for the past 2 buildings, just like the previous FA.

Also, if we can get a better spread of event mini game types, (ie: 1x 3-rotating chest -> 1x 'other' formats), that will make it easier to at least max out the one evo building. Generally the only events where it's super iffy to make the full 9 artifacts is the 3 rotating chests, as you're far too reliant on multiple RNG factors not screwing you over...
With the more 'tactical' event types in the shuffleboard + 'digging mini game' events, as long as you know how to work those events, you'll make 9 artifacts with very few issues.

If we could get the Wildlife mini game from FoE then holy gak, it'll be record breaking how many GP's you can pull out, unless they nerf the hell out of it. (please don't devs, at least give us ONE event that's heavily in the players' favour!!)
As an example, when this new mini game was first put out on the FoE beta server last year, players were easily gaining 2 fully evolved grand prize buildings, it was that stupid!!
Even with the nerfed version that hit the live servers, as long as you knew what you were doing, it was dead simple to get 1x fully evolved building + a 2nd one half/almost half evolved for 0 diamonds. :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.