• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Starting a racing city!

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo
I like rainbow flower cages. In this city I would craft one, if I saw it! Sadly it is going to take me months to clear the sets and pets and evolving building currently clogging the MA rotation. Ah well, I will just build culture buildings(eww!)
Have you managed to get the Moonstone Library set crafted yet? I would imagine that for a new city the extra spell fragments and CC it provides daily would be way more useful than it is for an established city.

Iyapo1

TomatoeHu has confirmed that a chapter 4 player on beta did not get hit with the changes....so the hope is, if I get the spire open before the changes hit live servers(which I should) they wont take it away! Fingers and toes crossed!

Zoof

Haha Inno got wise to my shenanigans

Finally moved onto the Chapter 2 quest cycle! Because the generic Chapter 1 quests stopped appearing. As if there was an actual limit or something

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
I much prefer the Rainbow Flower Cage as a 1x1 building to the straight culture 1x1s. RFC is giving both population and culture. Also RFC is very good on a square for square basis and tends to outperform most of the larger pop/culture buildings. For example, the total output of 12 RFCs is usually going to be better than most of the 3x4 pop/culture buildings (assuming everything is the same level).

I have a lot of gum tree and mana plants. About 28 mana plants and 35 gum trees. They are 1x1 of course and the most powerful producers of gum and mana. But they offer one other advantage: they are flexible and allow me to shape my farm any way I want. It's like having a flexible border on one side of my city and enables me to shape things and use space a lot more efficiently. So 1x1 buildings not only produce more but add flexibility to your layout.

AJ

Iyapo1

My intention to avoid over scouting in the early game just crashed and burned...I need KP, there is KP out there....and a coldfire phoenix just showed up in my MA with a pet food in the same rotation....overscouting will commence in the morning! I will be careful to clear as I overscout so I dont dig myself into a hole.

Edit @10 pm, 4/20 ...I scouted and cleared all that I could. Province number 43 in ring 5 called for T2s and put an end to my roll. Fortunately since I cleared each province as soon as I scouted it, I only have one ugly open, the rest of the ring is unscouted so the price will drop once I research chapter 3s Advanced Scout Tech. But until then I am frozen.

Last edited:

Iyapo1

I can see the Spire! I broke all my rules. Overscouted and overspent coins on KP (10% of main hall capacity)...oh well, who cares! I can see the spire!
I cant climb very far up it yet but at least I can see it. So under the current system, 10 days to open the Spire, with a little help!

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
You started to early lol, soon new cities are sooooooo much faster at start.
Really?!....getting thoughts in my head lol. I only have 1 city and am already on almost all day everyday as it lol. Not sure if I could handle a second but have always been curious about wanting to and trying another like others do. I definitely couldn't handle more than a second one if I did though and would stop at that. I'm thinking I would have some time for it at least twice or three times a day, but my main energy and focus would be on my current city. How much extra time about does it take you all for a second city or how often a day do you log into your other cities?

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Also, if I did, which world would you all recommend? I was thinking beta would be exciting but not sure yet. Right now I'm in US6 Sinya Arda.

DeletedUser30612

@Yavimaya I would hold off on attempting beta until they worked out the bugs with the new cities. It appears my recently started test city as switched tech trees on me. Waiting to see if they stopped the test or if I encountered a big bad bug.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Yavimaya I would hold off on attempting beta until they worked out the bugs with the new cities. It appears my recently started test city as switched tech trees on me. Waiting to see if they stopped the test or if I encountered a big bad bug.
Don't think that's a bug. They're testing changes to chap 1-5 right now for new cities. It's live on EN, although they're calling the changes "minor differences". I would like a minor difference in the amount of Pet Food I have too.

DeletedUser30612

Don't think that's a bug. They're testing changes to chap 1-5 right now for new cities. It's live on EN, although they're calling the changes "minor differences". I would like a minor difference in the amount of Pet Food I have too.
If it’s not a bug they stopped the test leaving it impossible for people to fill in the research meant for later. And the magic academy can’t even craft anything now with no research for crafting.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If it’s not a bug they stopped the test leaving it impossible for people to fill in the research meant for later. And the magic academy can’t even craft anything now with no research for crafting.
Yup, that's been complained about, though I think we need to keep that in Beta thread.
Sooooo back to seeing if @Iyapo1 is a Flower Goblin Cheetah...what boosts did you roll?

Iyapo1

@crackie Marble, Crystal, Gems seems more dwarven than goblin but I never argue with the RNG. Also, as a pacifist, I think I should be considered an ally... No buds killed here!

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Really?!....getting thoughts in my head lol. I only have 1 city and am already on almost all day everyday as it lol. Not sure if I could handle a second but have always been curious about wanting to and trying another like others do. I definitely couldn't handle more than a second one if I did though and would stop at that. I'm thinking I would have some time for it at least twice or three times a day, but my main energy and focus would be on my current city. How much extra time about does it take you all for a second city or how often a day do you log into your other cities?
I have a smaller second city (under a different ID) in Arendyll. I focus mainly on Darielle in Sinya, since that's where I'm the second mage and the spire mage and I have responsibilities (not to mention the fact that Traders of Unur is just plain hard to find room for). The Arendyll city doesn't take much time (mainly because I don't have much extra time). I pretty much zoom in there and zoom out 2-3 times a day. On that city, I normally set my stuff to 9 hour builds, although during events I sometimes do 3 hour ones. On the Sinya city, I always do 3 hour builds.

I'd say I average about 25-30 minutes or less per day on Arendyll, although I don't know whether that will get harder in the future, once I'm out of Wood Elves there. I'm in a good mid-level fellowship that is casual enough to suit my needs but active enough that I don't get bored. I wouldn't want high-powered requirements from a fs on that one, so finding the right fellowship is key, if you don't want to spend too much time on a second city.