• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Dawn of the Phoenix

Exnor

To be honest I am getting a little frustrated at these events. For this event I tried to jump on it really fast in order to stay in the Silver league or maybe get to Gold. With 22 days left I hit my first time-locked quest. Fast-forward to today, at 14 days left, and I am now in the Bronze league. Whenever the time-lock quest was open I would complete it right away with my time instants. No matter how fast or hard I try I can't stay in Silver or get to Gold, not to mention getting the 10 artifacts.

Are the Silver & Gold leagues just for people who purchase Sky Essence?
Why do they have the time-lock quests?
What do I need to do differently?

---Signed, Frustrated.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
To be honest I am getting a little frustrated at these events. For this event I tried to jump on it really fast in order to stay in the Silver league or maybe get to Gold. With 22 days left I hit my first time-locked quest. Fast-forward to today, at 14 days left, and I am now in the Bronze league. Whenever the time-lock quest was open I would complete it right away with my time instants. No matter how fast or hard I try I can't stay in Silver or get to Gold, not to mention getting the 10 artifacts.

Are the Silver & Gold leagues just for people who purchase Sky Essence?
Why do they have the time-lock quests?
What do I need to do differently?

---Signed, Frustrated.
The gold league may be for those who purchase, but the silver league is definitely doable with some luck. I've ended in silver league a few times and I've never bought the stash hut or extra essence. But when the RNG gods are not smiling, then I wind up in bronze. It depends on your strategy. If you always take the optimal chests for map progression (ie, lowest cost per jump across the board), then it is easier to get into silver although it's still not guaranteed. You have to have a little bit of luck, too.

If you go for the chests that have the things you want in them, if they are not optimized for the map then your chance of winning silver lowers quite a bit. Right now I'm going for the chests I like, so I may wind up in bronze. That's okay with me.

Best of luck to you.

Alram

Flippers just flip
While I agree that you can luck into silver league sometimes, you are always competing with other players for a spot. I usually finish around 260 but I expect that to get me Iron this event due to a lot of players wanting this building.

Tehya1

I ended up in silver for the first time in 4 of 5 cities in the last event because I slowed down and picked chests with the best chance for more sky essence. I only play on days when I like the daily, but I still pick the optimal chest (check out Jackluyts' event doc) with the best chance for more sky essence. I usually get the daily, and last event, I stayed in silver to the end, even in my smallest city tat did not have a stash house.

Going fast is not the way to end up in silver unless you spend our event currency wisely. Players here kept reminding me that you can play for the dailies or play for the grand prizes until it finally sunk in. I play for the grand prizes on days when I like the dailies, and if I get all of the artifacts, I don't care which league I end up in. I am close to all in two of my cities already.

Fayeanne

Going fast is not the way to end up in silver unless you spend our event currency wisely.

Going fast is not the way to end up in Silver period. Speed has absolutely nothing to do with it; the determination is by your final score when the event ends, regardless of how soon you got there. (There is one caveat: the league levels get locked at something like the last hour of the event, so if a lot of people wait until the very last minute to spend their currency, that will lower the overall score needed for each league for everybody.)

As a side note, I ended up in Silver in the previous event too, but that's only because the threshold for Silver was so low (I think it ended up being 258 or something?) meaning a lot of people in Silver didn't even max the Grand Prize. Since Silver is--I believe?--the top 5% of the players, that meant in the previous event, less than 5% of the people maxed the Grand Prize...

Last edited:

Moho

Chef
I am really excited with the Voices of the Prophet. At the moment I have 3 Voices of the Prophet in 2 cities, and 6 Voices of the Prophet in my oldest city. I can't believe how many Priests I get daily.

In about 3 days' time the daily exclusive will be 10 squads of Orc Warriors. I'll be spending a lot of event currency on that day.

Exnor

I ended up in silver for the first time in 4 of 5 cities in the last event because I slowed down and picked chests with the best chance for more sky essence. I only play on days when I like the daily, but I still pick the optimal chest (check out Jackluyts' event doc) with the best chance for more sky essence. I usually get the daily, and last event, I stayed in silver to the end, even in my smallest city tat did not have a stash house.

Going fast is not the way to end up in silver unless you spend our event currency wisely. Players here kept reminding me that you can play for the dailies or play for the grand prizes until it finally sunk in. I play for the grand prizes on days when I like the dailies, and if I get all of the artifacts, I don't care which league I end up in. I am close to all in two of my cities already.
You are correct in saying "Going fast is not the way to end up in silver". I spend my currency optimally (lowest cost for most feathers), but I have been closer to silver and 10 artifacts on other events. Also, as someone else said, maybe many people are really going for this one. I will readjust my strategy for the next one. Thanks for the advice.

Exnor

Going fast is not the way to end up in Silver period. Speed has absolutely nothing to do with it; the determination is by your final score when the event ends, regardless of how soon you got there. (There is one caveat: the league levels get locked at something like the last hour of the event, so if a lot of people wait until the very last minute to spend their currency, that will lower the overall score needed for each league for everybody.)

Having said that...just what ARE the optimal chests for Grand Prizes? I've been following the charts posted on this thread, and in my main city, under an optimistic scenario, I'll wind up with a score of 238 after completing all of the quests. Even my secondary city (which lucked out and got a +500 currency reward from one of the chests) is likely to only reach 246 unless it gets lucky with the chest rolls. These scores aren't even close to the 260 needed for the Grand Prize (much less Silver league). I'm starting to feel like maybe I've been choosing the wrong chests all along...

As a side note, I ended up in Silver in the previous event too, but that's only because the threshold for Silver was so low (I think it ended up being 258 or something?) meaning a lot of people in Silver didn't even max the Grand Prize. Since Silver is--I believe?--the top 5% of the players, that meant in the previous event, less than 5% of the people maxed the Grand Prize...
By "optimal" I took the approach of lowest-cost-for-most-feather, maybe optimal would be best chance at more Sky Essence, or what you said...for Grand Prizes.

Tehya1

By "optimal" I took the approach of lowest-cost-for-most-feather, maybe optimal would be best chance at more Sky Essence, or what you said...for Grand Prizes.
I am choosing the biggest chest with the best chance at more event currency and I keep getting more sky essence, 50, 100, 500. I have not gotten the daily prizes that I wanted in all of my cities, but I have in most, because the best chance for sky essence happens to be the best chance forr the daily most of the time.

What is today's daily prize? It says nothing on the box, but the chests say it is the "Shrine of Champions" . I can't find it in any lists,