• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyapo1

True, I haven’t sold them yet in case there is another one acquiring 8 workshops. Apparently, I’m somehow suppose to use 2 teleports spells in chapter 2
No, just sell them(or not, up to you), anything that is that quick and easy to build is not worthy of a teleport spell ;)

Iyapo1

I did notice that but does it make that much of a difference to compensate for the loss of other things that sped you up? Also did they bother to fix the world map issue by addressing SS techs or is that still as broken as ever? If they are blocking access to tournaments then moving SS techs forward won't mess with that and should help fix the
Reducing the KP demands will allow players to reach needed tech faster. They will need less KP to reach and unlock all troop types and upgrades which should make it faster for a city to be able to afford to clear provinces.

Still, imo, nothing could compensate for the loss of the spire goodies.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
The problem isn't park'd cities, its the fact that everyone can have
8 worlds, 1 each and all those diamonds flow directly into 1 account.
The simple fix is Blue and Red diamonds.
All diamonds purchased are red, special diamonds that you share across all worlds. Blue, regular diamonds that you win are not shared and stick to the world where they are earned.
Boom, no more diamond pushing.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Nope. Someone brought up a friend started playing and the partner of said friend developed an interest to start playing too. They were simply looking for a FS together. The CM of EN chimed in right away to say they can’t play together in same FS.
The mods on the EN forums are notoriously poor at interpreting the rules. as others said, this has been confirmed years ago to be a copy&paste error from other inno games.
It's all about preventing you from getting free "diamonds" for inviting [yourself] to play the game: a feature that doesn't exist in Elvenar.
If it actually was about fellowship invites
1. the ultra-simple workaround would just be to ask a fellowship member to invite your spouse.
2. the rule should simply state that "you can't share a fellowship with your spouse/ip address":, the "invite feature" mentioned makes no sense if it pertains to FS

@helya could you ask for an official statement on this, please?

"Members of the same household using the same IP address may play together in a Fellowship provided that they do not break the No Pushing rule" - someone official

Last edited:

DeletedUser30612

@Lelanya thanks my ipad was uploading as png files. I grabbed screenshots from my computer.

@Zoof The build the barracks quest can be skipped once you clear advanced scouts for chapter 2. In the chapter 2 quest line there is now a barracks upgrade that can't be skipped early on in the quest line. I haven't cleared advanced scouts for chapter 3 yet, hopefully be the end of the day.

barracks-upgrade-quest.jpg

I actually have two new beta city accounts on the second one I'm actually doing the quest line since I put down the barracks there. I started it after the festival quest was bugged only for those on the new tech tree. Haven't come across I quest that gives me teleport spells as a reward.

teleport-spell-quest.jpg

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
@Lelanya thanks my ipad was uploading as png files. I grabbed screenshots from my computer.
BTW, the forum does allow you to upload PNGs. The more common stumbling block is if you're on mobile device to do screenshots, they pack more pixels into the same inch of space and therefore, will generate larger files. The second factor here is JPG is a lossy compression format, meaning it chucks some information about the image away in the file crunching process in order to make the file smaller. The higher the compression ratio, the smaller the file size, but the grainier the image will get. Hence, you can get far smaller file sizes out of a JPG. PNG is a lossless compression format so it keeps all the info (including transparency layer, which you can't do on JPGs) and thereby will create somewhat larger files in general. The third factor is the file upload process dictated by forum software. I think it's a 2MBs upload limit so if you keep your PNGs under 2MBs (or whatever the number is) by resizing/cropping, you are good to go. Hope that helps! :)

Edit: You can also bypass the file size limit by uploading the image to a 3rd party host and using the link function in the image insertion feature. I try not to upload my shenanigans directly onto the forum's servers so I use the link option often (not because they're over 2MBs, but bc they're not always game related).

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I was looking some more at the changes being done to chapters 1-5 and I realized that the AW researches in chapter 2 and 3 have been moved to chapter 4.

So no tournament or AW helping until chapter 4 and no Spire until chapter 5.

@crackie it is a 1 MB size limit for .png files.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Do they want to lose new players? They must. It is human nature to want a piece of the pie, and inno is telling new players that they can't have pie until after they stick with the most boring aspects of the game for 5 chapters.

What they probably want are dedicated players who will advance through the story, and with the overall streamlining being done to the first 5 chapters, players who will be online enough should get into chapter 5 maybe a month after they start playing. Inno is also a big believer in "the more time people are in the game, the more likely they are to spend money." Casual players who log in once every day or two do not generate income in any free-to-play game, not just Elvenar. And cities intentionally parked in early chapters to take advantage of the system do not spend money either. Many of them are likely alt cities that the players use to intentionally break the rules.

DeletedUser30612

Yup, I think they do…making barracks upgrades mandatory isn’t going to help anyone move along the tech tree. It’s only going to have people cut down the amount of factories they have with low relic boosts it’ll take way longer once they reach guest races.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Casual players who log in once every day or two do not generate income in any free-to-play game, not just Elvenar.

Except they changed tournaments specifically for casual players and there have been stats shown in the past regarding their income which is more this casual group under x years. The game isn't designed for casual players once you get further in and hit the decaying resources, the more of those you get the harder it is for a casual player. So a player has plenty of time to decide when and where to park a town and enjoy whatever aspects they like or just quit

They have happily traded long term whales for short term casual players. This change shouldn't impact long term players but theyobviously feel it will be an improvement overall.

Silver Lady

Have I read correctly? The changes to the tech tree are going to force players to have a barrack? I’ve got a fairly new member that doesn‘t want anything military in their city at all, no barrack, no TG, no MC, no Armories. They want to be totally workers so WS, Factories and ONs (for orcs). I’m not sure how it’s going to go but if they want to play their city that way it should be allowed in a city builder game.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Have I read correctly? The changes to the tech tree are going to force players to have a barrack? I’ve got a fairly new member that doesn‘t want anything military in their city at all, no barrack, no TG, no MC, no Armories. They want to be totally workers so WS, Factories and ONs (for orcs). I’m not sure how it’s going to go but if they want to play their city that way it should be allowed in a city builder game.
I don't think it affects people that already started the game (Source: Beta Forums). However, Thiago did mention in the Buried City Q&A that military buildings like barracks, training ground, etc. are meant to be core buildings that must be in the city, even if you don't fight. That is why you can't teleport them.

Maaaaaaybe the strategy is to get people to panic and start a bunch of cities now to be grandfathered into old rules/tech trees :D

Alram

Flippers just flip
@Silver Lady
The game does seem to being moving in the battle direction. Maybe they only make money from fighting cities? I play on mobile only. We are not allowed to manual battle or even see the terrain on the battle screen. The big money is on mobile. Maybe catering cities aren't moneyhoney!

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
The mods on the EN forums are notoriously poor at interpreting the rules. as others said, this has been confirmed years ago to be a copy&paste error from other inno games.
It's all about preventing you from getting free "diamonds" for inviting [yourself] to play the game: a feature that doesn't exist in Elvenar.
If it actually was about fellowship invites
1. the ultra-simple workaround would just be to ask a fellowship member to invite your spouse.
2. the rule should simply state that "you can't share a fellowship with your spouse/ip address":, the "invite feature" mentioned makes no sense if it pertains to FS

@helya could you ask for an official statement on this, please?

"Members of the same household using the same IP address may play together in a Fellowship provided that they do not break the No Pushing rule" - someone official

Having multiple cities in the same World and in the same FS is permitted in Elvenar, just not if you have those cities specifically to push another account. https://support.innogames.com/kb/El...-play-more-than-one-account-on-the-same-world

Status
Not open for further replies.