• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

New Ancient Wonder Idea

StarLoad

Not to be the naysayer, but since the ITEM that you apply the petfood is the item with the limit, I am not sure how this could work effectively? I mean it should be possible but ... sounds like a lot of re-coding for each petfood enabled bldg.

Ed

StarLoad

Unless they coded the petfood instead so that it adds X% to its value.
Not sure how well this would work as the petfood is the trigger for the enabled bldg and then it would have to go through several iterations of "If this, then this" until it matched the level of the "new AW" to the action the enabled bldg is supposed to do. To me, it sounds overly complex and may not be feasible in the game coding. More likely they would do a super petfood that triggers an enhanced bonus. but again each bldg would have to have a new set of instructions added to accommodate this.

Ed

Myne

Oh Wise One
Not sure how well this would work as the petfood is the trigger for the enabled bldg and then it would have to go through several iterations of "If this, then this" until it matched the level of the "new AW" to the action the enabled bldg is supposed to do. To me, it sounds overly complex and may not be feasible in the game coding. More likely they would do a super petfood that triggers an enhanced bonus. but again each bldg would have to have a new set of instructions added to accommodate this.

Ed

you know, with the mention of "super petfood" it occurred to me that super pet food that lasted 24hrs would be an awesome prize for events.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I agree with @ed1960. I have an ashen phoenix. What effect is a food wonder going to have on it's 33 days? I have a 5 day polar bear and a 3 day red panda master too. It just sounds difficult to code. I would prefer a wonder that just gives pet food as a drop.

defiantoneks

as Ed says, not to be a naysayer but why invest AW space for pet food? easy enough to replace a ferris wheel option with pet food, or make whatever upcoming evolving building have pet food as one of the options (like ToT offers choices).

Momonar

I view it as similar to the wonder that adds duration to magical manufacturing, or adds portal % modifiers like blooming trader guild.
Shouldn't be that difficult, plenty of templates to choose from (including the status boxes you get when you hover over a value to see what goes into the value)

Code would look something like this for a petfood enabled building when trigger by a user feeding the building:
Building_OnFeeding (Building selectedBuilding)
{ <assume input validation ensures selectedBuilding is a valid building that is feedable>
AddedDuration = selectedBuilding.GetDurationPerPetFood();
if (BonusAncientWonderBuilt)
{ AddedDuration += BonusAncientWonderPercentage * selectedBuilding.GetDurationPerPetFood();
}
selectedBuilding.petfoodduration += AddedDuration;
}

As for usefulness, well if your ancient wonder was maxxed at say 200%, then 1 pet food would last 3 months instead of 1 month... probably cover 2 events most of the time.

Bottom line, the game needs MORE PET FOOD! I am tired of always being on my last can. I'm asking everyone who thinks there needs to be a Pet Food Factory, or similar, to change the name of their Cities to something like I NEED PET FOOD!!!, at least for a short time, to protest the massive Pet Food shortage! Heck, they have no 'supply chain' issues. Their only issue is that we all have many animals that need to be fed!!!!!

defiantoneks

i wont deny that pet food is a challenge. however, i also wont say it should be easy to get. part of the challenge is, as with anything else, determining the priority of how you spend. whether it's space, seeds, mana, sentient goods, or yep… pet food.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Not to be the naysayer, but since the ITEM that you apply the petfood is the item with the limit, I am not sure how this could work effectively? I mean it should be possible but ... sounds like a lot of re-coding for each petfood enabled bldg.

Ed

Might be simpler to just create a wonder that gives pet food. They can easily control the frequency and amount. By providing another source it would be equivalent to "increasing duration, although a person would still need to prioritise how they use it. Sadly I am skeptical they would make the supply worth building a wonder for.

defiantoneks

Sadly I am skeptical they would make the supply worth building a wonder for.
nor the size. my guess (GUESS) is that we could (at some point) see an expiring building. Probably 3x4, 30 day duration that kicks out one pet food every 48 hours. and probably something like the genie, where you only see it as a spire or maybe MA chest reward. basically modeled after the Trading Station only for pet food.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Maybe crackie should have his shenanigian elves put out some kind of pet food enhancement ray gun. I'm sure it would sell well.

AJ

Momonar

True to all of the above. It might be better and more likely to be worth it if the wonder extended the duration by level, and generated pet food (at the rate of 1 / week base, then every 10 levels, 1 more per week, max at 4 per week). Mechanic wise, it is similar to Enar's Embassy and Tome of Secrets regarding rate at which things accumulate. But unlike those wonders, it might actually be worth it to build with that feature.

Momonar

Looks like defiantoneks for the win... Event reward at 240 is a building that produces 1 pet food every 45 hours - lasts 10 days.