• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

All Hail Buddy!

Zoof

This player must have trillions of winter lampions and now smallest rooms too, since before every diamond win in the MA you win a truck load of every thing else ;)
Man. I redid the calculations yet again and came right back to 1.95m diamonds. That's hot on the heels of coming up with a figure of 426 winter lampions. I wonder if they kept them or recycled them in the unlikely event that they were running out of spell frags?

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Man. I redid the calculations yet again and came right back to 1.95m diamonds. That's hot on the heels of coming up with a figure of 426 winter lampions. I wonder if they kept them or recycled them in the unlikely event that they were running out of spell frags?
No, you keep them in case devs throw a curveball with “Use Winter Lampions” (defragging counts) event quest.

Killy-

It was kinda easy to go "infinite" with 10 red pandas or so. All you need in addition is the wonder that gives you cc with every mystic object and your only limitation would be fragments. You could make dias and get all the boosters or whatever while flipping through the academy. I posted that in my fs during the event for fun, because I like to find broken stupid stuff that would work in theory. However - one member in my fs with some loose money did buy those pandas. Shortly after he got screwed with the mystical object nerf (I think it is likely because of the panda). Inno likes to print money with broken stuff and doing some "fixing" afterwards.

StarLoad

You can add me to the Buddie fan club as I have been using them from the start and autofight the majority of battles. I do mix 2 units as needed and generally, it is the Blossom Princess and Frog or Buddie and Golems. If needed I will do the Pro Ranger and Frog and I will manually fight many of them for the fun of it.

Ed

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I know saying this will disqualify me from immediate membership in the Buddy fan club, but I still do not think Bud Sorceress is as good as Sacred Priest or Blossom Princess. And this is almost entirely due to the fact that Priests and Blossoms have: 1. Longer attack range than Buddy and 2. A stronger special ability for reducing opponent defensive rating. This simply makes Priests and Blossoms more effective at killing quickly from a distance.
Now that being said, the stats for the 4 star versions of each unit is already up at Elvenarchitect even though 4 star promotions for none of these unit types have yet been released in-game. And Buddy is slated to get a better stat increase to both attack rating and health than either Priests or Blossoms will whenever those 4 star promotions do drop. I reserve the right to change my opinion once this does happen, cause it looks like the 4 star version of Buddy will be *FORMIDABLE*.

StarLoad

I know saying this will disqualify me from immediate membership in the Buddy fan club, but I still do not think Bud Sorceress is as good as Sacred Priest or Blossom Princess. And this is almost entirely due to the fact that Priests and Blossoms have: 1. Longer attack range than Buddy and 2. A stronger special ability for reducing opponent defensive rating. This simply makes Priests and Blossoms more effective at killing quickly from a distance.
Now that being said, the stats for the 4 star versions of each unit is already up at Elvenarchitect even though 4 star promotions for none of these unit types have yet been released in-game. And Buddy is slated to get a better stat increase to both attack rating and health than either Priests or Blossoms will whenever those 4 star promotions do drop. I reserve the right to change my opinion once this does happen, cause it looks like the 4 star version of Buddy will be *FORMIDABLE*.
I will chime in and say while you may be numbers correct, actual use in the lower rounds favors the Bud simple due to the free amounts available that can be used without worry. That is my take on them I save my Princesses for the hight/later rounds and find them very, very good.

Ed

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Henroo
You are technically correct about the abilities of Buddy. I myself have fallen victim to the elite capabilities of Ranger, Blossom, and Froggie at 3 stars. The thing is, while they're better than (I'm an elf, so:) Archer, Buddy and Golem, that doesn't make Archer, Buddy or Golem obsolete. I had treated them as obsolete myself for quite awhile.
Since I first started this thread (a bit over 3 weeks now), I am using all those Barracks troops a lot! Yes, they take higher numbers of losses, but those losses are refilled with passive productions whereas I need to actively produce the others to refill losses. Saving the elite troops for higher level battles has meant that I have returned all my squads in inventory to (browser version) >999 (except for the ones that are not strong enough imo to waste time/resources training them: Dryad, Banshee, Drone Rider) without feeding the brown bear. The >999 inventory levels were achieved from last week's losses before needing to do this week's Spire/tourney (will finish them tomorrow) to use the same boost bldgs as last week. So, a bit less than 2 days regular training or so when not using troops maybe? The only time I pushed through troops with time boosts was to bleed off excess supplies.
Failure to take advantage of all my troop options and constantly choosing only the elite troops meant I had gone back to once/wk minimum feeding of brown bear as I took both cities to 6 rounds of 30 provinces. Now, as I creep higher in provinces (goal is sustainable 6 rounds of 38 provinces) I expect it will be easier to recoup losses than I envisioned as I painfully went from 25 to 30 provinces.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@Henroo
You are technically correct about the abilities of Buddy. I myself have fallen victim to the elite capabilities of Ranger, Blossom, and Froggie at 3 stars. The thing is, while they're better than (I'm an elf, so:) Archer, Buddy and Golem, that doesn't make Archer, Buddy or Golem obsolete. I had treated them as obsolete myself for quite awhile.
2 of my cities are human, 1 is elvish. All 3 are about midway though ch 17. And actually in my Elvish city Golem is still my go-to heavy ranged unit. I still actively train them in my barracks, in addition to the free ones I get from Temple of Toads. Using Golems as my primary heavy ranged unit allows me to focus the Mercenary Camp in my Elvish city entirely on Rangers and Blossoms. Archer is not bad for an elf, but it is not as good as Ranger when both are at 3 star level. I've not yet gotten into ch18 and received the 4 star promotion for archers. I believe you might have already. I do anticipate using Archers more once I get this promotion, but for now I am just banking the free archers I get from Shrine of Shrooms and mainly using Rangers.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
My Ch18 city is parked after activating Gate of Dimensions and my Ch16 city is parked after activating Senate. So, all my troops are 3 star. The Ch18 city is on its 3rd wk of 31 provinces (after sitting at 30 provinces for over 12 wks); my Ch16 city is on its 2nd wk of 30 provinces. The long slog through chapters almost had me at the point of stopping playing; it was no longer any fun or challenge when I reached the point of 'there is no strategy available that will improve my performance'. Now, I must be lured with very pretty sparkly, shiny, glittery objects I can only get for completing a chapter. The last thing that met that criteria and caused me to move my city through Ch16 and 17 was the Dragon Ark AW at the end of 17. Now, I'm waiting for the next motivator.
Archer is not bad for an elf, but it is not as good as Ranger when both are at 3 star level.
I disagree if there are any enemy Mist Walkers and you want to use Blossoms also in your lineup. Mix Archers/Blossoms only and the MW's will target the Archers first. Mix Rangers/Blossoms only and the MW's will target the Blossoms. As far as that goes, put anything in there other than just Archers/Blossoms and MW's first strike target becomes much less predictable. Since I was using this combo successfully in a lot of fights, Archers is the Barracks unit I have chosen to produce. Still, most of the time I'm training above the >999 squads of Archers inventory cutoff, but unsure of how using only the passive productions of Archers would hold up to replenishing losses.
Since I have several Dojo's out and use Rangers less frequently, they remain at >999 most of the time and recoup quickly from that passive production if they slip a little. Two lvl 10 Witches Huts keep my Frogs at >999 unless there's a 'frog heavy' week in both Spire/tourney. Then, I'll run some Frogs through. Mostly, my Merc camp is set to Blossoms all the time. They're great units, but they're squishy, so constant production has been necessary for me. That may change now with using more Buddies. Then, I'll alternate where needed between Rangers/Blossoms/Frogs.
I would like to note that this level of troop inventory is totally overkill! I've not dropped below 850 squads of any unit (that I use) in well over a year. Keeping them at >999 satisfies my inner hoarder need to be exceptionally well prepared.

crackie

You can add me to the Buddie fan club as I have been using them from the start and autofight the majority of battles.
Membership to the Bud Sorceress Fan Club has TRIPLED this year!!! This one is special because Buddy doesn't usually like friends from the canine family. :D
ed-bud-3.jpg

Henroo

Oh Wise One
My Ch18 city is parked after activating Gate of Dimensions and my Ch16 city is parked after activating Senate. So, all my troops are 3 star. The Ch18 city is on its 3rd wk of 31 provinces (after sitting at 30 provinces for over 12 wks); my Ch16 city is on its 2nd wk of 30 provinces. The long slog through chapters almost had me at the point of stopping playing; it was no longer any fun or challenge when I reached the point of 'there is no strategy available that will improve my performance'. Now, I must be lured with very pretty sparkly, shiny, glittery objects I can only get for completing a chapter. The last thing that met that criteria and caused me to move my city through Ch16 and 17 was the Dragon Ark AW at the end of 17. Now, I'm waiting for the next motivator.

I disagree if there are any enemy Mist Walkers and you want to use Blossoms also in your lineup. Mix Archers/Blossoms only and the MW's will target the Archers first. Mix Rangers/Blossoms only and the MW's will target the Blossoms. As far as that goes, put anything in there other than just Archers/Blossoms and MW's first strike target becomes much less predictable. Since I was using this combo successfully in a lot of fights, Archers is the Barracks unit I have chosen to produce. Still, most of the time I'm training above the >999 squads of Archers inventory cutoff, but unsure of how using only the passive productions of Archers would hold up to replenishing losses.
Since I have several Dojo's out and use Rangers less frequently, they remain at >999 most of the time and recoup quickly from that passive production if they slip a little. Two lvl 10 Witches Huts keep my Frogs at >999 unless there's a 'frog heavy' week in both Spire/tourney. Then, I'll run some Frogs through. Mostly, my Merc camp is set to Blossoms all the time. They're great units, but they're squishy, so constant production has been necessary for me. That may change now with using more Buddies. Then, I'll alternate where needed between Rangers/Blossoms/Frogs.
I would like to note that this level of troop inventory is totally overkill! I've not dropped below 850 squads of any unit (that I use) in well over a year. Keeping them at >999 satisfies my inner hoarder need to be exceptionally well prepared.
I understand completely about needing to be motivated to keep going. I had all 3 cities parked at the start of ch 16 for about 2 months. And then ch 19 got announced. For me the 4 star promotions for Rangers and Cerberus are that motivation. I resumed my advance through the tech tree in order to get these unit promotions.

As far as the unit mix situations you describe, those sound like manual combat situations. I might as well fess up that as my cities have grown and take up more time just to manage them, I've stopped fighting battles manually. I'm pretty much 100% autofight even though I play on PC mostly. And autofight seems to work best with only 1 unit type. I do wonder if I did put in multiple unit types, if the targeting preferences you describe would carry over to autofight?

As for the troop levels, I also maintain >999 squads of my most used troop types. However that is for map province fights. When pushing deep into the tournament or high into the spire, I tend to only have 200 or 300 available squads of troops. And really that is what matters. So if my army camp ever shows less than 999 squads of a troop type, I tend to start training those troops hard. I also like to be "well prepared"! LOL

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
And autofight seems to work best with only 1 unit type. I do wonder if I did put in multiple unit types, if the targeting preferences you describe would carry over to autofight?
I've recently gone to mostly autofight, right before I started this thread. I am doing it for speed, so I'm using my tablet. For manual fights, I could use more unit types. I know it's always said that 1 type is best for auto-fight. I will often use 3/2 combos though. Doing that auto with the Archer/Blossom combo resulted in that 850 squads inventory that freaked me out caused me to re-evaluate Buddy to start with, lol! I switched those to an Archer/Buddy combo and in 3 wks I have not had to train any Buddies to reach >999. Are the actual losses lower? Dunno. I just know right now, I can keep that figure [>999] underneath both Buddy and Blossom. That makes me happy, lol!
I've yet to determine if I'll end up needing to train more Buddies. Three weeks is just not enough time to see where this will go. There's also the option of using Blossoms at lower provinces/spire chests than I am currently (which is really almost no Blossoms in the entire Spire and none in the first 25 tourney provinces). I might be able to switch to Blossoms for the Laboratory and for provinces 22+ (for example) and still maintain inventory levels of both Blossoms and Buddies. Dunno yet.

crackie

I know saying this will disqualify me from immediate membership in the Buddy fan club, but I still do not think Bud Sorceress is as good as Sacred Priest or Blossom Princess.
They have different roles and different specialties. I use Blossoms in an offensive sous chef role but Buddies in a defensive medic role. Blossom prep someone to be taken down by my other units and Buddy patch them up to buy them time.
I will chime in and say while you may be numbers correct, actual use in the lower rounds favors the Bud simple due to the free amounts available that can be used without worry.
For me, it's the opposite. Buddy's value is in the higher provinces. The higher the province, the more valuable she becomes. In the lower and mid provinces, I might be able to kill a Heavy Range in one or two rounds (with fed lvl 10 Fire Phoenix). Ghastly Banshee's Nasty Nightmare debuff is only good for one round. She nerfs them and we wrap it up next round. In the upper provinces, the Heavy Range might take 3 or more rounds to clean up, especially if you've spent most of your first round ammo trying to kill off Mist Walkers. Buddy's Broken Valor is good for TWO rounds. You might not kill off that stack, but she halved their fire power for TWO whole rounds! This is critical in the upper provinces when the enemy stack size outnumber you, sometimes by double! Buddy neutralizes the huge stack advantage the enemies have in the upper provinces to make the fight more fair. A fed Fire Phoenix means you will always have more fire power despite being the smaller stack, but you have to live long enough to get your shot off. Buddy buys you time. She makes sure your guys don't bleed out.

If you use Blossom to kill a Heavy Range, she has to move forward to reach them (and if you autofight she will definitely move forward). Once she moves up, she will be in range of Heavy Range and she is squishy as @samidodamage likes to say. Even with a fed Fire Phoenix and a MMM, I can't one-shot kill a Heavy Range in the upper provinces so that Heavy Range gets a retaliation shot back. Even though Blossom has a defensive bonus against Heavy Range, she has a buff bonus, not a debuff. I'd rather they hit me back with -40% nerf from a Ghastly Banshee or a -50% nerf from Buddy. Pair that with their native defensive bonus against Heavy Range, it becomes a Princess Vespa situation where the only damage done is minor hair damage to piss the mage sisters off next round to finish them off. Therefore, even if they go after Buddy or Banshee, there isn't much replacing needed because they can absorb hits from Heavy Range like sponges.

crackie

I'll keep this point of view in mind as well now going forward. As I make adjustments, this could also be a part of the strategy for certain battles that will help keep my inventory where I like it. :cool:
Just part of what I love about discussing the game on the forums: more ideas!
I don't have enough scouted provinces to go over 40 in every tourney yet and I don't clear my provinces unless the event lady dictates, so my provinces are advancing very slowly. I'm saving all my Dwarven Armorers until I can do over 40 regularly (still have some from chapter 4). Deployment of Buddies in the upper provinces is a big part of my Dwarven Armorers and UUU conservation strategy. Buddy allows me to get to 40 on only one UUU each week. Hoping I can maintain only using one until I can get myself a Timewarp to stretch buff buildings for 2 tourneys.