• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Stolen Account

A former member of our FS had the login details to another account. He left for another FS and brought the 2nd account with him. Now the real owner cannot login as the account info has been changed. I’ve reached out to the other FS and setup a ticket with support. Only other suggestions?

Moho

Chef
zipper-mouth-face.png

Iyapo1

All you can do is contact support. Not sure how much help they will be considering the fact that both the original account owner and the player that took the account are in violation of the game rules.
"3. Account sharing
Players must keep their own login data, passwords and access data secret. Disclosing your password to other players is strictly prohibited.

As a player, you can only play your own account. Accessing another player’s account is strictly prohibited.

Make sure to choose a secure password and remember it is your responsibility to keep it secret. Please inform us promptly if third parties gain unauthorized access to your account.

If someone gives you their own password, please report them."

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Sadly, the "sharing" of accounts is verboten. I only say, "sadly" because many games allow short term sharing. It would be nice here if one could name a substitute for a limited time and it can be done without even sharing their password or other details. It was done in one game in the settings. You put in a persons game name and a password for them. You set the amount of time (up to 14 days was allowed) and sent them the password. After 14 days it expired and that was that. It made a lot of players stick around as they knew that at least the minimum would be done in their cities. But that's not available here.

AJ

How did someone in the first place get login information for another person?
Wellllllll, someone was EXTREMELY naughty!! Real world events caused a player to need some time off and they didn’t want to hurt the FS. So, they reached out and someone said “I’ll help” and it worked great for the longest time - until it didn’t. Support already slapped our wrists - quite severely I might add! We didn’t know - hadn’t read - totally forgot - all the above - about not sharing login info. It seemed quite innocent at the time. It really helped the FS so none of us thought anything of it - until now. And support will only discuss with the actual account holder who really doesn’t want any more spankings!

Sadly, the "sharing" of accounts is verboten. I only say, "sadly" because many games allow short term sharing. It would be nice here if one could name a substitute for a limited time and it can be done without even sharing their password or other details. It was done in one game in the settings. You put in a persons game name and a password for them. You set the amount of time (up to 14 days was allowed) and sent them the password. After 14 days it expired and that was that. It made a lot of players stick around as they knew that at least the minimum would be done in their cities. But that's not available here.

AJ
That is an awesome idea! Not everyone is retired and lazy like me with lots of free time to play games. It would really help when people are called away! Ok - so - make it so!!! Lol!

It was more of a notice than a slap, but the player will need to contact support themselves.
Sadly the player involved wishes to avoid further confrontation with the law and is resigned to the fact that his little bird is now an X-parrot! Bereft of life, it languishes in an eternal slumber ( I’m adlibbing here) nailed to its perch soas to mimic life!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Sadly the player involved wishes to avoid further confrontation with the law and is resigned to the fact that his little bird is now an X-parrot! Bereft of life, it languishes in an eternal slumber ( I’m adlibbing here) nailed to its perch soas to mimic life!
Oh, what terrible turn of events, especially since there are so many birds around here and not enough pet food! Not going to end well for your avian "friend" (are you asking for a "friend"?), I'm afraid. BUT...support isn't so bad! Be thankful you're playing in the U.S. market and not Tonga, where they probably weaponize sea creatures. If @helya is saying to contact support, then there is hope it will be resolved and your friend need not languish in defeat as a bird. Besides, one should make some noise squawking before going down. Worst case scenario, support says no and you're no better or worse than you are now. Best case, the account is recovered and you get to drop a "gift" on someone's windshield before ditching their new fellowship unannounced for swiping an account! :cool: