• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Elvenar 7th birthday gift

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
A fair treatment would be to grant players a prize that reflects their contribution here. Giving one building to everyone regardless of the time and effort they put into this game is cheap promotion, not fairness.

Okay, then no account started since the last birthday can have the present. Or anyone who does not log in every single day does not deserve it. Feel better now?

Tehya1

Because it is fair? The same gift is given to all players around the world and not everyone has 8 servers to one account. Several countries have only one or two servers. Should they get three or four of these per city just because greedy Americans want up to 8 of them, one per server?
How is it greedy to want one FREE bldg per city? LOL! If it is a one of kind bldg that can't be won or crafted, how does giving ONE per city deny anyone who has 1 or 8 cities anything?

Tehya1

I can see why inno doesn't give all cities event currency. their failure to distribute the one time email currency notwithstanding, I can see how it could cut into their bottom line if they gave one player an email for each city, but we are talking about a pixel bldg that has absolutely no monetary worth. You can't craft it, buy it with diamonds, or win it, so there is nothing that inno gains by limiting it to only one city per account, and there is nothing taken away from a player who only has one city when another player gets one for each of as many as 8 cities.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
People are lucky this stuff is even one per account, because you know if Inno could restrict it to one per customer by identifying all the players with multiple emails/cities per server, you know they would. Inno has always been stingy and that won't change now. But then, I have always thought is was a bad idea that Inno allows free diamonds to be shared between all cities on one account, as that just encourages people to make farming cities and find ways to cheat to get more diamonds for their main city.

Tehya1

if Inno could restrict it to one per customer by identifying all the players with multiple emails/cities per server, you know they would
But we are not talking about alts. I think Henroo, and I are talking about players who have ONE city on multiple servers, not many on one server. Inno encourages players to play on multiple worlds because that means more than one of everything, which means more than one set of artifacts to be crafted, more diamonds spent to cater the spire, etc.

But even if a player has multiple accounts on one server, again, what does it cost inno to give one BD bldg per city? Nothing.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
Thank you Elvenar! I have always just appreciated getting a gift every year! I think it is a very nice gesture to get something even if it is doubtful that it will be out in my city because of space.

I had 3 children and took them to an amusement park every summer. At the end of the day I would have 2 very happy, grateful children. I would also have one child who without fail would be upset wanting to do 1 more thing. Sure it would have been free on day passes but it was time to go.

That is what I see every year whenever Elvenar gives us a gift. It boggles my mind that there are always supposed adults acting like that 1 child who just didn't seem able to be happy with whatever was done for her because it was never enough.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
it's like lollipops at the bank. you may have just a checking acct, or you may have savings, mortgage, safety dep box, cds as well. does that mean you take 5 lollis?
I had forgotten getting lollipops as a kid at the bank till you said something. I wonder if banks still do this?

Ibison

People still go into banks? Why? I've had my account for 7-8 years and have never once been into a branch. Not even to open the account.

defiantoneks

People still go into banks? Why?
my people know me. they're nice. it's easier than passing stuff through the tube or window when i need to sign. and many times i am meeting with my $$$ guy to have a sit-down. not saying i do it on a weekly basis or anything. once every couple months maybe.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
my people know me. they're nice. it's easier than passing stuff through the tube or window when i need to sign. and many times i am meeting with my $$$ guy to have a sit-down. not saying i do it on a weekly basis or anything. once every couple months maybe.
It used to be a much more common thing before everything went digital. I think when I was a kid in the pre-digital age mom or dad did go into the bank on a weekly basis. I'm almost certain the tradition of giving kids lollipops at the bank was just a form of bribery to keep kids quiet while the parents did their bank business.

Deleted User - 3563161

People still go into banks? Why?
"Because that is where they keep the money" See suttons law on this Willie Sutton quote.

I actually do most things digitally, but I get my money from ATM so I can
buy local at mom and pop shops.
If I am ever in a bank, it is likely they messed up. lol.

StarLoad

so this being a US server, yet german game run by swedes...
what time ( usa mst )
And none of that matters as the only issue that matters is the time not who runs the game or servers. Learn to focus on the real issue involved.

BrinDarby said:
I dont know what time that is ( am/pm ), Heyla, ....... so ...
if its midnight EST ( so, MST +2 ) what time is it in CEST.

Do you not know how to convert time or use the internet to do so>>> SMH

Ed

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Lol I'm with Ed.
Does it really matter? Even if the time conversion was correct (and it may not be), the only events that start on time every time are tournament and Spire (despite the lengthy argument someone seemed to be having over Spire since the Springtime change). I cannot recall how very many times I have read Conqueror9 complaining about a late start, for events and Adventures (I share a chat circle with him on EN2).