• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

MOVING

fitress

Where is the option to allow or prevent a city move? I cannot find it ..... Please/thnx

Ihrlaen

I was looking for the info for someone who just got moved "involuntarily", but does that mean that even though I had previously opted not to move, that they could move me at any time?

In a word, yes.

As someone who previously had that selected as well, but can now see the encroaching desert (to the tune of sixty-plus explored mines), I cannot be moved soon enough.

Ihrlaen, Lady of the Southern Khelonar Hills and Barren Reaches.

Last edited:

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@fitress
When they corrected the software issue that had been hindering the auto move process and started the Great Migration (Nov 2021), there was a huge problem for the people who had the 'do not move' enabled: they were left behind. Support was flooded with tickets, and the maps were a mess. They removed the ability for players to opt out of moving...more migration...then only a few of the stranded players were left and were on the edges of the map. Since the map always has an edge and someone has to be there, those folks are moving towards the center as matching boost spots open up with the auto moves which appear to happen on Mondays now.

Edit to add: One of my cities was one of those with the 'do not move' enabled. I was swept up in that 2nd migration and happily landed in a neighborhood with more active cities than the one I had been in before.

fitress

@fitress
When they corrected the software issue that had been hindering the auto move process and started the Great Migration (Nov 2021), there was a huge problem for the people who had the 'do not move' enabled: they were left behind. Support was flooded with tickets, and the maps were a mess. They removed the ability for players to opt out of moving...more migration...then only a few of the stranded players were left and were on the edges of the map. Since the map always has an edge and someone has to be there, those folks are moving towards the center as matching boost spots open up with the auto moves which appear to happen on Mondays now.

Edit to add: One of my cities was one of those with the 'do not move' enabled. I was swept up in that 2nd migration and happily landed in a neighborhood with more active cities than the one I had been in before.
Thank you - it always helps to have a little "method to the madness" info.....