• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Ambassadors should not......

EyeScream

It has come to my attention today that anyone with the Ambassadors level has the ability to use and reset PERKS and also has the ability to open chests in the Fellowship Adventures. This MUST change.. Someone in our FS just decided to open the chest while we had been communicating in chat that we expected to grab the tricolors before we left Map 2. Unfortunately some people do not read and just go ahead and do. Only Mages and Archmages should have this ability.

Please fix this issue..

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I just had someone add to the perk levels, much to my annoyance. And yes, the flag pulling by ambassadors or even mages who have no authority is a long standing problem. This is precisely why many AMs put most people down to fellow just before the FA and then raise them again at the end. I can sympathize; it's happened to our group several times.

defiantoneks

there has to be some sort of setting, because i dont think I (as an ambassador) have any ability to reset or apply perks.
I do think the FA flags should be something that SHOULD have a setting but does not appear to.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Our standard for Ambassadors:
1. Active member of the FS for 6months
2. Accept title will be reset to Fellow for less than a week during the FA and will be reset to Ambassador after it ends.
Our standard for Mages:
1. Helpful member of the FS, showing good knowledge of game mechanics; willingness to answer other FS members' questions as well as willingness to lead.
2. Accept that Sami will crawl through cyberspace and come out of your device in fully armored Archer mode if you ignore our jointly made decisions about group strategy/directions and the results won't be pretty!
Our standard for the AM:
1. Have in-depth discussions with all leadership to make decisions on group strategy/directions.
2. Be willing to take the time to continue the discussions until everyone is on the same page.
3. Solicit input from the general membership on preferred strategy/direction.
4. Present all group strategy/directions to general membership; use 'we' and 'us' language as opposed to 'I' and 'you' language.
5. Keep abreast of upcoming changes in all game mechanics to keep leadership/members up to date on game progression.

Darielle

there has to be some sort of setting, because i dont think I (as an ambassador) have any ability to reset or apply perks.
I do think the FA flags should be something that SHOULD have a setting but does not appear to.
You wouldn't have the ability to reset perks whether you were an ambassador or a mage. Only the AM can do that. But I'm not sure if you have the ability to add perk levels or not. I know the mages do, and it was a mage who annoyed me by spending the points on a new level.

Lady Dastardly

Mages can add perk levels, spend archived tourney & spire points and pull the FA flags, but they cannot reset the perks
Ambassadors cannot add perk levels or spend archived points, but they CAN pull the FA flags
We communicate very clearly that all ambassadors (and even some mages) will be set to fellows for the duration of the FA solely to prevent accidental premature pulling of the flag and that their rank will be restored as soon as it's over.

I am an ambassador but I stay away from the flags in the FA. I understand that I am not supposed to touch that. I also think this is a Fellowship responsibility. I cannot change perks. I am in 2 Fellowships as Ambassadors and 1 AM did not change me to a fellow but I knew not to touch the flag I stood back from it so it would not be pulled accidentally.
Best if changed to Fellow by AM and changed back. If we ask the game to have settings who will set them back? Hopefully reminders will continue to help.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
Best if changed to Fellow by AM and changed back.
Before it was standard policy for us to put everyone but Mages as a Fellow during FA's: I had Ambassadors asking if it was ok if they went back to Fellow for the duration of the FA, lol! They fully understood the situation, but were stressed about possibly taking the flag by accident. This became even more of an issue for some of us *cough*older, fat fingered, can't find my glasses*cough players when we started trying to use the mobile app. No one should stress in a game, lol! Most of us play games to relax! So, everyone except leadership plays FA's as a Fellow.

Darielle

I am an ambassador but I stay away from the flags in the FA. I understand that I am not supposed to touch that. I also think this is a Fellowship responsibility. I cannot change perks. I am in 2 Fellowships as Ambassadors and 1 AM did not change me to a fellow but I knew not to touch the flag I stood back from it so it would not be pulled accidentally.
Best if changed to Fellow by AM and changed back. If we ask the game to have settings who will set them back? Hopefully reminders will continue to help.
It's amazing how few responsible adults there are in the world. You are one of them. I've seen too many people pull flags and then blame everyone else but themselves. One person blamed his cat for jumping on the computer. Another blamed his son who was playing for him. Another just said, "Oooh did I do that?" (They had a score of about 400K). Now I always think that most people should be reduced to fellow during the FA. But they will resent it if they aren't returned to their former status right after the FA, so the FA mage has to remember all that. A list helps.

Sir Buzz

At the start of an FA we drop everyone to Fellow except a couple of senior folk.
Most of our members don't know how perks work. We also make 11chests in tourney almost every week so the need to use perks isn't that pressing. And as Archmage I alot where perks go asap.

There are interesting replies here since I wrote about the FA and flags. I understand about being nervous that you could accidentally pull a flag.
I do think the idea of staying as a fellow is a good idea. I am an older {age} player, and at any age, it is too easy to just get right near the flag. Seriously, I don't know what I can do now that I did as a fellow. I always helped new players and can do more with trades since I have grown in the game. To me, it is just a title. Stress none of us need! However, I am sure some people would not like to lose the title. If it is that important to anyone then with a reminder they should stay away from the flag! Is there some way a reminder by the flags could be added to the game? That would help everyone. If not, well sounds cruel but players who go against the rules made {do not pull the flag} should be sent back to a fellow.
Of course, taking the player's overall attitude, etc. in mind. Accidents do happen but if a Fellowship member all around accidentally pulled it, then I would bet they are already feeling very bad for doing it. No real answer. just best judgment and stress free!!!

Glenndar

I drop everyone down to fellow for the FA. I found that people are very eager to pull that flag and the first FA we played someone pulled the flag and then kept badgering me to choose a path even though, because of time difference, I was asleep. Woke up to flag pulled and people putting items on the map where they pleased. From then on everyone gets put to fellow for FA.
One thing I like doing is I choose who will pull the flag. Chapter level and rank doesn't matter. It's a different person for each flag. I find that my members like that. It seems everyone thinks it's an honor to pull the flag and claim the prize, especially the newbies. They're always shocked when I change their rank to ambassador so they can pull the flag and claim the prize.

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
It has come to my attention today that anyone with the Ambassadors level has the ability to use and reset PERKS and also has the ability to open chests in the Fellowship Adventures. This MUST change.. Someone in our FS just decided to open the chest while we had been communicating in chat that we expected to grab the tricolors before we left Map 2. Unfortunately some people do not read and just go ahead and do. Only Mages and Archmages should have this ability.

Please fix this issue..
Check in Ideas and Suggestions … There’s a thread that was voted on and forwarded to Inno. Titled Fix Fellowship Perks ….

Smooper

I will chime in...just because. In my very first FA as a new player I pulled the flag. Didn't even know I did it. It is certainly not very clear what you are doing. After that I stayed the .... away from it. Then, when I became AM, we had people who accidently pulled it. Next FA, I turned everyone to fellows. Some people didn't like it and got a bit belligerent but it worked. Then I had a "come to Jesus" meeting about it with everyone and all ranks were retained and it hasn't ever happened again. Some people put their badges in the wrong waypoints but it isn't a huge issue. We aren't really trying for rank since the prizes in the top 100 are miniscule for where we might end up if we push. FA is mostly chill now.

Deleted User - 849994935

You can't pull it accidentally. There's a confirmation screen asking if you're sure u want to collect rewards.

Deleted User - 849994935

I will chime in...just because. In my very first FA as a new player I pulled the flag. Didn't even know I did it. It is certainly not very clear what you are doing. After that I stayed the .... away from it. Then, when I became AM, we had people who accidently pulled it. Next FA, I turned everyone to fellows. Some people didn't like it and got a bit belligerent but it worked. Then I had a "come to Jesus" meeting about it with everyone and all ranks were retained and it hasn't ever happened again. Some people put their badges in the wrong waypoints but it isn't a huge issue. We aren't really trying for rank since the prizes in the top 100 are miniscule for where we might end up if we push. FA is mostly chill now.
How do you accidentally accept the prizes when you have to open the chest then hit the big green accept button?
Screenshot_20220325-210538_Elvenar.jpg