• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

FA Ghosts on the weekend.

Rocce Sqirl

This seems silly to the max. To make a Ghost in a Bottle requires solving four Spire and/or Tournament Encounters. It is Saturday evening as I write this. the Spire ended Yesterday (Friday) and won't resume until late Sunday. The Tournament ended this afternoon and we won't see it again until Tuesday. This makes almost a full calendar day when it is factually impossible to manufacture a Ghost. Right now my FA needs just nine more to complete a waypoint.
Suggestion, based on the fact Inno already makes some accommodations during the FA (It takes little more than an hour to make 5 troops in the Barracks/Training Grounds/Mercenary Camp instead of the usual three-plus hours) -- End the Spire and Tournament as usual but begin the next immediately, only during the FA week. The next one also ends at its usual time (which will be after the FA ends). Other than a little extra time, no other changes to Spire or Tournament (each has a finite number of possible encounters). The purpose simply to make one of the badge demands actually possible to accomplish at all times during the week of the FA.

Lady Dastardly

This is one of those things that you learn to prepare for. I've sounded like a broken record for the past week, banging on about the importance of spire and tourney, offering trades, and even giving out KP rewards as an incentive for members to push themselves. If you know your FS is going to struggle with ghosts, it also pays to look closely at the Stage 3 map and avoid the orange waypoint that swallows up 84 of them.

Rocce Sqirl

for this reason, everyone in our FS knows to hit the tourney HARD during a FA.
I actually saved all my rounds to start on thursday. with the help of a Timewarp i still completed 6 rounds out to 23 provinces and 2-3 rounds on 9 more provinces. you just have to plan for the gap.
Oh, I thoroughly agree. I went deep in both tourney and spire this time round. That doesn't change the idiocy of requiring the impossible. And if Inno will make getting Guards easier (it was possible originally, they just made it easier; one wonders why?), then why not make another badge at least possible instead of having this bogus 24-hour dead space in the middle of something that only lasts a week?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Oh, I thoroughly agree. I went deep in both tourney and spire this time round. That doesn't change the idiocy of requiring the impossible. And if Inno will make getting Guards easier (it was possible originally, they just made it easier; one wonders why?), then why not make another badge at least possible instead of having this bogus 24-hour dead space in the middle of something that only lasts a week?
I wasn't aware they made the guards easier. If someone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I wasn't aware they made the guards easier. If someone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

A couple of small adjustments were made with the last FA when the collection of badges was made easier, but I don't remember any change in the amount of troops per guard badge. The necklace, ghost and wonder badge amounts were increased and the coin badge amounts may have increased too, but I think that was it. I would have to dig through the Beta forum FA thread to make sure that was all.

Last edited:

Rocce Sqirl

Normally to make a set of five troops in the three military installations takes about three hours. During the FA it takes a shade over one hour.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Normally to make a set of five troops in the three military installations takes about three hours. During the FA it takes a shade over one hour.

Then you must have upgraded some buildings since the last FA to speed things up because my squads are taking the same amount of time before, during, or after. And if you did not upgrade, did you teleport any armories? Those increase your squad size, which means longer time to make squads, so removing armories speeds up your slots.

Rocce Sqirl

Then you must have upgraded some buildings since the last FA to speed things up because my squads are taking the same amount of time before, during, or after. And if you did not upgrade, did you teleport any armories? Those increase your squad size, which means longer time to make squads, so removing armories speeds up your slots.
I did not know that, and yes I did. That explains that. Thank you.
Doesn't change my argument that it is just stupid to require the impossible. Maybe we should ditch Ghosts and bring back Bakers. Or something that can be done every day during the FA.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
The guard badges require 4x your Squad Size as it appears on the Army Camp tab (on browser; unsure of mobile) as of this FA structure first released live March 2022. This was changed from the 3x SS required in the previous structure that launched in November 2020 and was used in all FA's from Nov 20 until the one in Mar 22. This structure also requires 148 more guard badges in the waypoints for the paths than that previous structure. This was presumably to account for the ease of badge collection now.
Doesn't change the fact that hundreds of guard badges will disappear into the ether unused at the end of the FA. Between 3 training bldgs (now with separate training queues), passive troop production by AW's and troops produced by crafted/event/evolving bldgs it's no wonder they're so easy to produce, lol!
I get the point of there being badges required that are not able to be made during certain times the FA is running. It's going to be a hard sell to get them to change the ghost badges requirement, though. The length of time that they cannot be made is less than 24hrs. Two of the other badges (necklaces and blacksmiths) take 24hrs and one (statues) takes 48hrs. The argument could be made that there are other limiting factors for the ghost badge (one player can get a max of 36 ghost badges from the Spire, for ex). Also, small cities/small city FS's will be at a distinct disadvantage as the number of possible tourney provinces is limited as well.
Still, I think the ghost badge is there as it is precisely to provide some limiting factor on how far 'out there' players can go to amass those badges without spending diamonds.
You can use (and pre-set) lvl 1 bldgs, put in farms for the long term workshop and factory badges. You can run all CC production in the MA for days before the FA starts to front-load Staffs; you can do the same for Witch Hats. But, you can't make the Spire or tourney have more encounters available, front-load any at all, or build lvl 1 farms of anything that will help with Ghosts.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
The guard badges require 4x your Squad Size as it appears on the Army Camp tab.

Right, 4X your world map squad size, not your production size in the troop buildings. My squad size is 7674, so my Guard badge asks for 30,696 troops. My actual production size per slot is 14,169, or just over two slots to make one badge. Plus, all the event buildings that give free troops, and the Wonders that give free troops, all have their production count for the Guard badge too, so they are easy to make for someone with an advanced fighting city.