• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spire Prizes

Jabawill2

I used to love the Spire! It was fun, challenging, had lots of great prizes (like Magic Residences) and while hard, it was doable. Now all I ever get are spell fragments and time instants. The fights are tough even at the beginning. It isn't fun any more. Please go back to the "old way".

Zoof

Spire hasn't changed at all in recent memory (aside from the every-six-weeks artifact rotations and the (re)addition of sips to the third minboss on the third floor). It's also pretty typical for complaints of this nature to come in during the magic dust tourney (At least, that's what the last guy said a while back the last time someone complained about this). idk why that is.

Also, not quire sure what kinda show you're running in your city but in mine, there's never enough spell frags to go around and time boosters are quite nifty to have as instant troops. Also, not sure how you're able to get by without any troop boosters. Are you crafting those in your MA every time they come up? I'm also not seeing Dwarven Bulwark nor Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms in your city; how are you keeping the barracks / mercenary camps / training grounds filled?

Nerwa

I used to love the Spire! It was fun, challenging, had lots of great prizes (like Magic Residences) and while hard, it was doable. Now all I ever get are spell fragments and time instants. The fights are tough even at the beginning. It isn't fun any more. Please go back to the "old way".
The difficulty of Spire depends on how advanced your city is; there's an algorithm that looks at your ranking & stuff. I forget which things directly effect the Spire but there are older discussions here on the forum that go into that.

Prizes are based on luck. If you've had a run of "good" luck (got stuff that you like/can use) then hit a bad run - that can be especially painful. But it happens. (I'm still grumbling that I went from getting all 9 Moon Bear artifacts - which I didn't care about - to only getting 3 Witch Hut artifacts - which I really wanted!)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I have a much easier time running up the spire in my Halflings city than I do in my Traders of Unur city. I have less stuff to help me in Halflings, too ... no fighting wonders, no brown bear, etc. In the higher level city, I have those things but dang it still is 3x harder.

Zoof

The difficulty of Spire depends on how advanced your city is; there's an algorithm that looks at your ranking & stuff. I forget which things directly effect the Spire but there are older discussions here on the forum that go into that.
If nothing has changed from the last definitive post that I saw on the topic, the cost in Spire (as well as Tourney) is some constant multiplied by a formula involving:
1. Number of mandatory technologies researched (involved in an exponential function)
2. Number of expansions deployed, with premium expansions contributing less towards costs (by a multiplier)
3. Total number of AW levels (also by a multiplier)
4. The highest relic boost you have (also a multiplier) (There was talk about finding out if Mountain Halls contributes to this, but no data was forthcoming) (Usually ignored as a thing a player can control)
5. The # of the particular encounter you've run into in Spire.

The relevant details are in this post. I don't know if any further studies on this topic has happened since then.
The one takeaway from it and the supporting post found here is that the number of expansions you have starts off as the single most important factor in controllable costs, aside from the very obvious (and very undesirable) case of simply not doing the event. I feel dirty just saying that last bit.

EDIT: I keep referring to those same two posts whenever this topic comes up, and I half expect someone at least once to tell me off about misinformation and point me to something more recent. I really hope this happens. I don't want to believe that the formula hasn't been changed for about two years at this point.