• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A new game idea

Matthias4433

so about the moonstone librarys, many people have multiple and good for them , im one of them who took advantage of that back in the day , but its unfair for newer people , i mean at least put it out again so ppl can have at least 2 this is just my opinion, and i think many should agree with me , getting enough cc's and spell fragments is hard enough for newer players, please reconsider, also a maybe unique event that does something weird, that gives spell fragments , teleports, petfood and perhaps inspiring meditations, and a green orb cc, you could make the building give it once every 4 days so its not over powered, , just a suggestion, hopefully that those agree will upvote this post share this post, we are the customers
May be an image of text that says 'THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO ELVENAR'

1 Comment

Comment

Send

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
will upvote this post share this post, we are the customers
There is a process in this Ideas/Suggestions sub-forum for getting suggestions in front of the devs. It's here: Read Before Posting.
Unless and until that process is followed, this may be an interesting topic of discussion, but that's all it is. We're all just a bunch of players talking amongst ourselves here. Since the only polls that count are the ones set up by the CM after an idea has been shepherded through the discussion phase and polished for presentation, the only votes you are likely to get with this poster initiated poll are from other posters who don't read that sticky before posting either.
It has been suggested in the past that we post these ideas in the General Discussion part of the forum when we're at that early point where it would be helpful to see if there is general support for the idea among forum participants. It also enables input on factors that may not have been considered that could be impacted by the changes proposed. That generally helps tighten up the idea a bit and it can then be taken to the Ideas/Suggestions section and further polished for presentation before the official vote.

Matthias4433

There is a process in this Ideas/Suggestions sub-forum for getting suggestions in front of the devs. It's here: Read Before Posting.
Unless and until that process is followed, this may be an interesting topic of discussion, but that's all it is. We're all just a bunch of players talking amongst ourselves here. Since the only polls that count are the ones set up by the CM after an idea has been shepherded through the discussion phase and polished for presentation, the only votes you are likely to get with this poster initiated poll are from other posters who don't read that sticky before posting either.
It has been suggested in the past that we post these ideas in the General Discussion part of the forum when we're at that early point where it would be helpful to see if there is general support for the idea among forum participants. It also enables input on factors that may not have been considered that could be impacted by the changes proposed. That generally helps tighten up the idea a bit and it can then be taken to the Ideas/Suggestions section and further polished for presentation before the official vote.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I don't have the time to follow an idea/suggestion through the process.
If you read the sticky, it explains the entire process, provides direction on the type of information that needs to be included and has examples of ideas that CM's are not allowed to forward to the devs (for a variety of reasons).
There's no exact format, but you do have to address the pros and cons of any idea including other parts of the game that may be collaterally affected by the idea.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
For the record, I do have large Moonstone farms in both cities and I love them. My problem is how do you define "fairness" in an open-ended game with no concrete objectives? It's a vague target that is very difficult to hit and completely subjective. Some people want to be #1 on the charts for everything there are charts for, while others just like pretty buildings. Some want to race through all the chapters while others are content living in chapter 5 forever. If competition is your thing, you can be a chap 19 city competing against a fresh chap 1 city in the same rankings so how is that ever fair to begin with? And now, even depending on when you started the game, two cities in the same chapter might not even have the same tech tree! You can play the game while completely ignoring fellowships, Spire, tournaments, magic academy, events, and fellowship adventures. So where and how do you draw the line on fairness? How is 2 Moonstone sets any more fair than 1 set compared to someone who has 8 sets or whatever?

I do think they are making good changes on this front in terms of letting new players get buildings from the past, but parity and fairness will never be reached in an open-ended game. For example, I started after the original Phoenix event. For awhile, if you missed an event, that was that. No Fire Phoenix for you (imagine trying to compete in tourneys without one). Then they started letting you craft bases for evolve buildings from events you missed. Hooray for useless lvl 1 bases you can't ever evolve! Then they started putting artifacts in the Spire, and then Magic Academy too. And now they introduced Tomes that lets you pick artifacts or buildings from past events too. On the CC front, there are now 2 different sets (Pilgrim and Forbidden Ruins) that give CCs. You can win more Tomes to add to more than one set (the upcoming FA supposedly will give a Tome that lets you pick out a Forbidden Ruins building). So if you missed the chance at multiple Moonstone sets and care about CCs, this is the pursuit you should be prioritizing then. I'm now acquiring 3 more CCs from the sets, 2 from Pilgrim's Manor (shoutout to @Ihrlaen for the assist!) and 1 from Forbidden Ruins set, on top of my Moonstones. Moonstones were won in the past via effort in the Spire, but nobody was forced to climb it. Making us work to acquire more Forbidden Ruin and Pilgrim pieces to gain more CCs daily is very similar to how Moonstone used to be acquired. People who want the CCs are making conscious efforts to attain more pieces while others may not put together the importance of CC to put themselves in position to win more. For example, if you know you can win another piece in the upcoming FA and you really want it, but are currently playing in a casual FS that can't finish all 3 paths in the FA, well that player has some in-game decisions to make, starting with deciding if they're in the right-fitting fellowship. They have free will to make whatever decision they want between now and the start of FA. If they choose NOT to act, well, that's fine, but some of us will work towards getting a 4th CC from Pilgrim/Forbidden Ruin sets and the gap between the haves and have nots continue to widen.

Matthias4433

For the record, I do have large Moonstone farms in both cities and I love them. My problem is how do you define "fairness" in an open-ended game with no concrete objectives? It's a vague target that is very difficult to hit and completely subjective. Some people want to be #1 on the charts for everything there are charts for, while others just like pretty buildings. Some want to race through all the chapters while others are content living in chapter 5 forever. If competition is your thing, you can be a chap 19 city competing against a fresh chap 1 city in the same rankings so how is that ever fair to begin with? And now, even depending on when you started the game, two cities in the same chapter might not even have the same tech tree! You can play the game while completely ignoring fellowships, Spire, tournaments, magic academy, events, and fellowship adventures. So where and how do you draw the line on fairness? How is 2 Moonstone sets any more fair than 1 set compared to someone who has 8 sets or whatever?

I do think they are making good changes on this front in terms of letting new players get buildings from the past, but parity and fairness will never be reached in an open-ended game. For example, I started after the original Phoenix event. For awhile, if you missed an event, that was that. No Fire Phoenix for you (imagine trying to compete in tourneys without one). Then they started letting you craft bases for evolve buildings from events you missed. Hooray for useless lvl 1 bases you can't ever evolve! Then they started putting artifacts in the Spire, and then Magic Academy too. And now they introduced Tomes that lets you pick artifacts or buildings from past events too. On the CC front, there are now 2 different sets (Pilgrim and Forbidden Ruins) that give CCs. You can win more Tomes to add to more than one set (the upcoming FA supposedly will give a Tome that lets you pick out a Forbidden Ruins building). So if you missed the chance at multiple Moonstone sets and care about CCs, this is the pursuit you should be prioritizing then. I'm now acquiring 3 more CCs from the sets, 2 from Pilgrim's Manor (shoutout to @Ihrlaen for the assist!) and 1 from Forbidden Ruins set, on top of my Moonstones. Moonstones were won in the past via effort in the Spire, but nobody was forced to climb it. Making us work to acquire more Forbidden Ruin and Pilgrim pieces to gain more CCs daily is very similar to how Moonstone used to be acquired. People who want the CCs are making conscious efforts to attain more pieces while others may not put together the importance of CC to put themselves in position to win more. For example, if you know you can win another piece in the upcoming FA and you really want it, but are currently playing in a casual FS that can't finish all 3 paths in the FA, well that player has some in-game decisions to make, starting with deciding if they're in the right-fitting fellowship. They have free will to make whatever decision they want between now and the start of FA. If they choose NOT to act, well, that's fine, but some of us will work towards getting a 4th CC from Pilgrim/Forbidden Ruin sets and the gap between the haves and have nots continue to widen.
as do i brother i have alot as well , im not advocating for them to be taken away but bring them back for new players to at least get the chance to have 2 or 3