• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

I’m curious

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
If you can stop at one rum ball, you are either amazingly strong willed or they aren't very good. Try making them with Kahula instead of rum.... nothing better than coffee and chocolate, with coconut flakes on top. Dang, time to search for the ingredients...lol

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
If you can stop at one rum ball, you are either amazingly strong willed or they aren't very good. Try making them with Kahula instead of rum.... nothing better than coffee and chocolate, with coconut flakes on top. Dang, time to search for the ingredients...lol
I don’t like rum, coffee, chocolate, or coconuts, but I think I’ve lost my right to talk flavor combos.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Astram there are salty goodness bakes out there... like peanuts and pumpkin... peanut butter cookies (I don't add any sugar because the peanut butter has enough with pumpkin custard dip, again cut the sugar down to half or less the recommended amount, add some extra ginger for heat and bake. When its done and fluffy, cool, add some whipped heavy cream (make it yourself with no sugar, you just want to aerate the cream for fluffiness) mix and with the saltiness of the peanut butter, it is a lovely dessert without the sweetness. The additional ginger really does add a kick of heat, so you need to be judicious with your adding, And the added bonus is that there is no alcohol involved. So pair it with a delicious cup of cold or hot chai and your on your way to heaven.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@crackie I am amazed at the number of people who don't like what I consider a staple part of the diet. However, I am influenced by my love of comfort foods. I like hearing other peoples take on flavor combo's otherwise I would have never tried half the foods I have. It is amazing what you can add to ramen... LOL and it doesn't taste like the 50 cent packet anymore.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I like meatloaf. I have a mix that I use, takes a little prep and I usually make it with Asparagus in the same pan and Mashed tater's are the BEST. I can eat those alone with butter salt and a bunch of pepp. And I have to say, I haven't had a good piece of country fried steak since I was in Atlanta for a CDC conference. I haven't found a place up here in yankee land that can make really good southern country food.

Alram

Flippers just flip
I like meatloaf. I have a mix that I use, takes a little prep and I usually make it with Asparagus in the same pan and Mashed tater's are the BEST. I can eat those alone with butter salt and a bunch of pepp. And I have to say, I haven't had a good piece of country fried steak since I was in Atlanta for a CDC conference. I haven't found a place up here in yankee land that can make really good southern country food.
I don't trust your ability to judge chicken fried steak since you think asparagus goes in meatloaf. :D

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
hahahahaha, it's amazing tho. Especially if you use hamburger with fat in it. The fat, of course melts during the bake and then that fat fries the asparagus. It's better than you think. Unless you are an asparagus hater and then I would leave it out...lololol

Zoof

Meatloaf and mashed potatoes dinner = Comfort food, just saying
Country fried steak and Eggs = Comfort Breakfast
I know I've said earlier that it really doesn't matter what's for eating at the given time, but your comment evoked an old memory about how I used to love nomming flakey layer biscuits swimming in country sausage gravy. Nothing else was needed. Just those two things. And I'd try to get it no matter the time of day

I nearly shed a tear in sorrow as to how I managed to forget something so lovely. Sad Zoof was sad, but now is just hungry. Next paycheck goes towards reliving those memories. And attempting @crackie 's terri(fying|ble) idea for a dessert. In time for the holiday in which crazy people celebrate their country's birthday by blowing up a piece of it