• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 1-5 Adjustments

Maeryn

Yep but there were also many quests for relics. Under the new changes players below ch 4 can't get relics from tourneys and crafting doesn't unlock until mid ch 3 (not that little cities will have many relics to use in the MA)
I think it’s been stated more than once that Inno doesn’t believe that the first event someone does that they can complete the quest line. It was totally possible if you were determined to complete under the old tech tree this one will have an early stopping point if crafting isn’t unlocked.

Mauwalker

I started a city on Beta to see this for myself.

I can kind of see having players complete the first chapter before joining a Fellowship. But the further requirement to research Fellowship Adventures, which you can't do immediately after researching Fellowship, seems over the top. I cannot come up with any rationale for it other than slowing down progression.

Blocking beginning players from performing Neighborly Help until it's researched halfway through chapter 1 - unnecessary, IMHO.

The MA unlocks at the end of Chapter I, but crafting isn't available until halfway through chapter III. Again, a slowdown. Players will be limited in the relics they can collect, so they won't be wanting to spend a lot of them on PoP or the NH bonus. EE doesn't become available until after crafting does. Further, without the spire to gain fragments, crafting is ... less than useful.

AWs don't become available until chapter IV. I don't understand this one at all, because the initial AWs are not game-breaking overpowerful. Also, unless quest / event rewards are also tweaked, a player's inventory will be stuffed with Ancient Knowledge instants by the time they reach this point - so they will build their AW and immediately be able to upgrade it to level 2. Silly!

Tournaments, as already mentioned, not available until chapter IV. This is problematic. A player joins a fellowship in chapter II, but can't really contribute to it until this point other than FAs. Tournaments are also huge source of relics, which leads me to wonder if the idea was to put a check on goods production up until this point by restricting access to relics.

And the spire is not only pushed off to chapter V, but now also requires an additional 50 kp to open up rather than becoming available after opening Advance Scouts.

In summation, the goal appears to be to slow down progression through the early game (first four chapters). I suppose the rationale is that it will keep players interested, but I believe they have gone too far with it. I think new players will get frustrated and rage-quit.

StarLoad

Just wondering out loud here, but could one of the intents be to push new players to ch 5/6 so that the ability to camp and harvest in the spire and or tourney in chapter 3/4 is eliminated?

Ed

Maeryn

The slow down doesn’t come until chapter 5, when having the same amounts of goods as you would in chapter 3 on the old tech tree becomes problematic.

@ed1960 I negotiate far more than I fight, this new tech tree in my opinion is designed to eliminate my play style and have everyone building a fighting city from the get go.

Deleted User - 849994935

Just wondering out loud here, but could one of the intents be to push new players to ch 5/6 so that the ability to camp and harvest in the spire and or tourney in chapter 3/4 is eliminated?

Ed
Nope. The intention, imo, is to sift payers from players. My newest cities are getting a ton of premium offers from starter packs with houses, ws, troops instants etc through to diamond discounts.

StarLoad

Nope. The intention, imo, is to sift payers from players. My newest cities are getting a ton of premium offers from starter packs with houses, ws, troops instants etc through to diamond discounts.
Oh really, and you have proof of this?

Ed

Deleted User - 849994935

Oh really, and you have proof of this?

Ed
I have screenshots of the offers but ur prolly meaning proof of my opinion of their motives right?
It's just an opinion dude. Ur free to disagree but given their revenue from this game has dropped in recent months I figure the timing coupled with streamlining access to my wallet makes it a fairly safe assumption.

StarLoad

My newest cities are getting a ton of premium offers from starter packs with houses, ws, troops instants etc through to diamond discounts.
Standard offer for selected new cities and has been for years.
Ur free to disagree but given their revenue from this game has dropped in recent months I figure the timing coupled with streamlining access to my wallet makes it a fairly safe assumption
And recent months? does that include the lead time for the developers to make this and Beta to test this? Really you are reaching for straws.
IMO
The intention, imo, is to sift payers from players
UMM, I think INNO knows who pays and who does not, but hey I can't be positive on that, I don't work for INNO.

Ed

Last edited:

Deleted User - 849994935

Standard offer for selected new cities and has been for years.

And recent months? does that include the lead time for the developers to make this and Beta to test this? Really you are reaching for straws.
IMO

UMM, I think INNO knows who pays and who does not, but hey I can't be positive on that, I don't work for INNO.

Ed
I've played for years, have built lots of cities but have never been offered a pack that included MR, MW, troops, timers, coin/supply instants & premium culture buildings.

As far as lead in time, they had plenty. Check out idavis' vid on Inno financials.

Sorting the payers from the players isn't about knowing which is which. It's about making it harder for free players to progress or, more accurately, making it easier for paying players to stick at it.

Last edited by a moderator:

StarLoad

And I have played since 2017 and have built many cities and been offered starter packs including MR, MR, Troop,and Timer instants and Expansion packs. All that mean is you were not as lucky as I was and nothing more. Every event they offer specials and discounts, including Diamond bonuses.

Ed

Deleted User - 849994935

And I have played since 2017 and have built many cities and been offered starter packs including MR, MR, Troop,and Timer instants and Expansion packs. All that mean is you were not as lucky as I was and nothing more. Every event they offer specials and discounts, including Diamond bonuses.

Ed
Interestingly I've been offered the packs in every new city I've built and none of the old ones.
Take from that wat u will. Having built both I see no advantage to the new tech tree. I'm totally cool with them doing it for financial reasons but it's trashed the games for those not willing to pay.

StarLoad

I've played for years, have built lots of cities but have never been offered a pack that included MR, MW, troops, timers, coin/supply instants & premium culture buildings.
Interestingly I've been offered the packs in every new city I've built and none of the old ones.
You are inconsistent in your argument, which statement is the truth? Never mind, it does not matter, you don't like the new tech tree, that is fine as you are entitled to your opinion on that. There is no point going on discussing this with you now.

You should be careful if you do that often on here you will bring the wrath of @ajqtrz upon you for your failed logic.

Ed

Mirai

W/out tournaments & spire new cities won't be able to complete event quests. I'm guessing the idea is to "encourage" new players to buy event currency instead of earning it.

Edit: I just built the MA and upgraded it to level 3 but I can't craft anything. I can only produce PoP & EE enchantments.
I started a new city in beta last week to try out these new changes; and I have to tell you I hate not being able to play Tourneys by end of Chapter 2.

A person likes to be of use to their fellowship, and there's so much fiddling around before that can happen, and I hate being in limbo for too long while building up my city.

I also note, that even without being able to play either tourney or spire, I would be able to play a Fellowship Adventure, and see that I'm slated to be able to play in the event starting in a couple of days.

Giving it a good college try...

Deleted User - 849994935

You are inconsistent in your argument, which statement is the truth? Never mind, it does not matter, you don't like the new tech tree, that is fine as you are entitled to your opinion on that. There is no point going on discussing this with you now.

You should be careful if you do that often on here you will bring the wrath of @ajqtrz upon you for your failed logic.

Ed
I'm sorry for not explaining carefully enuff for u.

Context is everything. In the first quote I was saying I'd never been offered the special packs in all the cities I had built under the old system even though I'd been playing for years.

I hope that helps.

CrazyWizard

Oh Wise One
@Quixotique i do agree with you on the new chapters 1-5 being boring there’s really nothing to keep interest in the game with tournaments and spire coming much later. I have skipped the barracks upgrade after getting it to level 4 simply to control space and I cater all my provinces anyway so it’s not need at the moment.

Your relics are only come from provinces or from the MA if you want to waste resources before unlocking the spire. As always tournaments rewards are given only to those you participated in it.
It doesnt come mucht later.

The chapters are much more condensed, which means you fly trough the first few chapters.

the new chaptter 5 is finished in about the time it took you to chapter 3 before.

Deleted User - 849994935

It doesnt come mucht later.

The chapters are much more condensed, which means you fly trough the first few chapters.

the new chaptter 5 is finished in about the time it took you to chapter 3 before.
That hasn't been my experience. Do u have a city under the new system?