• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Be Carefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
Sadly if the arch had kept the fellowship and rejoined people they could have submitted a ticket to try and get your original name back. Perks would have remained intact. I am aware of the name "steal" thing happening and support solving it in the past.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Sadly if the arch had kept the fellowship and rejoined people they could have submitted a ticket to try and get your original name back. Perks would have remained intact. I am aware of the name "steal" thing happening and support solving it in the past.

Which is why I still think the AM was behind all of this. Why give all that up and join the brand-new fellowship that "stole" your name?

@BrinDarby while you can't give out names here, in case the AM is at fault and not a victim, since you know the names, what rank does the old AM have in this new fellowship? Are they magically now the new AM of that fellowship too?

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
I'm late to this and just skimmed the three pages so forgive any repeats

1st Lesson learned on open joining
2nd I agree it would have taken mage to help the new guy pull this off
3rd I think someone else mentioned that if the AM had just invited everyone back to the old fs there would have been no ill consequences with perks and stuff. ( another lesson learned)
4th even if you couldn't see notification times, the culprit would have been the last to leave.

My guess. Someone, or ones, wanted to overthrow the old AM and decided this was a way to do it.

Kadhrin

Lesson the 5th: You need to be able to trust the people you appoint as mages. Don't make anyone a mage if you don't trust them to not (a) boot a bunch of players, and (b) let their friends in.

StarLoad

I'm late to this and just skimmed the three pages so forgive any repeats

1st Lesson learned on open joining
2nd I agree it would have taken mage to help the new guy pull this off
3rd I think someone else mentioned that if the AM had just invited everyone back to the old fs there would have been no ill consequences with perks and stuff. ( another lesson learned)
4th even if you couldn't see notification times, the culprit would have been the last to leave.

My guess. Someone, or ones, wanted to overthrow the old AM and decided this was a way to do it.
Hey Mucks, you are making an assumption that Brin had facts, and he admits he only has hearsay and since only INNO knows what happened and when. but the AM joins the new FS with the same name as old one looks more like a flush of the old and start a new. Just my opinion

Ed

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I was just trying to check to see whether we are by invitation only, and I can't see a place to edit that. Where do you switch your preferences from open entry or by invite only in the fellowship?

BrinDarby

So you named and shamed on hearsay and you cant even be sure what happened, who did it or how it was done. For all you know the AM just tossed everyone and went away.

Nice move brin and I am glad your post was edited for content, cause that wasn't cool. I stayed quiet on this but not after reading your reply.
while you can't give out names here, in case the AM is at fault and not a victim, since you know the names, what rank does the old AM have in this new fellowship? Are they magically now the new AM of that fellowship too?
I'll start with Ed1960 ,
Ed, Just for you I took a 6th and 7th look :
I was the 2nd to last to be booted, other than the person and the AM.
This is corroborated by the logs. There are only 2 ppl that didn't come
back.... The person I listed, and the only logical person whom made them
a mage. ( not the AM ) I ask'd the person below me and they confirmed
they were booted after me, leaving 1 person and the AM.

Enevhar,
When I rejoined the old AM hadn't yet. Another player had started a new
FS with old name, since the old FS was gone. Remember this is like 2hrs
before SPire opened, and the daily task was encounters, so it was important
to get a FS inplace and get ppl in -before- Spire started...... So I'm guessing
thats why some haste was made.....

Look, I didn't start this thread to moan/complain.... it was a warning to all
what can happen with auto-join enabled. I also wanted to warn ppl, of an
unscrupulus player.... I already posted we have moved on, myself included,
seems it's turned into drama somehow.

I don't understand how privacy laws prohibit player A from learning -Whom-
booted them from a FS, or from finding out what happened in thier own FS.
Anywho, I already considered this a done deal, and maybee we all can too.

Ed1960, your comment was soo offbase as usual, but thats what you're good @.

StarLoad

Ed, Just for you I took a 6th and 7th look :
I was the 2nd to last to be booted, other than the person and the AM.
This is corroborated by the logs. There are only 2 ppl that didn't come
back.... The person I listed, and the only logical person whom made them
a mage. ( not the AM ) I ask'd the person below me and they confirmed
they were booted after me, leaving 1 person and the AM.
And What logs are you talking about, did you get INNO to send you the logs?
Ed1960, your comment was soo offbase as usual, but thats what you're good @.
Oh, really, and what comment was that, pray tell?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.