• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Event Building Rewards

Myne

Oh Wise One
In the event now ongoing, I received the building to do tier3 goods. I was disappointed since all I see in our trading area is Tier 3 goods being put up for cross-tier trades. I have a lot of Tier3 and lack or could use more Tier 1 and 2 goods. I am in the S and Dragon chapter. I have kept the building because I do not know what is ahead and feel that the game gave me that one for a reason. Now I do know I don't get what I need on a regular basis, so I question if I should save this building. Cross trading has become more than was expected in my Fellowship. We never allowed cross trading but with so much of it, Our Archimage is allowing it. Once again, it seems each FS is going to have to decide what is best for them. If the game developer can find a way to balance the goods, it would be great. no easy answer? Maybe not. Just do what is best in your Fellowship and for you for now.
THis is exactly the situation. Hopefully a hiatus on those t3 reward buildings will work.

Deleted User - 849994935

You have the opposite problem. Most folks are trying to get rid of t3. lol In my baby city, my crunch seems to be t2 stuff
I did things a bit dif this time round & built an equal number of T1 & T2 manus so it helped me thru the T2 famine. Mind u, I think those extra T2 manus are why I don't have pop & space for a t3 manu rn.

Flashfyre

In the event now ongoing, I received the building to do tier3 goods. I was disappointed since all I see in our trading area is Tier 3 goods being put up for cross-tier trades. I have a lot of Tier3 and lack or could use more Tier 1 and 2 goods. I am in the S and Dragon chapter. I have kept the building because I do not know what is ahead and feel that the game gave me that one for a reason. Now I do know I don't get what I need on a regular basis, so I question if I should save this building. Cross trading has become more than was expected in my Fellowship. We never allowed cross trading but with so much of it, Our Archimage is allowing it. Once again, it seems each FS is going to have to decide what is best for them. If the game developer can find a way to balance the goods, it would be great. no easy answer? Maybe not. Just do what is best in your Fellowship and for you for now.
The thing about these buildings is that they change their goods production based on the chapter you are in when you get them. And until you reach Ch12 where Sentient goods come in, you'll only see T3 goods.

Save up your RRs and check the building specs in the event document posted in the event discussion thread for the chapter and evolve level (if necessary) to see when you can upgrade out of the T3 production.

StarLoad

People choose which trades to place. Refuse to place or take cross tier trades. If your short t1s, or t2s, make some.
Changing building rewards sounds ineffective.
Actually it is very effective, when the Dev's adjusted the moonstone set it had an almost immediate effect in scroll supply, which was a positive then at first, but the fact that scroll producers had left the game created a shortage for many. The laws of unintended consequences at work.

Ed

StarLoad

The devs adjustment did not stop players from doing everything they can to make a profit off their neighbors and fellows.
Yes but that was not the intent, it was done to abate the surplus of scrolls that the set bldg flooded the market with, and I mean FLOODED.
I am crystal boosted and at one point I had double the amount of scrolls just from FS trades in less than 6 months.

Ed

Alram

Flippers just flip
I think the intent of that change was to punish new players by limiting their cc, frag, and mana production. The t2 change was secondary.
Yes but that was not the intent, it was done to abate the surplus of scrolls that the set bldg flooded the market with, and I mean FLOODED.
I am crystal boosted and at one point I had double the amount of scrolls just from FS trades in less than 6 months.

Ed

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
@Alram
The change to the moonstone set happened in 2 phases. Phase 1 took it out of the Spire, put it in crafting and the buildings were limited to one each per player. That continued for quite awhile before they finally changed the goods production to be based on player boosts. I absolutely think they did that 1st phase to limit cc/frag production. I think the 2nd phase was an attempt to actually correct the problem. The thing is, that 2nd phase problem? Beta players had described the market situation that would develop if the bldgs gave all players the same goods exactly the way it played out on live servers when the Spire first launched. The devs apparently didn't believe them and it took way too long (imo) for them to see the situation they had created.
I'm in a similar position to @ed1960 in my Crystal boosted city. While I agree the change to boost+1 helped the game, it means in my crystal city my moonstone set still produces scrolls. I don't have any crystal factories out right now, but have several event/evolving bldgs giving T2's plus my boneyard of 10 moonstone libraries. As a fighter, I've got plenty of crystal atm for my needs:
Tier2Inventory.png

I'll live with the scrolls, because I also have this from my sets:

CraftingResources.png

StarLoad

I think the intent of that change was to punish new players by limiting their cc, frag, and mana production. The t2 change was secondary.
I am sorry you feel that way but it was clearly a reaction to the massive scroll imbalance caused by the multiple moonstone sets issue. and secondary was to limit 1 set going forward, and that did cause limitations to new player in getting frags and CC, however I have several cities w/o Moonstone sets out and have never had an issue getting fragments just from climbing the Spire and CC I get from the Spire and MA

Ed

Added: Besides the number of frags from the Set is like 450-500 per day, and 1 CC spell when I can craft 5 CC in the MA. It is not the Frag factory many think it is and I can outproduce it just by climbing to the end of the First stage of the spire consistently.
Limiting to One Item is something they have done before to adjust for players that were taking advantage of the system or better said outsmarting the game, that I agree on. The laws of unintended consequences at work.

Last edited:

Alram

Flippers just flip
I am sorry you feel that way but it was clearly a reaction to the massive scroll imbalance caused by the multiple moonstone sets issue. and secondary was to limit 1 set going forward, and that did cause limitations to new player in getting frags and CC, however I have several cities w/o Moonstone sets out and have never had an issue getting fragments just from climbing the Spire and CC I get from the Spire and MA

Ed

Added: Besides the number of frags from the Set is like 450-500 per day, and 1 CC spell when I can craft 5 CC in the MA. It is not the Frag factory many think it is and I can outproduce it just by climbing to the end of the First stage of the spire consistently.
Limiting to One Item is something they have done before to adjust for players that were taking advantage of the system or better said outsmarting the game, that I agree on. The laws of unintended consequences at work.
So player A gets, 1(450 frags per day+1CC)from their 1 moonstone set and player B gets 10(450 frags per day+1CC) from their 10 moonstone sets. It seems that some of the players are still allowed to outsmart the game while others are not. Both players can craft the same amount of CC in the MA and both will get similar frags from climbing the spire, (rng averaged over time.)
10CCs is not at all similar to 1CC and 450 frags is nothing like 4500 per day when it's time to craft. Yep. I definitely call it punishing new players.

But I digress, back on topic now. :)

There is room for different play styles but it seems best to find FS mates who suit your style. It is disheartening to some when the same people show up week after week demanding that others fund their upgrades, research, tourney, and spire trips...chapter after chapter after chapter... That's just the game they are playing. Find your people and Game on. :)

Last edited:

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Who can know the thoughts of an elf???
Will Farrell, because you can never go wrong with a Buddy!
The change to the moonstone set happened in 2 phases.
There's also a phase 3, where they adjusted the sentient goods.
There is room for different play styles but it seems best to find FS mates who suit your style. It is disheartening to some when the same people show up week after week demanding that others fund their upgrades, research, tourney, and spire trips...chapter after chapter after chapter... That's just the game they are playing. Find your people and Game on. :)
I don't forbid cross-tier trades, but I won't take them unless there's some pre-arranged agreement. I will say to someone "You will have better luck with your trades if you keep them same tier because there's more demand," or "It's important to adjust your city's production to your deficit needs." Whatever one chooses to do with that advice is up to them. It's not for me to tell anyone how to play their city, esp when I have a person doing full Spire and 5k+ in tourney strictly catering on 9 plots of land. Buuuuuuuttttttt, we do have a high Spire minimum and if you can't meet it, well then your way ain't working. So you should either try something else or be open to advice. Don't be surprised if nobody wants your T3 down trades and you're unwilling to make any adjustments, but you can't meet the Spire minimums. I'd say don't let the door hit you on the way out, but there are no doors where you're heading... *prepares trebuchet*

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
So player A gets, 1(450 frags per day+1CC)from their 1 moonstone set and player B gets 10(450 frags per day+1CC) from their 10 moonstone sets. It seems that some of the players are still allowed to outsmart the game while others are not. Both players can craft the same amount of CC in the MA and both will get similar frags from climbing the spire, (rng averaged over time.)
10CCs is not at all similar to 1CC and 450 frags is nothing like 4500 per day when it's time to craft. Yep. I definitely call it punishing new players.
It's the same with anything. Back in the old days, people could get more than one fire phoenix or brown bear. Those were game changers and I really really wish I had more than one. The longer you play in a game, the more likelihood that you'll have something that new players don't get.

Let's think of a scenario ... Inno allows the Moonstone library set in multiples for anyone. They take far, far, far too long to realize that it's causing a huge imbalance in scrolls, as Sami said. Now that they realize it, they know they must somehow limit the moonstone set. They stumble into one idea, "well, we'll just let every new person only have one." Then they find out that wasn't quite working either, because there is still an imbalance. So then they get the second idea, to change the goods. That's the one they should have done to begin with, but by then it's "oh well, it's sorta fixed now, so let's just forget it and move on."

You may say that they should have allowed people to keep getting multiple sets but just had the second solution first. You're right, but I honestly believe they didn't think of the second solution when they did the first, and now that they did ALL the code work in limiting the moonstone and switching it over to the MA, they just don't want to mess with it anymore. So that's why they won't do that.

You may also say that they then should have taken away sets from the older players and only allowed them one. But think about it ... if you had poured diamonds into the spire for the sole purpose of getting more moonstone libraries, and worked your butt off because you were really going for those, how would you feel if they were suddenly taken away? What kind of compensation could Inno provide, not knowing who destroyed their stashes going for moonstones and who didn't? I think that would be more of a nightmare and it might even be illegal, if people bought diamonds to go into the spire to gain moonstones.

I know it sux being a newer player and not having those great buildings in multiples. But think of it this way. There are things you are getting now that new people 2 years from now will probably say, "Dang, I want that and they don't give them anymore. It's not fair." I'm not trying to belittle the pain; I'm sorry for it. But it is what it is.

StarLoad

It seems that some of the players are still allowed to outsmart the game while others are not
In a sense you are right, but that is a normal part of any game and one to be expected.

1. Getting 10 sets; if a player has 10 moonstone sets that means the player isn't new and probably has been playing for many years and I would think in upper chapters above 12. Then to get 10 moonstone sets they would have to have been a spire regular and therefore should have plenty of fragments.

2. Deployed space; I bring this up because at one time I had 8 of mine out and it takes a huge amount of space and I mean HUGE and I did not keep it long as it's not worth the space it uses until they added the sentient goods into it.

3.New vrs Old players; I have a Fire Chicken at level 10, but I worked hard to get it, and the other two Phoenix too I could have got another Fire Chicken, new players may gt one to craft and May get a artifact or 2 but it may take a year or two before it is equal to mine. That is the nature of any game I am afraid.

Ed

Added:
4.Event use; I keep 2 sets+ some extras in my city for only 1 reason, During events quests for CC spells and Bldg Upgrades, them little 1x1 gum tree and Mana Plants are so simple and cheap to clear those quests, I about used them all up too.

Last edited:
You have the opposite problem. Most folks are trying to get rid of t3. lol In my baby city, my crunch seems to be t2 stuff
Now that you say that, I notice that people wait for me to put up scroll trades. It seems they are in great demand. I have 3 buildings of scrolls and can barely produce enough to help others and have enough for myself. We have all-size villages in our Fellowship and all seem to need scrolls. ON the other hand, I have 2 dust buildings and a 3rd in inventory. I don't see people crawling out of the woodwork for those! LOL
I can see no cons to asking for a hiatus on tier 3 buildings in events. Until something positive can be done to help with the problems, good luck to all! We all just have to do the best we can.

Alram

Flippers just flip
Oh no. Look! Look!!! Do you see my pain? It's bad yall! My pain will never be assuaged!!! Ever!!!! Ever!!! I will never forgive! I will never forget!!
*can we move on from that now or no? :D

The problem I see is that if Inno steps in to change the goods, new players are going to be punished. They need t3s. Players who spam the trader with t3s are having trouble because there's just too many t3s to make it profitable. The trades are filling the traders and rotting because they are #1)spam, #2)cross tier, and 3) unfair.

Same tier, 2star, nonspam trades are still moving.