• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Too Many Portal Profits

mucksterme

Oh Wise One
In 16 and up, they have some use, but not like several of the earlier chapters, where all you needed was the portal and the portal profits to do an entire chapter.

Well they are still usefull in the upper chapters
If you run low on spell fragments you can disenchant a couple hundred pp

aerondor

Ch19 was the first chapter where I used them heavily.

That said, having finished it I find myself still with:
16x50%
11x20%
38x15%
255x10% and
196x5%

8+2.2 + 5.7 + 25.5 +9.8
More than 50 full refills.

Soleil Nightbloom

Those of you who don’t want your PP’s, can I have them? Ever since I got to Ch 15 the Spire and MA are giving less of them. I’ve always saved them and use them to get through chapters, especially in emergencies towards the end of a chapter where the demand of goods increases.

Fiona Selah

I am now convinced that I have a split personality...

The Mellow side of me (Fiona) is pumping the breaks and is cruising slowly through the chapters so I don't get to the last chapter too quickly and then wonder what to do next. Like shall I be rearranging my city every day just for something to do while waiting for the next chapter? Will I be forever zooming in on each building just to continually watch Orcs roasting goblins? (I do so enjoy that).

But the OCD side of me (Let's call her Fifi) starts screaming in my head as soon as I see a tech bar filled that wants activation NOWWWWWW! Then unfortunately I see two tech bars over the ability to upgrade my workshops... must...get...there...fassssst.

Needless to say I rarely have any spare PP's as Fifi seems to win every time.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am now convinced that I have a split personality...

The Mellow side of me (Fiona) is pumping the breaks and is cruising slowly through the chapters so I don't get to the last chapter too quickly and then wonder what to do next. Like shall I be rearranging my city every day just for something to do while waiting for the next chapter? Will I be forever zooming in on each building just to continually watch Orcs roasting goblins? (I do so enjoy that).
I don't know how far you are, but if you 're anything like me (on Elvenar at least 8x daily), you probably thought everything goes pretty quickly. Then I hit chapter 17, which seems to be designed precisely to put the brakes on players. I have a feeling that no matter how fast I go now or how many times I collect, I will be extremely lucky to catch up with chapter 19 within a year, and by then I'll have 20 to do. Of course, if 18 and 19 are faster than 17, maybe I'm wrong. They may have just put in a slow chapter on purpose to keep people from finishing too quickly. Others will know whether that's true or not. I'm still sitting here watching paint dry and have no clue what 18 and 19 are like. :)

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
I'm still sitting here watching paint dry and have no clue what 18 and 19 are like. :)
I stopped again (for now) after unlocking Ch18. There are not enough shrimp in all the oceans of Elvenar for Ch17. Someone wondered if their boats were being sent out with a cane pole and a safety pin hook instead of nets, lol!
A member of my FS who just finished Ch19 said that 18 and 19 continue to get slower and slower. Like month+ to gather the resources to activate one tech at times. And, he's always been really fast at completing chapters; it's his personal playstyle to go through them as quickly as possible. He's debating now about waiting for awhile after 20 comes out before even starting it; he's burned out on guest races atm, lol! He expects to work on tweaking his city to improve his performance in tourneys; he's already topping the Spire weekly, so nowhere to go there for him. I think he also still has some Ch19 bldg upgrades to do. So, he doesn't expect to be as bored as he was the last few months in Ch19, lol!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Mama mia ... I honestly can't imagine a slower chapter than 17. Oh joy. :(

If you have enough time boosters, and are willing to use them, you can finish chapter 18 in the same amount of time as 17. I did them both in about 4 months each, even with the new Ascended goods to deal with in chapter 18. But even with all the tricks and boosters and enchantments and so on, chapter 19 took me a month longer than I am used to and finished it in about 5 months, I actually expected it to take me 6 months, it started out so slowly.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
what i find to be irritating about the fighting formula here is that it is the OPPOSITE of logical. As your city becomes more powerful with more military infrastructure, it should be MORE POWERFUL than the spire and tourney and provinces. Of course as you go further into it.. they should get a little harder but not so hard you can't win the fights. They want you buy expansions and then penalize you for doing so. I don't really appreciate WoW anymore, although I was a lvl 80 back in the day for every character I had, and I was able to basically annihilate my opponents although some were harder than others but you were rewarded for the work that goes into leveling up.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
If you have enough time boosters, and are willing to use them, you can finish chapter 18 in the same amount of time as 17. I did them both in about 4 months each, even with the new Ascended goods to deal with in chapter 18. But even with all the tricks and boosters and enchantments and so on, chapter 19 took me a month longer than I am used to and finished it in about 5 months, I actually expected it to take me 6 months, it started out so slowly.
I've been in 17 now for nearly five months and I still have 10 techs to complete, so I consider your accomplishment awesome. Nope, never enough time instants, lol. Maybe about 100 of each kind that is 5 hours or less. Only a few of the biggies, like 20 or 14 hour. I think I'll just get used to the paint fumes, lol.

Fiona Selah

I don't know how far you are, but if you 're anything like me (on Elvenar at least 8x daily), you probably thought everything goes pretty quickly. Then I hit chapter 17, which seems to be designed precisely to put the brakes on players. I have a feeling that no matter how fast I go now or how many times I collect, I will be extremely lucky to catch up with chapter 19 within a year, and by then I'll have 20 to do. Of course, if 18 and 19 are faster than 17, maybe I'm wrong. They may have just put in a slow chapter on purpose to keep people from finishing too quickly. Others will know whether that's true or not. I'm still sitting here watching paint dry and have no clue what 18 and 19 are like. :)
Ahhh! I'm in chapter 10. Learning to manage my mana intake/outake. Mana that seems to go bad faster than milk left out on a hot day! Toppling the spire every week has been low on my agenda so my PP supply runs out quickly. ....And considering my life Darielle, watching paint dry sounds like a whopping good time! :p

bkbajb

OMG....I am so sick of winning nothing but Portal Profits in the Spire. I currently have 148 of those blasted things and hardly ever use them. Inno, please, please, cut down on the frequency of Portal Profits! I for one would prefer the time savings prizes instead of the Portal Profit. All in all, however, in my humble opinion, the Spire prizes are not much incentive for playing the Spire. Tourney is way better. Okay....I am done venting. Thanks for lending an ear. :)

268 here. They sure come in handy getting through the higher chapters. Glad I have them. I was at 312.

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
I always have a big excess but I just had a smaller city in my FS run out of them even though they participate in the spire. I've got to say it is the first time in recent history I have heard of anybody running out but for them it is a big deal.

Talaedraiia

I always have a big excess but I just had a smaller city in my FS run out of them even though they participate in the spire. I've got to say it is the first time in recent history I have heard of anybody running out but for them it is a big deal

Talaedraiia

I always have a big excess but I just had a smaller city in my FS run out of them even though they participate in the spire. I've got to say it is the first time in recent history I have heard of anybody running out but for them it is a big deal.
I’ve just started chapter 16 and top the spire every week and if I didn’t craft every PP that I see in MA, I wouldn’t have any.

Starr621

I just disenchant any I win from the spire (the prize still sucks most of the time) and that takes care of my spell frag issue. I have no intention or reason to ever use PPs. Not only do they trivialize the game, but it's Inno's little piggy banks so that you rush through chapters only to find out you are completely underwhelmed for the next chapter/tournament/spire and then comes the Inno premium offers lol