• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smooper

It seems that if everyone is having trouble than everyone has the same disadvantage making it no disadvantage at all. Now if your issue is that lower level players cannot provide badges like they used to be able to do with coins then that could be a problem. A new strategy to have them be part of the team and gain rewards seems to be in order.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB

UPDATE:
The changes were apparently a mistake. From the German forum: "This should not have happened yet with the current FA, however we decided against fixing that now during an ongoing FA."

I just added these comments to my event note and master file:
  • As always, the design and technical execution is immaculate.
    Well done Elvenar designers!!
    ♥♥
    BUT!!
    The rebalancing of the badge requirements that appeared in the July 2022 round is a typical example of overkill by the game designers! It is true that Coins and Elvarian Guards had become too easy and we all had dozens left over at the end, and a rebalancing was needed. But now they have gone to the opposite extreme!

After the change, most players now struggle to make one or two coin badges per day, playing normally - and that forces us to use the neighbor visit icon on the map screen to visit hundreds of people that we normally wouldn't, and even that is not enough.
    To unblock the yellow path, I just had to use THIRTY of my Coin Rain 100% instants - and that is clearly not sustainable.

Also, recent game changes had removed the repetitive click-click-click-click-aaargh!! from the Fellowship Adventures, making it more acceptable to people whose enthusiasm was lukewarm. Now the designers have re-inserted the boredom into the game, with totally unrealistic numbers required for the coin badge. I do hope they will reconsider!

Changes to Elvarian Guards are probably OK given that many players are overstocked with Armories and have lots of Vallorian Guard and Orc Strategist buildings in their cities.

The Bracelet changes are harsh but perhaps we can live with them - but the COINS? No no no no!!!
    Please reconsider!!

This rebalancing ought to be reconsidered and softened. Why oh why did they not first test the changes in Beta?
    That is what beta is there for, after all!!

I do hope someone passes this comment and others similar to Hamburg!

UPDATE: The changes were apparently a mistake. From the German forum: "This should not have happened yet with the current FA, however we decided against fixing that now during an ongoing FA."

294320001_10221259589019894_4227788955448119447_n.jpg

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
I am finding Sacks of Coins rate limiting. It looks like a major change occurred. I need about 23% of my coin capacity filled to get a sack. Sacks were never rate limiting before. Is anyone else encountering this same issue? I guess I should have saved up more coin instants. From what I have read so far, not many saw this a showstopper.

Lady Dastardly

The speculation is that the mistake is related to the upcoming event that is currently running on Beta. Beta players have noticed that the amounts of goods, coins & guards needed for the quests have increased from previous events. The thought is that that change inadvertently affected the FA badges. This is just speculative though, and could be completely wrong. I do hope this line of thought is on the right track, since that would mean this is a one off annoyance. A simple in game apology and a few free bags of coin would go a long way to making players feel better about this.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I imagine the players who have tried to make their cities so they get all their pop from event buildings and not residences are hurting more from this, as they do not have the income from all those missing residences. Boosting the culture bonus and using the EE enchantment would be mostly useless for them too. I just used a bunch of EEs on polished buildings and almost doubled the residence coin production, so almost 2 badges, instead of 1, from the same number of collections.

Lemon Wren

Also, recent game changes had removed the repetitive click-click-click-click-aaargh!! from the Fellowship Adventures, making it more acceptable to people whose enthusiasm was lukewarm. Now the designers have re-inserted the boredom into the game, with totally unrealistic numbers required for the coin badge. I do hope they will reconsider!
This speaks to me. I very quickly grew to dislike the FA for numerous reasons that I'm I don't need to list, so recent changes made me dislike it much less, but this coin situation once again makes this almost mandatory group event just so ridiculously terrible all over again.

FemmeDraven

Okay, I'm thinking the devs need to gift us buttloads of coin rain to replace our depleted supplies because using those is the only way we can get enough bags of coins gathered up. Not every FS has enough members participating in the FAs to handle this insane amount of coins needed. This isn't helping moral or making people wanna join in on the FA either:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.