• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

brnysmurf

Inno, you have finally done it. You have burned me out totally on FA's. I have been able to keep up with your ever changing requirements but the requirements for Coins are rediculuous. From now on it's one path and out. And the paths are going to be those that don't require coins.

satchmo33

This FA (as far as I'm concerned) sucks.

The changes made: Coin Sacks that you need a semi to pick up, Necklaces that are forensic clues in strangling deaths, number of needed Breweries that will have us all drunk for the next two months.......(not to mention alla the peeing)

Arrrrgh, I say. Arrrrgh.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
.... I can't think of why anyone would want to keep their MH lower. .... Why get so few coins and supplies each night when you could have more?

I think my key strategy in that one is using portal profits instead of creating huge guest races. Maybe that's the difference? I won't be able to do that forever, but I'll do it for quite a while yet, and I will never regret my MH upgrades.

If someone could explain this more fully, and tell me why they can't make do with what I've got in my halflings city, I'd appreciate it.
Besides the population crunch in the earliest chapters that @Linnea Shadowwalker mentioned, the other really concrete reason I can think of for not upgrading the Main Hall is that it makes the wholesaler more expensive. While obviously you get more coins from neighbourly help, your other coin sources (residences and event buildings) do not increase automatically at the same time. Therefore, more of your daily gold, proportionately, will come from help than it did before the upgrade. This can be fine (obviously), but if you happen to end up in an inactive neighbourhood, you're busy and forget neighbourly help one day, don't feel like running through the entire neighbour list, stop having as many neighbours visit you, etc., all of those scenarios have more of an effect on your coin levels as a percentage of Main Hall capacity and ability to use the wholesaler than it would with a smaller Main Hall. I'm able to buy fewer goods in the wholesaler now than I was at the beginning of the chapter, 4 Main Hall upgrades ago.

I don't think that no one should ever upgrade their Main Hall or that it's a terrible strategy to do so. There are just good reasons not to as well, in my opinion. I started doing it because, in the early chapters, I didn't need the extra coins and I did need the extra population, and even though I have ~9300 free population at the moment, I'd rather have the flexibility of lower wholesaler costs and more available population in case I suddenly decide to throw up 8 new manufactories or something (have actually done this before) than have some more coins and supplies that I don't need and will make the wholesaler more expensive.

Plus, as @Sir Squirrel said, I enjoy the challenge. ;)

Deleted User - 849994935

@BrinDarby sacrifices or concessions must be made I guess
If those "sacrifices" push your culture bonus down and you're unable to raise it then you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.
In my tiny cities I simply don't have the pop & culture to upgrade so it's not a straightforward choice.

Nerwa

You need to play the chapter you are in, not future chapters.
This has been one of my mantras since I started. I'd change it *slightly* to "play the chapters you'll be in for the next couple of months" - because it's helpful to look ahead a couple months.
Me, I'm happiest staying in a chapter for ~6 months at a time & focusing on Spire + Tourney + regular events. I find that limiting upgrades works well for me. Fewer upgrades = lower ranking = less expensive fights in Spire/Tourney. Reducing my expenses (# of goods, # of troops, whatever) means I can get away with fewer buildings & thus fewer expansions - which further reduces my expenses.

In chapter 7 when fighting 50%/catering 50% I can do weekly Gold spire + 6 * 18 provinces in Tourney with: An under-par MH, 3 under-par armories, 6 maxed factories (4 T1, 2 T2), ~14 almost-maxed residences (actually 6 magic + 3 regular), and ~ 5 maxed WS (2 magic + 1 regular). That produces more than enough - my factories produce loads extra & I never have to feed Brownie. Currently I'm shifting to more catering/negotiating (real-world time constraints) & will be adding a couple more factories and upgrading some more Set & Evolving buildings to support that. But that's still waaaay less than someone who moves up chapters every couple-three months.

So keeping things under-par is a solid strategy for certain playing styles.

Deleted User - 849994935

How is upgrading the MH a bad thing?
When you're building a no-cash spent city & r desperately low on space and upgrading wud require more res to be built, more culture buildings etc.

The low chapters are like low-income living - you often have to decide between fixing a leaky roof and having meat in your diet for the next month.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smooper

@Quixotique At chapter 10 and I am overrun with culture from the damn willows, built a dozen and I am starting to get rid of them to get smaller mana producers and I still have lots of culture. Not sure what chapter you are on. I guess i ran at 150 to 160% culture bonus for the last few chapters.

Deleted User - 849994935

@Quixotique At chapter 10 and I am overrun with culture from the damn willows, built a dozen and I am starting to get rid of them to get smaller mana producers and I still have lots of culture. Not sure what chapter you are on. I guess i ran at 150 to 160% culture bonus for the last few chapters.
All my cities are ch 4 and running the new tech tree. This means I'm severely challenged to meet the requirements for quests (upgrade 8 ws, have 18 res at level whatever) whilst not having quests I can cycle to generate extra coin/supplies.

BrinDarby

I am Not forever parked. My Khel city is on track to
Superjump into CH7, I'm just not rdy yet ...
My Syn city... is my Iappo inspired racing city and
is 1 res away from CH5, and moving too fast. I'll need
to -pause- once into 5. ( & very underscouted )
My other 2 cities will also SuperJump but are much
further behind my main(1st) city.
Besides all of that.... certain playstyles have certain
characteristics, CH independant.

( I will say this, Usually I upgrade MH when a scout requires a higher amt than
my current Cap is, as a rule of thumb. Plus when I'm only max'd out 2ish days
a week... I dont really need to hold more.
)

In 1 of my FSs where my ratio was 396/680 , I did burn
off a few coin rains, I just think there shouldn't be the
chance of such a disparity... within a CH.

Luckily all my FSs got the word in time to make other
plans for stage 3 path choices, but it was really close...
1 of them might not complete 3 though, and thats a
real bummer, and all because of the coins debauchle.

Last edited:

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
There are no space issues in the forum that prevents the use of whole words, just ask @ajqtrz o_O

Ed
True enough, but in our current texting economy the shortness of words is to save time. It's a bit ironic, I think, that a simple phone call can accomplish a two hour back and forth text conversation in about one minute but people insist on conducting that conversation via text out of "convenience" and to "save time." I

n reality though, it may be more because it's easier to multi-task several conversations via texting than to make a phone connection to three different parties ...especially if those parties may not have you in their contacts and thus ignore your number as one they don't recognize.

I don't know the answer to all this, but it's fun speculating.

And even I, who type like a mad man, still tend to say "pop" instead of "population," "FA" instead of "Fellowship Adventure" and "mfrs" instead of "factories" and so on.

AJ

StarLoad

And even I, who type like a mad man, still tend to say "pop" instead of "population," "FA" instead of "Fellowship Adventure" and "mfrs" instead of "factories" and so on.
Abbreviations and acronyms are totally fine as the meaning and context tell us all what is meant from longer words or word sets.
Even grammar nazi's I have come across don't take issue with that.

Ed

FemmeDraven

FIFTY-NINE bags of coins (TWICE?!?!?!) in stage 3 of the FA? Seriously Inno? I think this is the last FA for me if anyone chooses a path with coins ever again I'll just be on vacation. This has been the most ridiculous waste of coins EVER! I've used up more than half of my coin rain and for what? The prizes certainly don't make it worth it...not even close. What's with the prizes that expire? Especially with everything we've gone through during this FA? If I can make it in my Magic Academy it's not that great.

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Abbreviations and acronyms are totally fine as the meaning and context tell us all what is meant from longer words or word sets.
Even grammar nazi's I have come across don't take issue with that.

Better than the Grammar Trumpies, who will use everything the wrong way and then insist they are right and everyone else is wrong. ;)

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
I always have my MH max level. It is always a priority of mine. From early in this game, I've learned that STORAGE is one of the most important things. I don't want to constantly use my coins on stuff I don't need just to have enough storage capacity. But that is just me utilizing @SoggyShorts advice when I was a newbie.

I don't carry and excess of residences because I've gone with the special builds that I've won in events. It is a testament to how long I've played, the number of events I've participated in not to mention the space they take up is STATIC and I never have enough room.

That being said... needing approximately 47% of my fully upgraded MH coin capacity to create a coin badge is preposterously ridiculously and unimaginably STUPID!

Mirai

It is more meant to mean that finish it or not, that we dealt with it and come out the other end stronger as players, Fellowships and as gamers in general. Even if you don't finish it (as I don't think my med size FS will) we prevailed, but all we got was this Signature to show for it. lol. I thought I would at least give something for the trouble as we are not sure if INNO will.
You are a scholar and a gentlesquirrel, and I appreciate you!

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Sir Squirrel
I will never think of squirrels in the same way. I have to admit, I was a bit prejudiced when it came to squirrels. I would say about feeling a bit off as "I feel squirrelly". I often thought of squirrels as a nuisance when they were eating the birdy food and when they took up residence, without paying rent, in my attic. Now, I have realized the errors of my ways. When I am feeling a bit off, i will use the term, 'chippy'.. short for chipmunks. When I'm feeling particularly mean and spiteful, I will refer to it as feeling very INNO.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I will never think of squirrels in the same way. I have to admit, I was a bit prejudiced when it came to squirrels. I would say about feeling a bit off as "I feel squirrelly". I often thought of squirrels as a nuisance when they were eating the birdy food and when they took up residence, without paying rent, in my attic. Now, I have realized the errors of my ways. When I am feeling a bit off, i will use the term, 'chippy'.. short for chipmunks. When I'm feeling particularly mean and spiteful, I will refer to it as feeling very INNO.

You have apparently never seen any of the Squirrel Girl comic books or cartoons by Marvel. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.