• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventures 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 849994935

There are no space issues in the forum that prevents the use of whole words, just ask @ajqtrz o_O

Ed
Well, I can c there's loads of space for personal attacks but I'll leave that realestate for those who get a kick out of it.

I started using abbreviated text language after my youngest kid came to me really upset because I had a bad habit of correcting her language. She told me how it made her feel as though I was more interested in how she said things rather than what she was saying. That broke my heart. I decided to adopt txt speak after that whenever I communicated casually. I still do a lot of academic and professional communication so you'll see me switch between the two frequently.

I won't change how I communicate on this forum because some people like to use it as ammo for personal attacks and trust that anyone truly upset by my writing will either send me a dm like a grown up or add me to their ignore list. Both options work well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Quixotique
I understand why you do it. I tend to talk to people the way they talk to me. I use some vernacular that other people don't understand because they don't use the English language correctly, although, being American, I don't actually speak perfect English. My vocabulary is pretty extensive, and I find that I have to translate myself before I hit post or send. That being said, I don't usually correct people even when they are using incorrect words and I rarely correct spelling although my fingers itch to do so. I don't use correct punctuation when I type either. I tend to type run on sentences instead of properly sniping them. It doesn't really matter because, as your daughter has stated to you, what is being said is more important than the words they use to say it. Assuming, of course, I can decipher it. Having two daughters who speak in text and gaming language has taught me loads. I know what an alt is, I know what a support is, etc. It is not what I would have assumed it to be BEFORE they educated me. Don't apologize or explain why you text as you do. I find your posts to be quite readable and informative about you and what you think.

I do my level best not to be vague about my feelings. And just like my beloved fire chicken, they evolve. And (a word that should never start a sentence according to Mrs. Fink, my kindergarten teacher) my feelings can be just as fiery as previously stated in my posts about this latest fail by Inno.

Deleted User - 849994935

@Quixotique
I understand why you do it. I tend to talk to people the way they talk to me. I use some vernacular that other people don't understand because they don't use the English language correctly, although, being American, I don't actually speak perfect English. My vocabulary is pretty extensive, and I find that I have to translate myself before I hit post or send. That being said, I don't usually correct people even when they are using incorrect words and I rarely correct spelling although my fingers itch to do so. I don't use correct punctuation when I type either. I tend to type run on sentences instead of properly sniping them. It doesn't really matter because, as your daughter has stated to you, what is being said is more important than the words they use to say it. Assuming, of course, I can decipher it. Having two daughters who speak in text and gaming language has taught me loads. I know what an alt is, I know what a support is, etc. It is not what I would have assumed it to be BEFORE they educated me. Don't apologize or explain why you text as you do. I find your posts to be quite readable and informative about you and what you think.

I do my level best not to be vague about my feelings. And just like my beloved fire chicken, they evolve. And (a word that should never start a sentence according to Mrs. Fink, my kindergarten teacher) my feelings can be just as fiery as previously stated in my posts about this latest fail by Inno.
I really appreciate ur response. :)

StarLoad

Well, I can c there's loads of space for personal attacks but I'll leave that realestate for those who get a kick out of it.
I am sorry that you feel that was a "personal attack" because there was nothing personal nor was there any attack.
I won't change how I communicate on this forum because some people like to use it as ammo for personal attacks
Nobody I saw not even me asked you to, nor implied your should do so. Again with the "personal attack"

So I will explain it in simple terms, you said
r desperately low on space
and I made a comment about no space issues here
There are no space issues in the forum that prevents the use of whole words
Do you see the connection about space short in your city but no such issue here? If you think that is a "personal attack" then I do feel sorry for you.

As to the topic, the Coins issue did have one positive effect that I can see, many of the normally top scoring FS's are not doing well or have giving up it seems, there are many new FS's in the top 25 on several servers.

Ed

Count Rupert

I may as well add my voice to the choir. I've been playing for 6 months and I'm not been a fan of FAs. The focus seems to be more centered around making it competitive for the very top echelon making it tedious. I remember seeing comments when the new format was first being tested on Beta that it would be possible to complete the FA without shanty towns. Yeah, right. Now we have the coin bag debacle. I can understand not wanting to mess with the code for something that lasts 7 days, but no fix/mitigation at all? Not acceptable.

neeronie

I have reset the Gems Spreadsheet with the new values, for those who enjoy it. It's the same spreadsheet, just has the new values input.
coin badge, bad badge, we had to dump coins to free up capacity and jump though all kinds of hoops, not fun

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Is there some other benefit to the main hall that I am missing?
Supplies. It's great to be able to get max supplies from the golden hands. And imho, you can never have enough coins. Both supplies and coins so useful for the wholesaler (provided you have a higher level blooming trader guild. With that, you virtually never run out of goods.)

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Me, I'm happiest staying in a chapter for ~6 months at a time & focusing on Spire + Tourney + regular events. I find that limiting upgrades works well for me. Fewer upgrades = lower ranking = less expensive fights in Spire/Tourney. Reducing my expenses (# of goods, # of troops, whatever) means I can get away with fewer buildings & thus fewer expansions - which further reduces my expenses.
Different strokes for different folks - my strategy is to move through every chapter ASAP and upgrade everything to the highest level possible. Each chapter gives you more space. More is better, n'est pas? It's worked well for me.

I have completed all chapters. Every conventional and magic building is the maximum level available. The research tree is done - my culture bonus (multiplier) is usually over 850%. Current work is finishing Combat AWs. My strategy to this day has always been goods based. I complete 50 provinces 4 times in the tourney so I can have Ensorcelled endowments running constantly on 60+ culture buildings with Power of Provision also running 24/7 on my 8 Workshops (3 Magic) so I can wholesale mass quantities of goods. I also run 24/7 with my red panda collecting more than half of the available crafting options each cycle to gain a mystical object 10-12 times a week as well as everything I find useful crafting.

My idea was that everything would be easier with more space, more effective use of the space available and more resources. I play for the challenge of moving fast, getting more done, and getting more stuff to help me and my fellowship. Yes, I agree it is a treadmill with advancing creating greater difficulties in many way, but I like it. Of course, big and better has advantages, too.

Frankly, it never made any sense to me to park or wait. I just kept pushing forward and finding a way to get through every roadblock. Everyone is entitled to choose their own path. My path ruthlessly deleted and replaced old buildings with new and better one while actively seeking the best available for everything. I probably have fewer evolving buildings than most as the older chapter ones aren't worth much. If they really are worthwhile are I upgrade them (or delete them and recraft them). I looked at higher ranked players' cities, asked their advice and requested they share their expertise - many did. To me, that game is about finding the fastest way to the biggest, baddest, and most advanced city possible. We all find gaming happiness by different paths.

Last edited:

MichaelMichael

Day and Night Trader
Supplies. It's great to be able to get max supplies from the golden hands. And imho, you can never have enough coins. Both supplies and coins so useful for the wholesaler (provided you have a higher level blooming trader guild. With that, you virtually never run out of goods.)
Not true - I run out of supplies and goods all the time, but pressing up my tourney score and catering A LOT.

"that's a joke son"

Foghorn Leghorn

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Not true - I run out of supplies and goods all the time, but pressing up my tourney score and catering A LOT.

"that's a joke son"

Foghorn Leghorn
Ok, it's a joke, but I'll bite. Which part of my post was "not true"? You seemed to affirm everything I said, lol. Is that the joke?

Ihrlaen

Does anyone know if rewards are still dispersed for FAs if the flag for the current map is not pulled by the end and at least one path has been completed? Not the sort of thing I would ever (intentionally) risk, but I am curious.

Both the golden hands and the wholesaler cost are based on a percentage of the main hall capacity. When you upgrade the capacity, both increase by the same percentage. So the number of golden hands needed to buy from the wholesaler doesn't change. So I don't see the benefit there.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
Does anyone know if rewards are still dispersed for FAs if the flag for the current map is not pulled by the end and at least one path has been completed? Not the sort of thing I would ever (intentionally) risk, but I am curious.
You can't pull the flag without completing at least one path. So if you can pull the flat the path was completed, though it may have been along different colors as you could have used the 2nd or 5th waypoint to crossover to another color of path.

The flag counts and if it's not pulled, you don't get the rewards. An AM or Mage can pull it, I think. And maybe even an Ambassador?

AJ

FemmeDraven

In the FS where only 2 of us were participating in the FA we got to the very final level before the flag and just couldn't get there. I could have spent $10 and finished the final 24 hr productions needed but why waste $$ when the prizes were so lackluster? We didn't have as much of a coin debacle with green as we did in my other FS where they kept choosing yellow. Green seemed a bit easier, even with only 2 of us trying. I've set everything to 1 day now and am taking a break...this was not fun at all and is making me rethink how much time I actually wanna spend in Elvenar ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.