• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Fellowship Adventure

Zoof

inb4 next FA, they require 10x current amount of troops for guard badges, causing caterers to screech in unholy rage while fighters fall over trying to figure out how to snort the crushed time booster scroll dust faster. Hint: It involves a squirrel cage blower and a few adapters, pipes, and hoses.

---

In all seriousness, though.

On US6, I didn't have too much of a problem with coins, though needing to use Coin Rain instants hurt a bit. What really hurt was that in the end, nobody in my fellowship had enough bracelets to keep on going. Had I known that would've been the limiting factor, I'd have tried to make good on an earlier idle thought involving prepping high level T1 manufactories during downtime and stuffing them into cold storage until the day of FA, so that I'd have an even bigger reason to set fire to my precious coin rain spells,
cursing baby gold coins to an early grave and allowing the evil that is lead to win. will anyone thinkn of the children???

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
enough bracelets to keep on going.
That's what concerns me most. Running a city with no houses, I had to burn coin instants. Being a primarily combat city I have a lot of then, a whole lot of 15% ones from weekly Spire climbs. Used so many that it's probably not sustainable in the long term. Since someone official floated the idea these increases were meant for event quests, and the coin rage has been constant, loud and undeniable, I'd bet on them decreasing the coin requirements for future FA badges.
Any discontent with the bracelets badge increase was drowned out by the coin rage. With 6 boosted factories and set and evolving bldgs producing T1, it still took feeding the Storm Phoenix, enchanting the factories, and pushing through productions with time boosters at a much higher rate than previous FA's and I still didn't reach the overall collection amounts that I did previously. This is very much unsustainable! And I've been hoarding strategically overprepared for over 5 years in this game, lol! Where does that leave players who approach the game with the (much more practical!) 'it's not doing me any good sitting in my inventory' logic?
The guards badges worry me the least. It went from requiring 3x Squad Size (ArmyCamp/MapProvince SS) to 4x SS. Even with 0 armories (thus zero training size from Shrewdy) only using a lvl 22 Bulwark for training size so all my training bldgs ran out of troops overnight, plus passive troop productions from AW's, etc, I still had leftover guard badges. While it might be an issue for small city FS's where more cities lean towards catering, usually those have some players who are developing their military, so those players can help more with guard badges. But, are the caterers going to be able to compensate for the bracelets since more of their city is making goods? Probably not, because they need all 3 tiers of goods so they're not focused on just T1's.

Zoof

That's what concerns me most. Running a city with no houses, I had to burn coin instants. Being a primarily combat city I have a lot of then, a whole lot of 15% ones from weekly Spire climbs. Used so many that it's probably not sustainable in the long term. Since someone official floated the idea these increases were meant for event quests, and the coin rage has been constant, loud and undeniable, I'd bet on them decreasing the coin requirements for future FA badges.
Any discontent with the bracelets badge increase was drowned out by the coin rage. With 6 boosted factories and set and evolving bldgs producing T1, it still took feeding the Storm Phoenix, enchanting the factories, and pushing through productions with time boosters at a much higher rate than previous FA's and I still didn't reach the overall collection amounts that I did previously. This is very much unsustainable! And I've been hoarding strategically overprepared for over 5 years in this game, lol! Where does that leave players who approach the game with the (much more practical!) 'it's not doing me any good sitting in my inventory' logic?
The guards badges worry me the least. It went from requiring 3x Squad Size (ArmyCamp/MapProvince SS) to 4x SS. Even with 0 armories (thus zero training size from Shrewdy) only using a lvl 22 Bulwark for training size so all my training bldgs ran out of troops overnight, plus passive troop productions from AW's, etc, I still had leftover guard badges. While it might be an issue for small city FS's where more cities lean towards catering, usually those have some players who are developing their military, so those players can help more with guard badges. But, are the caterers going to be able to compensate for the bracelets since more of their city is making goods? Probably not, because they need all 3 tiers of goods so they're not focused on just T1's.
I actually had a balanced cater-only city (literally zero military buildings) and I thought that the bracelet income was... modest. With the caveat that that particular city is parked in a sleepy Fellowship waiting on an invite¹ for which I established that city, so I wasn't able to truly test it as much as I'd have liked. The bottlenecks there were of the sort that any halfway decent slumlord would've scoffed at.

---

As for my main city, the final results just minutes before the event ended were:
1659028312064.png

And I dumped a few time boosters into making more barracks troops to keep up with the tourney. The spells that went into boosting the culture items (for the tiaras) meant that I was still overproducing supplies from my three Spire-won Magic Workshops.

AFAIK, bracelets have always been a low(-ish) problem so the fact that coins, of all things, became such a problem made it, as you've said/implied, the top issue. Kinda like a newspaper (does anyone still remember those?): Something has to be on the front page, and something else has to be on the other pages. The Great Coin Purge has shock value, and now I'm starting to think about it cynically. What if the change was actually on purpose to desensitize us to second-page-but-still-newsworthy bracelet problem? [/tinfoilhat]

EDIT: Added separator to help make it clear that the image does NOT tie into the aforementioned cater-only city, but to the main city. The presence of the guard badges should've been a hint, but... well. inb4

EDITS: Trying my hand at adding superscripts to posts.
0: This experimental city is in US3 - Felyndral. Apologies for any confusion!
1: Statement valid for two days less than 4 months from when the city was established. Which was... two days ago. Finally got picked! *happy dance* ... *rolls for dex check* ... *nat 1* ...!!! *promptly falls over*

Last edited:

Lady Dastardly

Personally I think it’s a major oops and the only fix would have been to scrap the fa. And that would have been another issue.
I agree. The change to coins and bracelets was so extreme, and effects so obviously negative, that I can't imagine it was anything other than a mistake. Particularly since they just made tremendously positive UX changes to the FA with the roll out of Version G in March, and the addition of the path highlighting prior to that. They were clearly listening to the players and the improvement was notable. What bothers me is that, if it was a mistake, they could have defused the situation by simply sending an in game message saying "Whoops, that wasn't supposed to happen. We're sorry and here are a few coin bags on us." I've played many different games over the years, and errors are not an unusual occurrence, especially for games that have frequent events, but most will toss you a bone to make up for it. That engenders much more player goodwill than acting like nothing bad is happening.

Last edited:

Elyseflame

July 2022 FA Feedback Hello - Will try to keep this short, but wanted to leave some feedback regarding the last FA adventure. I read that Stage 3 prizes were a mistake for Beta and I am hoping it was a mistake for live worlds as well. It would be nice to have an option to choose an artifact or building for Stage 3. I was surprised to see Forbidden Ruins buildings offered, but not an artifact like past events for Stage 3. Also, I have seen numerous comments that bracelet and coin sack requirements were too high for this adventure and that instants or spell boosts were needed multiple times to complete badges. I agree that requirements for Bracelets and Coin Sacks should be reviewed for future FA events and lowered to a fair amount since some fellowships weren't able to complete stages due to new requirements. I would like to make a suggestion that badge requirements for certain points on Stage 3 should be lowered due to badge per point ratio. One example is the third point on Blue Path that is only 300 points, but asks for 62 Elegant Statues. I convinced the leader of my fellowship to skip this point along with other points on Blue because it wasn't worth the effort and it was easier to gain some points in the pit. Hopefully this will not inspire members on the Elvenar team to make the pit harder, just reevaluate points on each Stage and Badge Requirements to create a fair event. Also, I would like to see Diamond Necklace Badge requirements switched back to three buildings since four buildings required per diamond necklace did create issue for players with land constraints. Personally I don't care for Fellowship Adventures due to the prizes and requirements, but in the sense of fairness I did wish to pass on some feedback. Thanks for listening. Decided to relocate feedback after reading a post about Suggestions or Ideas (Wasn't sure if this was the best place, but deleted my previous post). It would be great to have a Fellowship Adventures thread that allows for players to make suggestions for future events.

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
Bracelets have always been difficult for me in certain cities because of where I am sitting as far as research goes. I noticed the increase and felt the pinch, but I have been adding T1 and 2 factories because of trading, so it wasn't discernably different. The coins cost me almost every coin rain I earned. I didn't have a huge hoard of them because I've used them periodically because of the trading issues. The changes to the badges are a lazy way to change the FA. They have other paths that they developed before just mailing it in with the one they've used for the last four or five FA's. They had better badge distribution and different badges. I miss the baker's badge, treant guild, the luxurious flacon, wand, and potion badges. The variety made things less tedious. I'm not against the new badges, just that the others shouldn't have been completely abandoned.

StarLoad

game message saying "Whoops, that wasn't supposed to happen. We're sorry and here are a few coin bags on us."
While I agree I temper that with the knowledge that the INNO folks are not "American" and our standards of "fixing" a bad situation are not the same. Clearly, they sent a message to the local managers to spread the word.
I say this as I was part of a Game managed and run by a Korean Company and when mistakes happened ( and they did, usually due to poor translation ) the typical response was to ignore it first, it might go away, second was not to admit any error or mistake, but quietly correct the issue, and last to then tell everyone it all good as if nothing happened at all.

So when we look at this from our eyes we see an easy way to solve it by our standards, when we should look at their standards. Just another way to see it.

Ed

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
While I agree I temper that with the knowledge that the INNO folks are not "American" and our standards of "fixing" a bad situation are not the same. Clearly, they sent a message to the local managers to spread the word.
I say this as I was part of a Game managed and run by a Korean Company and when mistakes happened ( and they did, usually due to poor translation ) the typical response was to ignore it first, it might go away, second was not to admit any error or mistake, but quietly correct the issue, and last to then tell everyone it all good as if nothing happened at all.

So when we look at this from our eyes we see an easy way to solve it by our standards, when we should look at their standards. Just another way to see it.

Ed
Very well said Ed ….impressive.
We don’t know the full story and we don’t know who did what or why so we really shouldn’t judge.
I just can’t picture them sittin there laughing at all of us , I’m sure it’s stressful for everyone concerned.
On a lighter note ……
I gathered up every bracelet I own (cept the diamond ones ) :oops: And I’m havin a garage sale !!!!!:p
:coin::coin::coin::coin::coin::coin::coin:
T

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Plus only a small number of users out of the total are on the forums

Ed
True. But there was also widespread outrage at coin rain badge costs on the Elvenar facebook page. And that is a different and larger set of players than here, so I think it is safe to assume in this case our feelings on the matter are shared by non-forum players.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
True. But there was also widespread outrage at coin rain badge costs on the Elvenar facebook page. And that is a different and larger set of players than here, so I think it is safe to assume in this case our feelings on the matter are shared by non-forum players.
People on the forum are prob also better equipped at overcoming the coin debacle too.

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
inb4 next FA, they require 10x current amount of troops for guard badges, causing caterers to screech in unholy rage while fighters fall over trying to figure out how to snort the crushed time booster scroll dust faster. Hint: It involves a squirrel cage blower and a few adapters, pipes, and hoses.

---

In all seriousness, though.

On US6, I didn't have too much of a problem with coins, though needing to use Coin Rain instants hurt a bit. What really hurt was that in the end, nobody in my fellowship had enough bracelets to keep on going. Had I known that would've been the limiting factor, I'd have tried to make good on an earlier idle thought involving prepping high level T1 manufactories during downtime and stuffing them into cold storage until the day of FA, so that I'd have an even bigger reason to set fire to my precious coin rain spells,
cursing baby gold coins to an early grave and allowing the evil that is lead to win. will anyone thinkn of the children???

From the moment the bracelets were a problem I made a decision to built a pile of T1 fully upgraded mfrs. I then also make it a point of gathering MM spells to keep them boosted when the FA comes around. I have 15 lvl 2 T1 steel mfrs and put them out according to how hard we are playing the FA. And it has worked for us to the point where we don't run out of bracelets any more. The point is: anything Inno throws at us, intentionally or not, is a challenge to be overcome and even if it's not pleasant, so far, it seems "doable." Still, I agree with the sentiment here that, perhaps, some challenges are out of reach of some fellowships and if you want all the fellowships to participate maybe adjustments have to be made?

I think they will "quietly" lower the coin requirements, but we shall see.

AJ

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
So have "they" owned up to any mistakes? Oops? Or "yeah we totally did that"? I'm curious because I haven't seen any word from Inno regarding the stupid coin requirements. My team did well, but wow was it tough!

Nope, Inno almost never officially acknowledges any mistakes. There was one mention by the CM on the German forum, but nothing anywhere else, other than what the volunteer, unpaid, forum moderators were allowed to say, such as the opening post of this thread. And that one mention basically said this is the future of the FAs, but the change to coins and bracelets was accidentally released early, not that it was an actual bug or glitch. There are supposedly other changes that are supposed to be released at the same time that will make it so these new amounts are not as big a problem. I wonder how many times questions about this will be ignored during the Facebook Live Inno is doing later this week for the new event?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Nope, Inno almost never officially acknowledges any mistakes. There was one mention by the CM on the German forum, but nothing anywhere else, other than what the volunteer, unpaid, forum moderators were allowed to say, such as the opening post of this thread. And that one mention basically said this is the future of the FAs, but the change to coins and bracelets was accidentally released early, not that it was an actual bug or glitch. There are supposedly other changes that are supposed to be released at the same time that will make it so these new amounts are not as big a problem. I wonder how many times questions about this will be ignored during the Facebook Live Inno is doing later this week for the new event?
I guess you're starting the Q&A Bingo card, then, hmm??
I'll take B1, when chapter 20 is being released.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I bet the Support team was ever so pleased to hear the news today. Thiago this morning, when asked if the Sack of Coins amount was going to be reduced had this to say:
"The Bag of Coins are, We're gonna evaluate the performance, we change it a little bit, the bag of coins, to make sure the challenge is met for players and we always open to review the game and review the requirements but so far I don't see precisely any need for change. Let's see for the next Fellowship Adventure."
Apparently the Sack of Coins were too easy to acquire, and it's amusing for them, to watch players run through their Coin Rains, wrack their brains to find creative to spend the rotten little pieces of gold! Weren't we aiming for better quality of life improvements?

Sir Squirrel

Artist EXTRAORDINAIRE and Buddy Fan Club member
I bet the Support team was ever so pleased to hear the news today. Thiago this morning, when asked if the Sack of Coins amount was going to be reduced had this to say:
"The Bag of Coins are, We're gonna evaluate the performance, we change it a little bit, the bag of coins, to make sure the challenge is met for players and we always open to review the game and review the requirements but so far I don't see precisely any need for change. Let's see for the next Fellowship Adventure."
Apparently the Sack of Coins were too easy to acquire, and it's amusing for them, to watch players run through their Coin Rains, wrack their brains to find creative to spend the rotten little pieces of gold! Weren't we aiming for better quality of life improvements?

Yeah I was confused for a bit when he said that. I was like have you guys not been given the feed back from the forums and support yet!!!
They say they want our feed back, but they won't use it to change anything.