• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Zoof

Okay. I'm going to be honest here. This is the first time I've ever sat through and watched an entire video attached to an event with my full and completely undivided attention. The minigame inside seems quite thought-provoking and involved and I'd love to play it. And as thought-provoking as it is, it also encourages everyday play as there's no real reason to hoard event tokens (if the values shown in the video hold up to what we see live).

Alas...
inb4 people with a bazillion cities complaining like a complaining complainer that complains complainingly with complainingsauce coating their complaintcouscous that it's not mindless clicking and takes fivever to play through.

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
The 'A Gateway Into The Past' event runs from August 2nd until August 23rd. It features an interesting new game screen.
Read all about it here! https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r
Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZ_O5ZawAk&t=5s
Note that the game version that we recorded in this note may not be identical to the version that comes to the live worlds.
Our note can be opened on any PC and does not require Facebook or any other special program to read / copy it.

295243184_10221282140423665_7370477008747552329_n.jpg

Zoof

Is there an English version of the video with clear and detailed instructions?
Unless there's some URL trickery going on with youtube, the video posted above and in the announcement post is in English. Not only that, but the video is quite detailed. It contains more than enough information to play the event.

What sort of details were you looking for?

Myne

Oh Wise One
The 'A Gateway Into The Past' event runs from August 2nd until August 23rd. It features an interesting new game screen.
Read all about it here! https://tinyurl.com/36ptuf4r
Official Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANZ_O5ZawAk&t=5s
Note that the game version that we recorded in this note may not be identical to the version that comes to the live worlds.
Our note can be opened on any PC and does not require Facebook or any other special program to read / copy it.

295243184_10221282140423665_7370477008747552329_n.jpg

Hey Jack, your info page advises "precrafting" items in crafting. As far as I know, this is not possible. Do you mean precrafting items in the magic academy through the crafting icon? i.e. the back door?

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Unless there's some URL trickery going on with youtube, the video posted above and in the announcement post is in English. Not only that, but the video is quite detailed. It contains more than enough information to play the event.

What sort of details were you looking for?
Yes, it's in English, but it doesn't have a play-by-play walkthrough, which is what I think the poster was referring to.

HaakonII

Okay. I'm going to be honest here. This is the first time I've ever sat through and watched an entire video attached to an event with my full and completely undivided attention. The minigame inside seems quite thought-provoking and involved and I'd love to play it. And as thought-provoking as it is, it also encourages everyday play as there's no real reason to hoard event tokens (if the values shown in the video hold up to what we see live).

Alas...
inb4 people with a bazillion cities complaining like a complaining complainer that complains complainingly with complainingsauce coating their complaintcouscous that it's not mindless clicking and takes fivever to play through.
I watched it twice and scrolled back the 3rd time to areas, particularly when important choices had to be made. CC helps to read along with the audio but blocks some of the bottom areas where it may be hard to see where the cursor is going (scroll back areas).

Zoof

If it was everything you say it is, I wouldn't have asked.
That's the thing. I'm pointing out that I find issue with the question itself and am trying to get more information to try to help. As it stands, the problems are:

1. The video is clearly in English. The vocals are all recognized as English. The default subtitles are English.
1a. If the bolded statement above is meant as a commentary to the possibly hard-to-understand accent, okay. Fine. You got me there.
1b. If the bolded statement above indicates that the video is not actually spoken in the English language, I'm sorry to say that you are the only one who is experiencing this problem. Did you mean "Subtitles are not in English"? Change Youtube language settings and/or change video subtitle settings.

2. The video clearly displays the information needed to play the game. I got the following information:
2a. The event currency are called "Dwarven Chips". They can be obtained from quests and random pickups around the city.
2b. The "Dwarven Chips" are spent on buckets at the bottom of the game panel to summon random 'game pieces', odds given on hovering.
2c. Pieces come in three types each with 6 levels: Figurines, Tools, Dice. Drag and drop into left side info tab to see item's level, if you cannot visually recognize its level.
2d. Game board has 50 slots to fit pieces in. If you run out of space, drag and drop pieces to left side trash can.
2e. The event tokens are called "Triumph Gems". Get them by meeting the needs of bossy people to the right of the game board.
2f. Those bossy people also have random drops like any other event. The "Event Currency" drop is replaced with an item that itself acts like a lootbox for more pieces or Dwarven Chips, rather than a straight up amount of Dwarven Chips.
2g. Combine two pieces of identical type and level to get same piece type of +1 level. This helps make pieces that bossy people want.
2h. Don't like what the bossy people are demanding? Cancel them like ■■■■■ ■■■■ and wait some amount of time for someone who ought to know better to come up.
2i. Daily Exclusives, Grand Prizes, Leagues, and graphic indicating progress basically works similarly to prior events. See prior event discussions.

2j. This is all the information required to play the event. Again, I ask. what details were you looking for that were not present?

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
Hey Jack, your info page advises "precrafting" items in crafting. As far as I know, this is not possible. Do you mean precrafting items in the magic academy through the crafting icon? i.e. the back door?
Yes, I meant that you can use the backdoor to access the magic academy and stack up spell production for weeks in advance as long as you like, only collecting when you need them by clicking on the Magic Academy - but of course that is not crafting! I had better change that; thanks for pointing it out!!