• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Chapter 18 "Team Spirit" discussion

Henroo

Oh Wise One
How critical is it going to be to upgrade the Elemental Hubs to level 3? I currently have Gate of Dimension at level 4 and I have 3 of each Elemental Hub. All are at level 2 currently. I don't currently have the tech to further upgrade them, but I will soon. But it looks like it would cost several days of production to get the resources to do the upgrades with and to actually do the upgrades. Is it worth it? I made a lot of stuff with the hubs while my Gate of Dimensions was upgrading, so right now keeping it running is not a problem. Will I be able to keep the Gate busy long term with level 2 Hubs and skip the upgrades? Or if I spend the time to do the Hub upgrades now, will I make it back in the last half of the chapter? I have Blooming Trader at level 26, so I am getting a pretty good boost to what my Hubs make.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Hi @Henroo, I haven't done the fine math, but yes, I believe it is worthwhile. Hubs lvl 3 produce 33% more than lv 2 for 16.67% more cost in medals. My gate was busy all the time back half of the chapter. My BTG was same lvl as yours. The tech is a mandatory research as well.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Hi @Henroo, I haven't done the fine math, but yes, I believe it is worthwhile. Hubs lvl 3 produce 33% more than lv 2 for 16.67% more cost in medals. My gate was busy all the time back half of the chapter. My BTG was same lvl as yours. The tech is a mandatory research as well.
I know I have to do the research. I was just wondering if the upgrades were worth sacrificing days of production in order to do.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
@Henroo I am at the same place in chapter 18 as you. And currently have 3 of each hub at level 2 and a level 30 Bee. I think it depends on how many badges you are able to make daily in your portal, and how fast you reset your hubs... being really optimistic about both then I think there is a small benefit in upgrading to level 3, but if my calculations are correct then I don't think there is a big difference. I plan to upgrade mine to level 3, although I could really use my builders elsewhere. If you want to do the quests then you need at least 12 hubs at level 3.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
@The Fairy OK, I just sat down and did the math. You are going to lose some time on Gate of Dimensions overnight because a level 4 Gate only has a 2 hour queue. Lets say you keep Gate active and running for 18 hours a day. During this time, you'll make 45 Team Spirit badges. Each badge requires 36 medals to make. This means running the Gate will use 1620 medals a day.

With a L26 BTG I get 30 medals from a L2 Hub in a 4 hour run. With perfect timing I could do 4 runs making medals during the day and a 8 hour run overnight making elementals. However it might be hard to manage this timewise. I think 3 daytime medal productions and an overnight elemental production is more realistic. With 3 daily runs, my 12 L2 Hubs can make 1080 medals daily. So I'm 540 short of what I'd need to run my Gate wide open. Looks like I'll be doing the upgrades!

Ihrlaen

I am just starting to get my settlement up and running and I find I could fit 4 sets of Elemental Hubs. Will that "extra" set be useful? Specifically, will I bottleneck in the Portal or sit idle with insufficient resources?

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I am just starting to get my settlement up and running and I find I could fit 4 sets of Elemental Hubs. Will that "extra" set be useful? Specifically, will I bottleneck in the Portal or sit idle with insufficient resources?
It looks like you have a level 27 Bee, so my guess is that 3 sets will be sufficient if you have them at level 3 and don't spend time boosters to speed up your badge production. I had 3 sets at level 3 and a level 30 Bee, and was finished with the Hubs before I was finished with the badges.

Ihrlaen

I had 3 sets at level 3 and a level 30 Bee, and was finished with the Hubs before I was finished with the badges.

Can anyone confirm if a level 30+ Blooming Trader Guild (Bee) and a level 4 Gate of Dimensions produce 2 Team Spirit badges per production or is it exempted from "production of guest race resources" increases?

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
Can anyone confirm if a level 30 Blooming Trader Guild (Bee) and a level 4 Gate of Dimensions produce 2 Team Spirit badges per production or is exempted from 'guest race production' increases?

No, it is never more than one badge per production in the portal. Inno intentionally made it so the BTG does not effect portal production in chapter 18.

Ihrlaen

Thank you very much. I rather hoped that might be the case, as I haven't yet pushed the BTG to 30 yet and would really hate to miss out on double the production of badges.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Gate of Dimensions will not be your bottleneck as long as you have some 1 and 2 hour time boosts. 4 sets of hubs will probably make medals more quickly than the Gate can use them once the hubs are fully upgraded. However the queue for the Gate of Dimensions is very short. It is very easy to use 1 or 2 hour time boosts to quickly make badges. Doing this will take care of the extra medals.

Ihrlaen

Question for those that built the Temple of Spirits: Do you find it valuable on a day to day or week-to-week basis? When it was introduced, there were very few sources of Unurium, whereas we now have access to several significant producers from Grand Prizes.

I can, in the distance, see the end of the chapter and am musing whether to add the Temple or not.

maeter75

I find it useful, I have one event building that makes Uniunum but the I removed all the other buildings after I built the Temple of the Spirits. As its a % based on coin production, if you have a good cultural boost it produces enough for my needs. Also greatly reducing the decay helps.
I would say they are offering more options now so its not as clear anymore.

mikeledo

Temple and VST are a must. In chapter 21 you will use your trader for new material and cannot use it for seeds or uniunum.

Yogi Dave

I have the Temple of Spirits and have found it very useful. It certainly will encourage you to do the spire if you haven't already been climbing to the top. It also makes you want to collect more event currency. The amount you get is based on your required culture. As stated, reducing decay will also help a lot, but that is the Vallorian Seal Tower which isn't available until the end of chapter 19.

Chapter 21 is not in beta yet and talk about it should be done in the News from Beta thread. However, the speculation from looking at game files makes it appear something new is coming. But I think @MichaelMichael is wrong that you will only be able to produce the new material in the trader, so don't get too freaked out.

@Astram if the spoiler is out of place here, please delete it for me.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I'm just getting off my duff and coming out of parking on Chapter 18. I'm in the process of building one steel factory (yes, I got the dreaded ingots, like all my other crummy boosts) ....I'm just wondering if I'll need two ingot factories or if one will be enough. Are two going to get me out of this chapter a whole lot faster than one? Or will I only save myself a couple weeks (not worth it to me space wise if that's the case.) Thanks for the help.

mikeledo

I would go with 2 (I transferred 1 basic factory) and make sure you use all 5 trader spots to complete the chapter and then you can back down.

maeter75

I did one only all all the upper tiers, I used the Orange Manufacturing spell and some time boosts when I needed it. I found when I had 2 of each I was running out of items to feed it and was making non boosted base goods which resulted in a huge waste of space in my city. I do have the simia so that helped a lot with the Tier 1 sentient not decaying as much.