• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

SoulsSilhouette

Buddy Fan Club member
@Jackluyt
I think this might be the only unintentional thing that they might have done.
It did not make a difference to me because I am not buying diamonds or a stash house in this event. My grandson was looking at my city and bought a diamond package the other day, so I'll use them and remind myself that I must not leave my laptop unattended when the little cuties are visiting. The last changes that INNO unapologetically made were disrespectful to the player base. It's there right to change the game as they see fit. It makes me sad that they aren't making improvements.

There is a school of thought that they are going to change this to a one city .. mobile only game. It will go the way of farmville because I don't play on my phone. I'm not sure I will still play this game on my tablet either. I like all the people that I have gotten to know across the servers. So I am hoping that this is untrue.

Killy-

This is what I do, to remind myself of what each piece does . Three columns of game pieces, each arranged in order 1 to 5. The level 6 pieces share a spot with the level 5 ones, at the end of each section. I also routinely toss out the level one offers.
If the remaining offers are lukewarm, I may just go with it anyway. I suspect that there is a bit of wiggle room to make a mistake.
View attachment 13314
That way it is pretty hard to discard requests, but maybe you don't want to discard? Otherwise I would left the board as empty as possible and only get the pieces for a request I want to fulfill. How do you handle the discarding?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I discarded the cr@ppy level one offers at the start, before adding more game pieces. I then take some of the higher gem offers. This moves me quickly along the grand prize route, which is part of my goal. I accept 2 or 3 high gem offers, and then need to rebuild anyhow. I look for 3 or 4 gem rewards that offer either a good ratio for daily prizes or cards as well, and go for that. The game pieces get used up quickly, so I check back in a half an hour and discard bad offers prior to refilling the board. I purposely took a screenshot of a full board to show others how I arrange the pieces.

I pursued this strategy on Beta, and nearly won the avatar; I had 74 chips left at the end, unspent, while waiting for new trade offers to spawn. The lesson I took from this was to play the game board a bit every day, or even most days, so that it's not somewhere between tedious and impossible to finish spending chips.

Ibison

I'm at 83 gems, 19 quests and three days into event. It's all about strategy and not getting bad luck. On target for over 300, maybe 340. Let me post again what trades you should be doing.

If you are looking to get the full set main prize or just most rewards there are only 5 trades you should use. Trash the others and wait the 30 minutes. First do not do any of the trades in the first/top slot. They are not worth it. For the five first do both trades with 20% chance of lucky draws (one each in second and third slots). Third(in second slot) is one that gives AW KPs, gives two gems. Fourth(in second slot) gives troop instants. And fifth is 14% chance of lucky draws in slot three. Doing this with collecting around 30 per day around city and shouldn't have a problem get full set unless the RNG gods hate you.

And those 83 do include 9 lucky draws cards. But that is average. I have gotten lucky draws 4 times. With amount of trades I have done and the percentage it's about 2% chance in my favor.

Add really, collecting 30 coins per day not hard. It's actually easier on my work days using the app. Morning routine, first break just collect, lunch routine, last break collect, after work collect, night time routine. So playing 3 times a day with four just collecting coins

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@Jackluyt
I think this might be the only unintentional thing that they might have done.
It did not make a difference to me because I am not buying diamonds or a stash house in this event. My grandson was looking at my city and bought a diamond package the other day, so I'll use them and remind myself that I must not leave my laptop unattended when the little cuties are visiting. The last changes that INNO unapologetically made were disrespectful to the player base. It's there right to change the game as they see fit. It makes me sad that they aren't making improvements.

There is a school of thought that they are going to change this to a one city .. mobile only game. It will go the way of farmville because I don't play on my phone. I'm not sure I will still play this game on my tablet either. I like all the people that I have gotten to know across the servers. So I am hoping that this is untrue.
I doubt they would change this to a mobile only game due to you cannot manual fight at all on mobile and that is a big part of the game.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I'm at 83 gems, 19 quests and three days into event. It's all about strategy and not getting bad luck. On target for over 300, maybe 340. Let me post again what trades you should be doing.

If you are looking to get the full set main prize or just most rewards there are only 5 trades you should use. Trash the others and wait the 30 minutes. First do not do any of the trades in the first/top slot. They are not worth it. For the five first do both trades with 20% chance of lucky draws (one each in second and third slots). Third(in second slot) is one that gives AW KPs, gives two gems. Fourth(in second slot) gives troop instants. And fifth is 14% chance of lucky draws in slot three. Doing this with collecting around 30 per day around city and shouldn't have a problem get full set unless the RNG gods hate you.
I'm not arguing because I didn't play this on Beta and you're obviously getting great results. But I am confused by this type of advice...as far as I can tell, not all the requests with the same people and prize percentages have the same fulfillment requirements. So just flat out saying, "take this trade, always", doesn't make sense to me. I know for a fact that yesterday I had the same face and prize pool twice in a row with different trade requests, which meant the gems won/chips spent ratio wasn't the same (didn't think to take screenshots, unfortunately). Did I experience a weird bug and that's not the case for everyone else?

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
I'm not arguing because I didn't play this on Beta and you're obviously getting great results. But I am confused by this type of advice...as far as I can tell, not all the requests with the same people and prize percentages have the same fulfillment requirements. So just flat out saying, "take this trade, always", doesn't make sense to me. I know for a fact that yesterday I had the same face and prize pool twice in a row with different trade requests, which meant the gems won/chips spent ratio wasn't the same (didn't think to take screenshots, unfortunately). Did I experience a weird bug and that's not the case for everyone else?
You are correct, the offers do vary.

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I doubt they would change this to a mobile only game due to you cannot manual fight at all on mobile and that is a big part of the game.

No, it really is not. A small percent of players regularly use manual fighting, according to Inno, and a lot of browser players never touch the manual fighting system. The real issue between browser and app for fighting is the total lack of so much of the troop info that you see in the browser, that app-only players will never see or know.

Myne

Oh Wise One
Stash Outpost:
For some daft reason, in this event, Stash Outpost is only offered to the first city you visit on your account, on Day Two. (Confirmed by Support).
This makes no sense at all! We pay for those buildings; do they not want our money?
I do hope they will fix this before the next event!!
:(

UPDATE: Support say that while the Stash Post has been available on all Worlds in past events, it is not available on all for this particular one.
They would be more than happy to transfer your purchased Stash Outpost to the City of your choice if you so wish!

So perhaps this was an unintentional glitch?
This seems bass ackwards of what they should be doing. It's removing money from their pockets. Methinks some one may be in trouble. Never mess with pockets! NEVER have I seen a business say "nah, we don't want your money"

Maeryn

No, it really is not. A small percent of players regularly use manual fighting, according to Inno, and a lot of browser players never touch the manual fighting system. The real issue between browser and app for fighting is the total lack of so much of the troop info that you see in the browser, that app-only players will never see or know.
I don’t know why they can’t add the highlight in mobile for troop selection like they have on the desktop version.

Kadhrin

Quest #50: "a big amount of coins" is approximately 150 neighbors.

I say approximately, because I counted 120 after getting all the coins on my main hall, helping everyone in the fellowship, and picking up a bunch of coins from my residences.

I swear someone at Inno wants people to get tendonitis from all the mouse clicking needed for these quests.

Lady Dastardly

But I am confused by this type of advice...as far as I can tell, not all the requests with the same people and prize percentages have the same fulfillment requirements. So just flat out saying, "take this trade, always", doesn't make sense to me. I know for a fact that yesterday I had the same face and prize pool twice in a row with different trade requests, which meant the gems won/chips spent ratio wasn't the same (didn't think to take screenshots, unfortunately).
You can see the math for this over in the News from Beta thread here and here, and on idavis's site. My understanding is that idavis recorded all the offers he saw on Beta, and established a range for each trader. From there he determined the highest & lowest possible cost (cost being required number of level 1 pieces) for each trader's offers. From there the costs were averaged and lucky draw cards figured in to come up with a quick and dirty guide to which traders have the best offers. It is still a range though, and you could see a lot more of the offers on the higher end of the cost spectrum for a given trader, if that's the way your luck breaks.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I now have permission to grant a second stash outpost on another World.
You will need to make a purchase of Diamonds equivalent to the 9,99 price point of the Stash Outpost and submit a ticket requesting your Diamond purchase be exchanged for the building. For multiple Worlds, a separate 9.99 purchase needs to be made in each one.