• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

An non-relevant discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22644

Who is Karen ?
No it is "What" is Karen

It is often described "Karen is a pejorative term for a white woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term is often portrayed in memes depicting white women who use their white privilege to demand their own way" from wikipedia

Google search produces about 2,090,000,000 results ..LOL

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
@Lelanya I learned about 2 years ago what that was, only because I heard my child playing a pretend game where they pretend to be different people and heard one of them tell the other they were behaving like a Karen. I had to ask my child what the heck a Karen was lol. She explained it to me then I googled it and she was correct in the new meaning. I did end up having a chat with her though how someone made up that term and that it is not okay to say it in real life situations due to some people actually are named Karen and not all of the people named Karen act like that, only some, just like someone with another name could act the same way. She learned about it from school smh.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It is often described "Karen is a pejorative term for a white woman perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term is often portrayed in memes depicting white women who use their white privilege to demand their own way" from wikipedia
There is nuance. Not all women that fit those descriptions are Karens. The younger ones are Beckys.

crackie

@crackie Idk what Becky is lol. Could you please fill me in?
Karen's profile is more middle-aged. Becky's younger. Think influencer generation of self-absorbed ignorance and entitlement.

Ken, Chad, and Kyles, or sometimes just "Male Karens" are the oppo gender equivalent of a Karen. There doesn't seem to be unity consensus on one like there is for Karen.

main-qimg-07297393e28dcde9a247a11dbd6669a4

BrinDarby

Don't be a _____________ ...
Jughead or Karen or either ....

We all know Blonde or Polish jokes aren't , they are "stupid" jokes.
Its human nature to chastize someone in another group, rather than
simmilarly chastize someone in thier own group.... it doesnt have to
be another ethnicity, but it can be..... any group is a group...

Jokes are 1 thing, but doing the same thing disparingly against another
person/group does occur. As a society, we need to stop celebrating
being mean to others just to be mean, or as a joke.... because in the end,
not so funny is it.... when its you.... ;)

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Whew ….I’m glad it’s not just me lol . I knew bout Felicia , never Karen ….

So stupid :rolleyes:
LOL

I'll never be able to look at a Karen again without laughing

When I wrote my autobio years ago, I used Karen as a substitute for my real name ... if I had only known, lol.

You're one up on me ... I don't know what "Felicia" is other than a name.

crackie

We all know Blonde or Polish jokes aren't , they are "stupid" jokes.
But the distinction is nobody is born a Karen like they are Blonde or Polish or insert another group. Karen describes a kind toxic behavior, which is a person's choice, usually executed in the public for all to see. If Karen is doing her thing, someone else is having a bad day.
As a society, we need to stop celebrating
being mean to others just to be mean, or as a joke....
I don’t think anyone is celebrating people being mean. If anything, it’s the opposite. What makes Karen a Karen is she lacks the self-awareness of her own actions. She is convinced her actions are completely appropriate and even righteous…that is until it blows up on the Internet and karma bites her in the butt. Then suddenly, she sings a more apologetic and remorseful tune to the people she has mistreated. Karens have felt entitled to ruining people’s lives for most her adult life and now with the prevalence of smartphones, she is finally being held accountable.

Alram

Flippers just flip
It is funny to hear a person who sounds more than a little Kareny call other people Karen wannabes. It's also amusing if the intent was not to refer to others as Karen wannabe but themselves, as in "get out of my way, im wearing my Karen hat today"!:p

Last edited:

Myne

Oh Wise One
Whew ….I’m glad it’s not just me lol . I knew bout Felicia , never Karen ….

So stupid :rolleyes:
LOL

I'll never be able to look at a Karen again without laughing

Just think of it as a jeopardy question. It's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.