• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

A Gateway into the Past - Discussion

Killy-

336 and 296 (still some quests open here) so far. Kinda like expected, silver is really easy without spending but way to much work. I am happy if this thing is over and I don't need it back.^^

Jackluyt

Platinum Leaf -FB
does anyone have the configuration for the set with extra buildings?
Which 'extra buildings are you referring to?
This is the officially recommended set configuration:

300083181_10221378964004194_8746633758217075360_n.jpg

1. Temple of Sun and Moon
  2. Caves of Dusk
  3. Memorial of the Saviour
  4. Golden Wish
  5. Moon Vendor
  6. Gaming Lounge
  7. Gates of Dawn

Zoof

As of 7:37 PM UTC (~13h remain on event)
US6 - 235 tokens, 1 currency
US3 - 287 tokens, 2 currency
US1 - 254 tokens, 0 currency

It saddens me that my main city on US6 is the furthest behind on the event of my three cities, yet the one that is most able to make use of the full set. So much so that I'm making this post (in addition to providing additional data points) to ask opinions on whether or not it'd be a good idea to burn (free) diamonds to try to close that gap.

As an aside, the one city that I made the full set on, it's... not the worst city of the three that I have to try it on, but... that land use requirement. man. that's gonna be hard to make fit.

Maeryn

As of 7:37 PM UTC (~13h remain on event)
US6 - 235 tokens, 1 currency
US3 - 287 tokens, 2 currency
US1 - 254 tokens, 0 currency

It saddens me that my main city on US6 is the furthest behind on the event of my three cities, yet the one that is most able to make use of the full set. So much so that I'm making this post (in addition to providing additional data points) to ask opinions on whether or not it'd be a good idea to burn (free) diamonds to try to close that gap.

As an aside, the one city that I made the full set on, it's... not the worst city of the three that I have to try it on, but... that land use requirement. man. that's gonna be hard to make fit.
Burn the diamonds…they were free. You can always earn more diamonds not more currency beyond today.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
It is aug 22 and my game is not letting me continue quests. The little quest box vanished so I can't continue to play until the 23rd!! What is up with that?
I don't know if this is the same problem, but I have had something similar happen to me in the past few events on both cities. I would delay collecting all awards because I am at the end of one chapter and prefer to claim buildings for next chapter instead of spending RRs on them, especially if they are sets. The left edge event person disappears even though I haven't collected any of my quest milestone prizes yet. Support usually tells me, don't worry--I will automatically get all the prizes when the event ends, but the problem is some of those milestone prizes are more event currency. Therefore, even if I automatically get all the prizes when the event ends, I can't use my event currency once the event ends so it's not helpful to receive them after the event. I should be allowed to claim my currency continue playing instead of having that whole timeline disappear when the event isn't yet over yet, as that could affect how I finish the event. And if you're a last minute procrastinator like me, sometimes support can't get back to you in time because it's 2am! The good news is...if you've had this problem happen to you too, I've found if you pretty much frantically clicked around (go to Map view, go to Spire, go to tournament, etc.), then it would suddenly reappear again when you return to your city. Signing in/out and clearing caches didn't seem to fix it though.

@helya I think this is still a bug, but it takes the last day of an event for me have the right conditions to even set up to replicate it and I'm also not always saving my prizes for the next chapter to be ignoring my prizes. It's happened a few times so there's some degree of replication to this bug, but it's always magically resolved itself before I get another round of reply in with Support. I checked and my other tickets for this problem are for my EN city so you can't see them in my ticket history. I didn't open a ticket the last time it happened because I know what support would say and I also know it somehow reappears if I clicked around.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
An update on my post here:
I'm essentially finished with the event now in both cities. I had a 'live in the boonies' experience with no DSL internet service and one bar of service on a 4G cellular hotspot that made dial-up look lightning fast from Aug 13-19. Phone itself wouldn't even load the game :rolleyes: While I caught up on quests, there was no catching up on chips dropped around my city. However both cities were impacted equally from that.
I really enjoyed the event structure and won't mind the same being used in the future. They really should look at tweaking the large spread of RNG for future events. My gems as of now are:
Khel 325 w/ 2 chips left (silver - not likely to change. min right now is 280, gold is 425)
Elcy 265 w/ 0 chips left (bronze - not likely to change. min is 205, silver is 275)
Spread: 60 gems/3 GP's
^^IMO that's enough of a range to tweak it without going overboard.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
I don't know if this is the same problem, but I have had something similar happen to me in the past few events on both cities. I would delay collecting all awards because I am at the end of one chapter and prefer to claim buildings for next chapter instead of spending RRs on them, especially if they are sets. The left edge event person disappears even though I haven't collected any of my quest milestone prizes yet. Support usually tells me, don't worry--I will automatically get all the prizes when the event ends, but the problem is some of those milestone prizes are more event currency. Therefore, even if I automatically get all the prizes when the event ends, I can't use my event currency once the event ends so it's not helpful to receive them after the event. I should be allowed to claim my currency continue playing instead of having that whole timeline disappear when the event isn't yet over yet, as that could affect how I finish the event. And if you're a last minute procrastinator like me, sometimes support can't get back to you in time because it's 2am! The good news is...if you've had this problem happen to you too, I've found if you pretty much frantically clicked around (go to Map view, go to Spire, go to tournament, etc.), then it would suddenly reappear again when you return to your city. Signing in/out and clearing caches didn't seem to fix it though.

@helya I think this is still a bug, but it takes the last day of an event for me have the right conditions to even set up to replicate it and I'm also not always saving my prizes for the next chapter to be ignoring my prizes. It's happened a few times so there's some degree of replication to this bug, but it's always magically resolved itself before I get another round of reply in with Support. I checked and my other tickets for this problem are for my EN city so you can't see them in my ticket history. I didn't open a ticket the last time it happened because I know what support would say and I also know it somehow reappears if I clicked around.
I think your issue is a different issue that the initial poster's. There are no more quests after the one added on the 22, so they have probably finished the entire questline and no new or locked quest has appeared. Hard to say without a bit more information.

Your past issue, we had a few tickets for, but it was just the last prize that wasn't claimed and a refresh or 2 cleared it up. I haven't had any tickets for it yet for this event but they're still time.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
final result. 2 cities, identical progress and spending strat.
Dom netted 285 gems
Necro got 228...
A pretty massive difference.

Iv seen some ppl say it requires more stratagey with this event set up. Honestly, i think its a lot more randomness added into it then anything. Which is a bad direction imo.

Kadhrin

Win: 316 gems, 8 pieces.
Fely: 279 gems, 7 pieces.
Har: 292 gems, 7 pieces, probably gonna miss the 8th because I interpreted the gift email phrasing of "until" the 23rd as "including" the 23d. I wish they'd use the word "through" and use the day before the game actually ends.

Possible alternate layouts with 7, 8, and 9 pieces:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 7.45.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 7.45.54 PM.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 65

Zoof

Burn the diamonds…they were free. You can always earn more diamonds not more currency beyond today.
I don't think I wanted my question to be whether or not I could (I most certainly can), but whether or not having the set (currently at chapter 10) is worth the 2k+ diamonds I would need to spend for it. Would I miss it over, say, another land expansion (and a half)? Or the roughly 7-ish blueprints I might be encouraged to buy for whatever reason?

defiantoneks

Honestly, i think its a lot more randomness added into it then anything. Which is a bad direction imo.
yup. if there's a clear "earn x to get x" approach i am far more likely to be invested in getting max currency, and in potentially purchasing a stash house or other boosts. if i spend and get currency that basically turns to nothing useful, i'm bleeping unhappy and the result will be that i spend NO real money at all.

if you wanna go random, just throw a dice game out and stop playing around like there's a "strategy".
if you want to improve this, make it so the cup drops arent random, and drop a lot more currency.
so if i want a lvl 1 item, i pay 4. if i want the level 2 item, i pay 8 etc. so i can actually PLAN and craft without it going down the toilet.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
Of my 3 cities, Khel had by far the best luck in hitting wild cards. I finished there with 326 gems and used no additional help there.

My other 2 cities in Winy and Arendyll did not have nearly as much luck in hitting wild cards, although I was using the same strategy as in Khel. I always save the email till the final day so I was able to apply it to my Winy city. This time the email was good for 50 currency. With the aid of this ended exactly on 260 in Winy, so I got the full set.

Arrendyll was a little further behind. In that city I spent diamonds to buy an extra 160 tokens. I also ended exactly on 260 there. However although my score was the same as Winy, it took more outside assistance to get there.

Silver Lady

I got the full set in all my cities without using diamonds or buying anything, but only just. So the lack of sucess isn’t a factor when I say This event was just as boring as spin the chests and a lot more aggravating. If I’m going to be bored let me do it with fewper clicks and less randomness. I vote for spinning chests.

Last edited:

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
I got approximately the same in all 3 cities which I played in. I got 312, 329 and 342 gems. The one with 342 gems had a fed ashen phoenix and got the extra currency from the email. I didn't spend any diamonds or real money.

The Unbeliever

I spent a pile of dias to hit Gold in my K-world city, largely in part because I got royally skunked on both the lucky dip cards AND getting bonus currency out of them...
On the other hand, I know I missed picking up at least 100 or so currency from the city incidents due to unforeseen outside factors. But still, I might have been lucky to get 150 total bonus currency from the cards. :(

My E-world city easily managed to get the full set and even just managed to squeeze into Silver league, which was a nice little surprise.

Overall while the new mini game was different, it wasn't really fun, just annoying having to constantly wait out the timer while hoping the RNG wouldn't turn around and give you the same horrible offers again and again and again. >.<
I'd really have preferred if we'd gotten either the Wildlife mini game or the St. Paddy's mini games ported over from FoE.

Maplestone

That was a pretty brutal event. Did every quest, collected almost every chip on the map, fed my aging phoenix ... still finished much closer to falling into iron than climbing into silver. Made one mistake early on rerolling a partially matched offer without realizing the consequences, but that only cost me a gem or two.