• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

News from Beta - May Contain Spoilers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yogi Dave

That money is probably better spent on more snacks for the Spire BBQ than corn. I can't believe I only learned about the Spire BBQ this year. We've been climbing the wrong Spire this whole time!
My FS has been taking party food up the spire from the beginning. Chocolate, strawberries, wine, BBQ, beer, seafood gumbo, etc. Sometimes we drop cookies to those still climbing. We even have a composting toilet up there behind the clock gears. The spirits do cleanup after the party which is a bonus to find it clean each week. Oh, did I mention the music?
None of that sounds anything close to Bud Sorceress though…
Being human, I don't have the too often maligned Buddy. When I played as an elf I learned they can survive, but you almost always lose some in every battle. However, I like the priest and love the blossom mages. Both would be great at level 4 (as would Buddy). The frogs would actually be my fav to be level 4, especially since there isn't a regular 5d building HRs. More powerful acid spitting frogs would be more awesome than they already are. As for the HM, they are my least favorite troop to use, but you have to at times. Of them I use the Vallorian Guards the most and since you always lose HM troops (and LM) in every battle they are in it will be nicer to have them a bit stronger.

The Unbeliever

They are not showing the mage units any love. There has not been a single 4 star promotion for them yet. :(
That's probably because both Blossom's and especially the Priests are bonkers OP units, and we know the devs are infuriatingly obsessed with their mythical "perfect game balance" malarkey.
At least Human players now have 4* Rangers, and Priests with enough buffs still hold up... but our HR is at this point relying entirely on Frogs to be worth a damn.

I'd be willing to bet wearing a Toronto Maple Leafs Jersey for an entire season that Blossoms, Priests & Frogs will be the final 3 unit upgrades, appearing sometime mid to late 2024 at the rate we're now getting new Chapter releases!!
(...and I say this as a die-hard Montreal Canadiens fan, which makes this a pretty serious bet! ;) )

Henroo

Oh Wise One
At least Human players now have 4* Rangers, and Priests with enough buffs still hold up... but our HR is at this point relying entirely on Frogs to be worth a damn.
You are wrong about this. A 3 star Orc Strat is better than a 3 star Frog. At least using autofight. I routinely won battles with 3 star Orc Stats which my 3 star Frogs had just lost. And once you get the 4 star promotion for Orc Strats in ch 18, it truly is no contest!

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
You are wrong about this. A 3 star Orc Strat is better than a 3 star Frog. At least using autofight. I routinely won battles with 3 star Orc Stats which my 3 star Frogs had just lost. And once you get the 4 star promotion for Orc Strats in ch 18, it truly is no contest!

I also have to say that my 3-star frogs have seemed weaker in recent months, than they were maybe a year ago. This is not just from a fight or two, but almost every fight where I use them, both in my Live and Beta cities that have 3-star frogs.

Yogi Dave

You are wrong about this. A 3 star Orc Strat is better than a 3 star Frog. At least using autofight.
I use both a lot for different purposes. However, I do manual fight a good bit in the upper provs. Frogs are best when there is a hedge either in front of you or them. Strats require more open ground. As such, I can see why strats would generally be better/safer if you can't see the arena.

Raccon

With the aid of a fed Fire Phoenix, a Mage Multiplier Building, and a high level Dragon Abbey my almighty Priests can burn down a Mistwalker! As long as there is only 1. If there are 2 or more, they pray about it and figure out plan B. ;)
Excellent points in how to defeat a Mist walker in your game level and your luck to get enough military boosting buildings which dosen't apply to all players ;)

Now back to the topic, my reply here:
That has already been stablished when the Almighthy Mist Walker was introduced!
Was based on your coment about devs not showing love to mages:
They are not showing the mage units any love. There has not been a single 4 star promotion for them yet. :(
And every body knows how overly previlaged (outside the game rules) are the Mist Walkers. Regardless of how successfuly a player can defeat them, the game is still tilted in their favor and that's what I meant in my coment, or as you said 'devs showed no love for mage units' ;)

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I never get hung up on their promotion level. The attack and damage level improvements are rarely that life changing. No one is gonna suddenly be able to get rid of a Mist Walker in one shot thanks to a single promotion. Frog’s special ability is one of the least useful in its current state. It’s only applied to other HR and HM that come after and then it’s cleared when LR goes again. Frogs are generally used as long range artillery so it’s rare to have a frog set up a hit for slow bumbling HM unless the battle has gone pear shaped. In most cases, it only benefits other frogs going after.

Since the day they changed how debuffs are working.
Looks like they didn’t implement it correctly either (not just just Buddy’s debuff).

And every body knows how overly previlaged (outside the game rules) are the Mist Walkers.
I am still convinced there is a bug on Mist Walkers as to how their hit (when someone shoots her) is calculated. There are too many provinces with multiple cities to get through to stop and calculate the math between rounds though. If her debuff count is a confirmed bug, then the possibility of her damage count being a bug is not impossible. Her hitpoints is supposed to be comparable to Dryads. If that’s true, then I want my Dryads to behave more like her, but they don’t.

Yogi Dave

I am still convinced there is a bug on Mist Walkers as to how their hit (when someone shoots her) is calculated.
Around a year ago, maybe more, there was talk in Beta about a change in the amount of damage an enemy troop takes, making it harder to kill them. According to Dony and Karvest, this was done to fix a bug in province fighting when the enemy brought more than 5 stacks of troops. The result of the change means it may take an extra shot to take out an enemy which means a troop of yours didn't get to hit someone else leaving your troops open to another full stack of theirs. Even with 1 troop left in their stack, they impart the full power of their special abilities which just exacerbates the problem. This has made me look at the enemy's defense bonus to help me choose the appropriate troop to use against them. I wish I knew what this discussion is in beta. I'll look some more but haven't been able to find it yet.
Frog’s special ability is one of the least useful in its current state. It’s only applied to other HR and HM that come after and then it’s cleared when LR goes again.
I have to disagree with this statement (again remember I do manual). A frog by itself doesn't have much use, but with several frogs and maybe a strat or two to take out LR, that debuff of the enemy's defense is great. I have noticed when watching several auto battles, the frogs don't usually go after the troop that will cause you the most damage the next round and they tend to hit a couple of troops instead of concentrating fire on one stack. About the only time I split their fire is when I have 2 strats and by hitting 2 LR with my frogs usually allows the strats to take out the LR.
No one is gonna suddenly be able to get rid of a Mist Walker in one shot thanks to a single promotion.
Agreed. Mist Walker seem to and will continue to be a problem. However, I have found I use my 4-star barbarians more, even at times in provs above 30. I also now use my crossbowmen a lot more and rangers far less as a result of their upgrade mainly because they survive an attack better when their initiative isn't high enough. My main use of dryads is to distract a

Status
Not open for further replies.