• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Teleport AW?

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Not a fan because you
1. Wouldn't use the feature yourself (bonus points if you add why)
2. Don't want others to use the feature (bonus points if you add why)
3. ______?
I’m different I guess .
I wouldn’t use the feature. I only build the AWs that benefit me.
Teleports are like pet food… few and far between
I believe there are consequences for everything you do . If you build something, then down the road decide you want the space for something else.. that’s your choice.
Why should you be able to store it with no consequences?
As it stands now if you don’t want it , you delete it and it goes back to the beginning purchased form . That’s your consequence. Your choice to build it , your choice to delete it .
If it was real life and you built a 5 star hotel and it didn’t pan out what happens ? You certainly can’t fold it up and store it. You sell it , or you level it. If you want it again …. You rebuild.

As for others using it …. That’s their choice… doesn’t concern me.
As for Inno doing it …. Not gonna happen in my opinion.

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Teleporting Ancient Wonders is on the list of things we cannot forward to the developers

Silver Lady

Teleporting Ancient Wonders is on the list of things we cannot forward to the developers

Adding yet another thread on the same subject somewhere else would only dilute the discussion.
@Astram (@helya). While the topic is interesting as a theoretical discussion, but is in essences a “dead topic” wouldn’t it make sense to move the whole thread to The Lounge? Moving the whole thread wouldn’t dilute the discussion but taking it out of Ideas & Suggestions reflects that “it ain’t gonna happen”. Just an idea.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
Is the list of forbidden suggestions available somewhere on the wiki or here, so we don't waste everyone's time (including our own) on developing ideas which will be rejected out of hand? I ask becuase I have 14 Google docs in progress, each with a suggestion, and if some of them are forbidden I can stop wasting time on them.

edit: the list:

In game activity tracker
Rune management window
Visually Differentiating worlds
High density zoning
Adding adventure to adventures
Event pacing
Provincial Exploration
Building deletion management
Heads up display
Event / Chapter race: Beast Masters
list of ideas for buildings
Viking event
Alternate fellowship quest/adventure mini-event
Underground expansion

Last edited:

helya

Beloved Ex-Team Member
Is the list of forbidden suggestions available somewhere on the wiki or here, so we don't waste everyone's time (including our own) on developing ideas which will be rejected out of hand? I ask becuase I have 14 Google docs in progress, each with a suggestion, and if some of them are forbidden I can stop wasting time on them.
In the Read before posting thread in the Ideas section.

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
In the Read before posting thread in the Ideas section.
Thanks, Helya. I was aware of that, but I feel like the "at this time" specifically leaves it open for players to suggest things which might make it work in the future. If they don't want us talking about it at all, that caveat should probably be removed until they are ready for us to talk about it.

Gkyr

Chef
Well, hopefully we can make enough mention of it that it might even reverberate in the halls of the developers. I like new ideas, even if just for their novelty.

As was said, things like carrying over the FA badge resources and, more close to home, teleporting evolving buildings seemed to be nonstarters at one time.

There may come a time when this game needs some novelty in order not to become stale (present disenchantments noted) and then this addition may be seen to show great promise.

In terms of 'cheating' or, precisely, transporting AWs into storage to reduce the costs prior to reestablishing them after Tourney starts, just pay a little attention to the CAL modulus: a fully updated AW at level 30, if transported into storage and out of the calculation (which may or may not be coded for) would lower the CAL (City Advancement Level) by a value of .09. By comparison, adding a standard (non-premium) expansion to a city raises the CAL value by about 1.0. It doesn't take any kind of new teleport penalty or any other penalty. One would quickly become tired of using up teleports, even at the present traditional rate of one spell per building, before coming to the realization that the cost and time of manipulating AWs just does not make a bit of difference. Any other penalty, coding or otherwise, is unnecessary.

Being able to shift into a completely different city paradigm without the upfront and encounter costs of adding expansions would add a completely new dimension to this game.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I wouldn’t use the feature. I only build the AWs that benefit me. Teleports are like pet food… few and far between
So you have zero desire to ever try out a different strategy that would require different wonders? Fair enough.
As it stands now if you don’t want it , you delete it and it goes back to the beginning purchased form . That’s your consequence. Your choice to build it , your choice to delete it .
And my position is that the consequences for wanting to try out a new strategy are too high.
30,000 KP, 100+ runes, and hundreds of hours to replace a deleted wonder are too high a cost.
Teleport spells (as you said) are few and far between, so a consequence of paying 30 of them is a high enough price imo.
If it was real life and you built a 5 star hotel and it didn’t pan out what happens ? You certainly can’t fold it up and store it. You sell it , or you level it. If you want it again …. You rebuild.
But you could sell it and then buy it back for a reasonable loss, not a 100% loss.
As for others using it …. That’s their choice… doesn’t concern me
Agreed.
As for Inno doing it …. Not gonna happen in my opinion.
Disagreed.;)

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
So you have zero desire to ever try out a different strategy that would require different wonders? Fair enough.

And my position is that the consequences for wanting to try out a new strategy are too high.
30,000 KP, 100+ runes, and hundreds of hours to replace a deleted wonder are too high a cost.
Teleport spells (as you said) are few and far between, so a consequence of paying 30 of them is a high enough price imo.

But you could sell it and then buy it back for a reasonable loss, not a 100% loss.

Agreed.

Disagreed.;)
I’m sure all your points are valid. And I value your opinion. I just feel it would interrupt future things and be very costly . That’s my opinion.
If it ever happened …of course I would bow down to you but then chances of my idea of having an Elvenar Swap Meet …where you can exchange and sell buildings to other players …isn’t that far fetched

BrinDarby

In terms of 'cheating' or, precisely, transporting AWs into storage to reduce the costs prior to reestablishing them after Tourney starts
It would be far easier, even without giving us Teleporting AWs,
for Inno just to change it so as Spire/Tourn starts, the formula
no longer is frozen untill the next one.... that way even if they
did give us teleporting AWs, there would be NO incentive to
do what you are refferring to..... lolol

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
It would be far easier, even without giving us Teleporting AWs,
for Inno just to change it so as Spire/Tourn starts, the formula
no longer is frozen untill the next one.... that way even if they
did give us teleporting AWs, there would be NO incentive to
do what you are refferring to..... lolol
That doesn't work.

If it isn't frozen:
Then you teleport out all of your non-military wonders, do all of the spire and tournament in ~30 minutes then teleport them back in.

If it is frozen:
Then you teleport them all out before the cut-off and teleport them all back whenever you are done.

The only ways I've come up with that work are
1. Charging the highest rate:
Anything that is done to decrease your formula simply doesn't work because your highest rating in the past [2 weeks?] is used.

2. Making teleporting wonders expensive: Sure, someone could gain a slight advantage for 1 or 2 tournaments with clever hoarding of spells for years, but who cares?