• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
I found this feature in my Beta city to be mediocre to useless. The Caukdron is primarily for cities in the final few chapters, at the most. My Beta city is in chapter 18 and after attempting to make it work, I now mostly ignore it. My Live city at the end of chapter 20 will get some more use from this, maybe, but early chapter cities will get almost no benefit from this.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The announcement says you can only drink 1 potion weekly. So clearly there is a weekly aspect to it. Does this mean Witch Points and ingredients reset weekly, or can you accumulate them over time? I asked upthread but never got an answer.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Ugh
You can add ingredients. You get a report on your successful potions. You can have up to five, depending on your tournament performance. You get a partial refund on unsuccessful potions. You must drink all the potions at once. You can sort of pick which one to keep. You can invest resources into 'improvements'. I think some folks have done a lot of this. I need to review the entire feedback thread soon to give an accurate answer hon.

Those of us who've had some experience with Cauldron declined the opportunity to create a Scroll on it, so far as I know, as too much is up in the air.

To me this is a largely useless resource sink.

free-spirit

The announcement says you can only drink 1 potion weekly. So clearly there is a weekly aspect to it. Does this mean Witch Points and ingredients reset weekly, or can you accumulate them over time? I asked upthread but never got an answer.
You receive witch points based on your completed research each week. If you don't use them that week, they don't accrue, but you get them again the next week.

You can use the points to select different ingredients to make a potion but some ingredients will cost Diamonds instead. The number of sips of potion giving you chances at different effects you can take can be increased with Tournament participation. The same effect can't be stacked, so you must choose which is better.

After you brew, you can use any remaining witch points to upgrade the different effects. You can also buy more witch points if you want using different goods/coins/mana etc.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
You can use the points to select different ingredients to make a potion but some ingredients will cost Diamonds instead.
If you purchase an ingredient but do not use it, do you lose it at the end of the week or will it remain in your inventory for future use?

free-spirit

If you purchase an ingredient but do not use it, do you lose it at the end of the week or will it remain in your inventory for future use?
They're added immediately to the potion you're creating when you purchase them. If you never brew, you lose them. You can remove ingredients from your recipe, and the witch points are returned. It's a pain to remove them though, and you have to remove them one at a time, starting with the one you last added.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
I’m not on Beta, so take this for what it’s worth, but my understanding is that you don’t “purchase” the ingredients. The ingredients sit on the shelf and can be put into the cauldron for brewing. You don’t pay anything to put them in, only to actually brew whatever potion you settle on, so you can put ingredients in and take them out until you’re satisfied with the recipe you created. Then when you decide to brew it, you pay the cost in Witch Points (and potentially spell fragments and diamonds, if you chose to use those for a better chance at an effect) that is shown for the ingredients you currently have in the cauldron. You only get to brew once per week, and that brew is automatically used in all the goblets you have available (up to 5, I think?), with the potential to trigger a different effect or strength of effect in each one.

free-spirit

Another thing to note is that when you brew and drink your potion the effect starts immediately, so it's best to do it right before you collect/fight/etc.
The ingredients sit on the shelf and can be put into the cauldron for brewing. You don’t pay anything to put them in, only to actually brew whatever potion you settle on, so you can put ingredients in and take them out until you’re satisfied with the recipe you created.
Yes, this is a more accurate description