• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Count Rupert

The cauldron isn't replacing the quests. The quests will be replaced by a different feature
Well, I haven't seen a different feature and I lost one of the advisor slots that gave quests. Sure looks like the cause was the cauldron. The "replacement" only deals with the cauldron.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
@SoggyShorts possibly, would need to wait until next week to compare, but possibly difference in chapters, 16 (yours) vs 20 (mine), so you get a higher percentage?

Here is a single of a Beetlenut which we both use spell fragments for to compare.
image_2023-01-10_164047693.png

And here is one for the second level on Mana Shell we both use spell fragments for.
image_2023-01-10_164215053.png

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Well, I haven't seen a different feature and I lost one of the advisor slots that gave quests. Sure looks like the cause was the cauldron. The "replacement" only deals with the cauldron.
That is normal for when you get new chapter quests. The rotating quests reduce to one person.

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member
Success rate for potions is determined by number of "completed" chapters. If this is so, what is the definition of a completed chapter and does it or does it not include optional techs. Success rate is determined by number of ingredients used. I've seen both explanation's in this thread so which is correct? Please add any additional available info in this regard.
Success rate is determined by number of ingredients used.
Number of "completed" chapters
@Arkadia @Enevhar Aldarion I read it as Witch Points are based on completed research (still counts even if Chapter is not completed), whilst Diplomas are awarded based on completed Chapters.
Agree with this.

Count Rupert

That is normal for when you get new chapter quests. The rotating quests reduce to one person.
We shall see then. When the one disappeared it was immediately replaced by the cauldron advisor. I don't recall ever not having two (once getting to the point to have 2) and technically I'm not in a new chapter yet in either of my cities. Could be timing with what the open quests wanted verses when they got done when starting a new chapter. In any event tomorrow is another day.

The Fairy

There are eight non-diamond ingredients, so without using diamonds, I can maximum use 23 ingredients of out 25 possible, choosing the continually lowest value Witch Points. That uses 6561 Witch points, with the next ingredient costing 878 witch points, taking me to 7439, more than the 7432 I am given with all research complete in Ch20.
From my observations the order you add the ingredients doesn't change the probabilities for the different effects but it does change the price. I think it is best to add all of one ingredient at a time, starting with the ingredient you want the most of.
1673331072386.png

The Fairy

anyone got any good fighting spell recipes?
so far it seems pretty random.

How do I increase the likelihood, one or more fighting spells will be activated from my recipe?
Is it the recipe itself that results in more fighting related spells being granted?
Or is there also a way to add spell frags or diamonds to also increase the odds of certain fighting spells being activated over others? Or are the spell frags just for increasing effects?

Any recipe related tips appreciated.
Try experimenting with different ingredients.
Adding spell fragments increases the chance of higher effect if you get one when drinking, but doesn't change the chance of getting an effect.
Buying ingredients with diamonds may help as you then have access to more different ingredients, but my diamonds are too valuable for that!

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
@Count Rupert
That's temporary. You would have lost the quests in a couple of weeks even if the cauldron was never invented.

Daily and weekly tasks called "seasons" are replacing the quests, the devs appear to have used this opportunity to first get rid of the old quests and introduce the cauldron at the same time.
Eventually, the cauldron line will finish though, and those quests will be replaced by seasons.

Last edited:

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Daily and weekly tasks called "seasons" are replacing the quests, the devs appear to have used this opportunity to first get rid of the old quests and introduce the cauldron at the same time.
Eventually, the cauldron line will finish though, and those quests will be replaced by seasons.
This is not the Beta thread so please limit discussion to live world issues. Wow that just sounds funny, but you get the meaning.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
do frags/:diamond: reset, or are they stuck like buy KP ?
Those don't go up, so there's nothing to reset

@Astram :
This is not the Beta thread so please limit discussion to live world issues. Wow that just sounds funny, but you get the meaning.
I don't think I should be expected to know where I am, that seems a bit too optimistic. ;)
*going back to edit off-topic comments*

Last edited:

The Fairy

Thus, you'd get the highest chance of single effect if you only apply the ingredient with the highest chance multiple times, but the Witch Point costs increase much more than if mixing ingredients.
I think it is more complicated than this. As I understand it all ingredients change the probabilities on all available effects, either positive or negative. So adding another ingredient which has lower positive influence on your desired effect may be better if it helps cancel out some of the other effects.

The Fairy

So each ingredient has a chance to effect the following potions. All values are lvl 1 percentages.
But if what @Lelanya states proves right next week for live worlds, then all this may be for nothing, and you'll need to check each week.
I don't think the way the ingredients influence the different effects change from week to week. What does change is which ingredients that cost diamonds, so unless you want to pay diamonds then you won't have the same ingredients available each week. Also, if you complete another chapter then you get another effect in your list and that changes the results too.

The Fairy

Any idea why we have such different % chances?
perhaps because you chose a diamond cost ingredient for your example?
I think it is because you have a different number of effects unlocked (that is a different number of completed chapter research). I don't think it influences the effect if the ingredients cost diamonds or witch points.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
From my observations the order you add the ingredients doesn't change the probabilities for the different effects but it does change the price. I think it is best to add all of one ingredient at a time, starting with the ingredient you want the most of.
Thanks for this, I was able to replicate this and get to 24 ingredients as well. So instead of clicking the cheapest each time, I clicked the same 3 times, then the next 3 times, etc, resulting in the same Witch Point costs as you.

I'll have to go back and check the maths for how that works out. Must be the difference in increase for same ingredient costs vs other ingredient cost.

1673339340191.png

Last edited: