• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
That is what concerns me (thinking of the new and small cities)

Ed

Regardless of what is tempting them, I would guess, since game launch, over 90% of new players over-scouted in their first city. The Facebook groups are full of comments from players, not yet in chapter 8, asking about the little green heads.

Mykan

Oh Wise One
If the Success Rate is the chance of getting anything from your potion what is the Critical Effect Chance?
Critical effect is for a more powerful benefit. I am not sure if I have seen this yet as the effect in the first place appears to be a range as I have had a few repeat successes of the same effect and had to choose whether to keep old or new. Usually these were close but I had one that was a lot better. But been a small town "better" was relative and not knowing the normal range..

Learning...thanks...the path I was on didn't let me take a break from filling the goblet. S It just made me use all my goblets till my goblets were gone. Maybe because my recipe didn't work.
That is exactly what it does (see comment below).
What I had not understood and wanted to test was whether the preparation was a separate process from the actual drinking of the potion. It seems that they are one and the same process.

When you make a brew that 1 brew is used to fill ALL the goblets. Your brewing and drinking of the goblets all happens at the same time, when you press brew. So you need to assess you risk appetite for success/failure before you press brew.

It may not be the most obvious but with the recipe below my chances for each goblet are:
  • 28% Supplies
  • 12% coins
  • 60% nothing (note 40% success rate means 60% chance of nothing)
  • 28 + 12 + 60 =100 each goblet rolls this probability based on the ingredients/recipe chosen
This was with 4 ingredients chosen
1673471880404.png

Had I chosen 25 ingredients my probability changes and every goblet would be successful
  • 57.7% coins
  • 42.3% supplies
  • 0% failure
1673472192686.png

The more ingredients the higher the chance of success. You can't get 100% success without diamonds and you can't buy more WP (witch points) until after you brew and these reset before the next week.

2 approach options (and a lot more in between)
  1. Spend as many ingredients as you can for best possible success. Then in study phase buy WP with excess resources to level up potions for next time
  2. Spend 1 ingredient and expect to fail. In study phase use remaining WP to level up potions for stronger effects in future

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
It might be best for there to be an iterative improvement process for a FAQ on this, and the developers (and forum community managers) really need to be part of the process on this particular topic.

I am most curious (and confused) about the level feature. I am really hoping it does not reset every week because I spent millions of witch points on getting one category to 80 (it is pretty much impossible to get to level 100 on the first turn) and everything else levels 20-40. But I a fly by the seat of my pants guy. I did get 5 successes. I am not positive how many were critical successes, maybe the ones with 16+ hours duration?

When do the results kick in?

Is there some interaction between potion results and levels?

Can I go back and review my results (for the potion)?
The levels are permanent and do not reset.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Learning...thanks...the path I was on didn't let me take a break from filling the goblet. S It just made me use all my goblets till my goblets were gone. Maybe because my recipe didn't work.
Mine had me drink right away too after I picked ingredients and couldn't go back inbetween either. It made me use all the sips at once bc I tried to go back again after the first sip to wait and couldn't.

Yavimaya

Scroll-Keeper
Critical effect is for a more powerful benefit. I am not sure if I have seen this yet as the effect in the first place appears to be a range as I have had a few repeat successes of the same effect and had to choose whether to keep old or new. Usually these were close but I had one that was a lot better. But been a small town "better" was relative and not knowing the normal range..

That is exactly what it does (see comment below).

When you make a brew that 1 brew is used to fill ALL the goblets. Your brewing and drinking of the goblets all happens at the same time, when you press brew. So you need to assess you risk appetite for success/failure before you press brew.

It may not be the most obvious but with the recipe below my chances for each goblet are:
  • 28% Supplies
  • 12% coins
  • 60% nothing (note 40% success rate means 60% chance of nothing)
  • 28 + 12 + 60 =100 each goblet rolls this probability based on the ingredients/recipe chosen
This was with 4 ingredients chosen
View attachment 14469

Had I chosen 25 ingredients my probability changes and every goblet would be successful
  • 57.7% coins
  • 42.3% supplies
  • 0% failure
View attachment 14471

The more ingredients the higher the chance of success. You can't get 100% success without diamonds and you can't buy more WP (witch points) until after you brew and these reset before the next week.

2 approach options (and a lot more in between)
  1. Spend as many ingredients as you can for best possible success. Then in study phase buy WP with excess resources to level up potions for next time
  2. Spend 1 ingredient and expect to fail. In study phase use remaining WP to level up potions for stronger effects in future
Ty!

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
You can't get 100% success without diamonds
You can get awfully close, though. @iamthouth's example here used 24 ingredients with no diamonds and had a 98% chance of success.

I haven't actually brewed anything yet because I'm waiting for the FA to start in hopes of getting a coin boost. However, the main thing I have noticed is that you get access to the first two options, coin and supply increases, even if you haven't finished any chapters fully. My Ceravyn city is only at the end of chapter 6 and has not finished any chapters fully for diplomas, but still gets those two possibilities when I play around with the ingredients. So anyone who unlocks the Cauldron will have the possibility of using those two. I haven't tested it yet but this probably also means that if you're starting from zero, the first two chapters you finish won't unlock anything new since you already have two effects available.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
On page 8 I've posted a 25 ingredient combination too that was possible within the Ch20 All-research-completed Witch Point allocation. I have found 3 such combinations so far, I am working my way through the sequence options.
Thank you! I thought I had seen that conclusion somewhere but missed the post skimming through the thread again.

Zariantha

I read that witch points to buy ingredients are awarded each week based on research progress. Does that mean chapter research? If so, isn't that going to be difficult in higher chapters where completing even one research a week can get tough?

Killy-

I read that witch points to buy ingredients are awarded each week based on research progress. Does that mean chapter research? If so, isn't that going to be difficult in higher chapters where completing even one research a week can get tough?
Based on total research so far (each research adds points equal to the chapter number of that research). You don't need to do new research.

StarLoad

Regardless of what is tempting them, I would guess, since game launch, over 90% of new players over-scouted in their first city. The Facebook groups are full of comments from players, not yet in chapter 8, asking about the little green heads.
While that might be a true statement, do we need to encourage the continuation of this kind of behavior or action?

Ed

BrinDarby

Its stupid to be forced to use ALL goblets each week
on just 1 recipie..... ( hint to Inno : thats only 1 chance
to entice players to spend diamonds )

Astram

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Its stupid to be forced to use ALL goblets each week
on just 1 recipie..... ( hint to Inno : thats only 1 chance
to entice players to spend diamonds )
It is designed to be used every week. You can choose to make a goblet(s) or not. There is no force ( this isn't Star Wars ) involved, and the limit makes it fair for all players no matter the chapter they are in.

iamthouth

Tetris Master
Is there a mathematician in the house, or can this be read from game files?
What is the theoretical lowest cost of 25 ingredients in the brewing phase? For 8 non-diamond ingredients, is the possible combinations 25^25, 25^8, or 8^25? What is the formula for increases?

It seems to be roughly 1.54 for same resource, and roughly 1.1 for different resource. Perhaps someone can run this in a programming language?

The lowest Witch Point costs for 25 ingredients I've found is 7383, 7419, and 7432, the latter being the same as Ch20 all research completed Witch point allocation.

StarLoad

What is the theoretical lowest cost of 25 ingredients in the brewing phase? For 8 non-diamond ingredients, is the possible combinations 25^25, 25^8, or 8^25? What is the formula for increases?

It seems to be roughly 1.54 for same resource, and roughly 1.1 for different resource. Perhaps someone can run this in a programming language?

The lowest Witch Point costs for 25 ingredients I've found is 7383, 7419, and 7432, the latter being the same as Ch20 all research completed Witch point allocation.
Either on Beta or @SoggyShorts

The Fairy

Scroll-Keeper, Buddy Fan Club Member

I haven't done any detailed calculations (yet). From my experiments I think the lowest cost is start with 4 of one of the ingredients, then 3 of the next, then 3 of the next and so on. But I may be wrong.