• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Discussion The Cauldron - Discussion Thread

muffy.

Chef - Scroll-Keeper - Chandelier Swinger - EAA
Don’t forget to use all your witch points and goblets before the Cauldron resets . They don’t roll over to the next one that will restart on Sunday

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
Don’t forget to use all your witch points and goblets before the Cauldron resets . They don’t roll over to the next one that will restart on Sunday
About that...
Im assume all witch points reset. But jsut to make sure, does the point you gain from trading in resources in order to power up spells, reset back to 0 each week as well?
Example; if i trade in a bunch of coins for points but forget to actually use the points... do i keep those or does it reset back to 0?

Enevhar Aldarion

Oh Wise One
About that...
Im assume all witch points reset. But jsut to make sure, does the point you gain from trading in resources in order to power up spells, reset back to 0 each week as well?
Example; if i trade in a bunch of coins for points but forget to actually use the points... do i keep those or does it reset back to 0?

Nothing in the Study screen resets or is lost. Only the free weekly witch points go away if they are not used on either screen.

quin629

Grrr. Read the Wiki that the Sorceress goes walkabout "every Saturday morning". Never looked at the timer. Didn't realize it meant "Friday afternoon".

Oh, well. Will do better next week

Tuschunreal

i was naïve. I only used one ingredient. I was focused on the messages to try different ingredients that I was gonna try 4 different sets of ingredients. Alas, you can only try different ingredients from week to week. So it will be years before I try all the combinations. I suppose it will give me something to look forward to.....I did make it work in another city I have. I got increased coin production. When out of the cauldron and back in my city I could not figure out how to tell I had increased coin production. Anyone know how you tell?

defiantoneks

i would like to see some improvements in the interface:
- on desktop vs mobile the location of diplomas and witch points in the study panel flip/flops
- on mobile, when you have the study panel open you can no longer see or access your inventory. so if you're donating, you cant track your totals as you go.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
For the moment, i stand by my earlier comment about not liking having to use all the goblets at once instead of being able to use them through out the week (on the one potion made for that week).

I also find it a little odd, and highly inconvient, that we cant make 'donations' for powering up effects while the witch is out of town. That seems rather pointless and backwards. I can rule the city but i cant make a donation on saterday... -_- That rly shouldnt have a time limit on that part.

I also think the timer needs to be moved/adjusted. Its so easy to miss that small red number in the upper left of the window (on browser).

Cauldron_01.png

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Seems also wayyy tooo slanted to bigger cities...
they get many more goblets week in, week out.
How so? 2,000 tournament points = max goblets, no?
Edit: forgot about minimum provinces in the first tutorial chapters, so yes those in chapters 1-3 get fewer goblets

OIM20

When out of the cauldron and back in my city I could not figure out how to tell I had increased coin production. Anyone know how you tell?
Click on the building producing coins when the potion is in effect. Hover over the amount of coins produced. You'll see something like this:

lvl 19 res.jpg

where the potion's effects should show up in green like the culture bonus does in this image. It will say something like "potion effect" - I don't remember the exact verbiage used on my manus.

Flashfyre

i was naïve. I only used one ingredient. I was focused on the messages to try different ingredients that I was gonna try 4 different sets of ingredients. Alas, you can only try different ingredients from week to week. So it will be years before I try all the combinations. I suppose it will give me something to look forward to.....I did make it work in another city I have. I got increased coin production. When out of the cauldron and back in my city I could not figure out how to tell I had increased coin production. Anyone know how you tell?
You don't have to actually brew with 1 ingredient to see what it can do. Nor will it take you years to find out what each ingredient does. Put 1 ingredient in the cauldron, look at the possible boosts, and note which one is the highest. Then use the Remove button to empty the cauldron and try another. Within a few minutes, you can learn what each ingredient does, without wasting goblets.

Experimenting with ingredient mixtures is easy: drop 1 in, look at the boosts and chances. Drop a different 1 in, see what changes. A 3rd, and a 4th, etc. Same thing with seeing how many of 1 ingredient you need to a) get the best chance boost you want and b) find out what the success rate is for each goblet used.

Then remove all the ingredients and try a different recipe. Once you find a mix that you like, make a note of it for future use.