• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

WHY would you play a game and not participate...??

Myne

Oh Wise One
If you play a game that offers mega rewards for playing tournaments and doing spire, why would you do NONE of those? (compared to sitting with your finger up your nose, they are mega rewards) Why would you refuse to participate in FA if half your fellowship is? (These are newer players not oldies, and notice I did not mention rewards, yes, I know they are not good) Heck, why would you join a fellowship at all, as you are getting absolutely nothing out of it.
Rant over.
I am about to institute minimum requirements for membership. I do not know why I thought folks would follow examples of other productive members. Any suggestions for how I should word it other than put up or shut up...shoot I can't say that because they never interact. I could say get the H E double hockey sticks out, but that would be insulting and I am not about that. Words fail me right now. Suggestions please.

defiantoneks

maybe try something like:

Hey team, I'm trying to optimize our FS performance and need to know your motivations/desires for us as a group.

List out benefits/goals you want to achieve and ask "who's in?"

Once you have a set of goals, politely say "in order for everyone to meet our new direction, please let me know if you can do this, or if you'd like to move on to a place that better suits your gameplay"

Myne

Oh Wise One
In my other FS I have a minimum 500 pts. I don't think that is asking too much. That's 10 provinces in round one. I think that is a good minimum. Of course exceptions are made for newbies to the game, especially since the research tree has been changed. I do not have a minimum or a requirement for spire, does anyone else institute one?
I do participate in FA because I have found it does foster good relations during communications about progress and such. Does anyone require participation?

Alram

Flippers just flip
I agree with defiant. Tell people what you are doing and if they aren't interested, wish them well. I happily removed myself from a gold/10 chest FS that decided to go from casual FA to #3 and climbing. :)
People play for all kinds of reasons. None are wrong. If you don't have clearly stated and enforced minimum participation rules, you really can't complain.

Dew Spinner

If you play a game that offers mega rewards for playing tournaments and doing spire, why would you do NONE of those? (compared to sitting with your finger up your nose, they are mega rewards) Why would you refuse to participate in FA if half your fellowship is? (These are newer players not oldies, and notice I did not mention rewards, yes, I know they are not good) Heck, why would you join a fellowship at all, as you are getting absolutely nothing out of it.
Rant over.
I am about to institute minimum requirements for membership. I do not know why I thought folks would follow examples of other productive members. Any suggestions for how I should word it other than put up or shut up...shoot I can't say that because they never interact. I could say get the H E double hockey sticks out, but that would be insulting and I am not about that. Words fail me right now. Suggestions please.
They want the same rewards for next to no effort, it is up to the AM to put a stop to that, you will lose a lot of good players because of it. I have left several FSs for the exact same reason, I am doing 10,800 pts each week in Tournament and I will be damned if someone is going to get the same prizes for 300 pts. After bringing it up to the AM privately and nothing gets done about it, I just leave. And you would be surprised how many of the coat tailers are higher chapter players than me.

Myne

Oh Wise One
They want the same rewards for next to no effort, it is up to the AM to put a stop to that, you will lose a lot of good players because of it. I have left several FSs for the exact same reason, I am doing 10,800 pts each week in Tournament and I will be damned if someone is going to get the same prizes for 300 pts. After bringing it up to the AM privately and nothing gets done about it, I just leave. And you would be surprised how many of the coat tailers are higher chapter players than me.
HA! no I wouldn't.
I am mentally dictating my message.

Myne

Oh Wise One
And believe it or not, your FS members will respect you for it. I believe the players who coat tail do it because they don't respect their AM and/or know that they are weak and will let them get away with it.
I have experienced that in my other FA. THIS fellowship is a whole other ballgame!

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
I was the mage in charge of compiling slacker reports. Each week, I sent a list of everyone that failed to meet the mins to the AM. Each week nothing happened, not even a reply he received it. Like @Dew Spinner, I removed myself from the equation and let people to play the way they wanted. 4 more people followed me out. So to go to the next step, don't create minimums if you're not going to enforce them either.

Dew Spinner

I was the mage in charge of compiling slacker reports. Each week, I sent a list of everyone that failed to meet the mins to the AM. Each week nothing happened, not even a reply he received it. Like @Dew Spinner, I removed myself from the equation and let people to play the way they wanted. 4 more people followed me out. So to go to the next step, don't create minimums if you're not going to enforce them either.
There are a lot of AMs out there that care more about Rank Pts then actual ability to play the game successfully and a lot that
would rather keep slackers than have to recruit.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
In my other FS I have a minimum 500 pts. I don't think that is asking too much. That's 10 provinces in round one. I think that is a good minimum. Of course exceptions are made for newbies to the game, especially since the research tree has been changed. I do not have a minimum or a requirement for spire, does anyone else institute one?
I do participate in FA because I have found it does foster good relations during commu nications about progress and such. Does anyone require participation?
We have a 1000 point minimum "if" you play. In other words, no 30 point people getting 15 chests. (or 12, our usual ... but it was 15 this time). I tell them that once they start playing the tourney that week, they are committed to getting 1000 points. If they know they'll be too busy that week to make it, then they should just opt out. No one gets the rewards for minimal effort, but at least that allows people who have an unusual schedule (like mine, for example ... 20 hours a week every week for 7 weeks, then 60 hours for the eighth week, and then back again) to feel like they aren't letting the team down. Okay, I do make the minimum even in crazy weeks, but just sayin I could opt out if I wanted to.

I am thinking of changing it to a mandatory minimum 1000, with a message to me if they have something going on and can't make it. It sounds simpler, but I don't know. I do know your idea of rules is important. Without them, you can't grow into a really competitive team. There are a ton of casuals out there, but top teams are hard to find. We're striving for that, too. Good luck to you, Myne.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
And by the way, I sympathize with your FA problem too. We have several who haven't done anything (although two of them with good cause, so I'm not complaining about them). We announced well over a month ago that we were "going all out" to get into the top 3 this time. Most have been great and worked hard. One put up 4 workshops and 2 t1s, but she's gotten every prize so far (we're in the pit). Others have 100s of ws and t1s and are using up their time instants and coin rains. I don't know why some people help and others don't. It's the same in the world ... some people care and some don't. But in all fairnessm some people have such stressful lives that they just treat Elvenar as a diversion, not a commitment to a team. But those people should, in all fairness to both themselves and the team, be in a casual fellowship, not a top 50 competitive one. Maybe they just don't know which is which, and you may be doing them a service by pointing out they are mismatched.

Valtitude

And by the way, I sympathize with your FA problem too. We have several who haven't done anything (although two of them with good cause, so I'm not complaining about them). We announced well over a month ago that we were "going all out" to get into the top 3 this time. Most have been great and worked hard. One put up 4 workshops and 2 t1s, but she's gotten every prize so far (we're in the pit). Others have 100s of ws and t1s and are using up their time instants and coin rains. I don't know why some people help and others don't. It's the same in the world ... some people care and some don't. But in all fairnessm some people have such stressful lives that they just treat Elvenar as a diversion, not a commitment to a team. But those people should, in all fairness to both themselves and the team, be in a casual fellowship, not a top 50 competitive one. Maybe they just don't know which is which, and you may be doing them a service by pointing out they are mismatched.
I'm not great with FAs because I'm not on the game many times each day. I do what I can, add extra buildings, try to be attentive to FS weigh point needs. Have only played in one FA that was so well managed it was a lot of fun. We got all three paths done in each stage and had terrific rewards at the end. This was awhile ago. lol
I now hit the Pit as often as I can and I'm being honest, not negative.