• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Feedback Fellowship Adventures - 2023

defiantoneks

If you don't organize who is building which badges,
true, but not only is that part about who is making what, but exactly how many… plus, reality. you cant organize who had to go pick up the kids and were late here & there, or who had a storm and lost net, or power, or who had to work later than expected, yada yada yada. and since there's little to zero "control" over where the badges get spent, even the slightest miscommunication or a misclick totally hoses the "plan".

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
Tell ta what Soggy, you tell me your highest CH acct
I only play in Winyandor and there I've been in chapter 17 for 2 days.
a marble factory and the Magic residence to support it each take up an expansion.
Why give the CH13 player 4x ghost badges per round ?
Because they've earned it. (and it's really expensive to do so)

defiantoneks

So you don't even have to use max T1 bldgs.....
i think thats the balancing act for all FS. everyone complains about this advantage or that advantage with whatever city size you have, but if your FS has a good mix of all city sizes the badges balance out. You just have to know and plan accordingly. That CH5 city wont be able to do as much in tourney to get battle badges, and wont have space as effectively used as for BS badges etc. A big city struggles for shackles but can gather a ton of witch hats and ghosts and marbles and such.

edit: that planning and separation of badge making is where the "who donates when and where" problem arises with impatient people.

BrinDarby

I only play in Winyandor
I need all 3 pieces of info Soggy.....
So CH17 , now....
including 17 research, what's the highest marble u can make ?
including research, whats the highest residence u can make ?
If u placed + research, how many total expansions would u have ?
edit : I also need amount for 1 bracelet @ CH17. ( or wanna do CH16 )
since u prolly haven't research much yet, that will effect this ??

Last edited:

free-spirit

I think it's nice that a small city can contribute in some sort of way.

My ch3 city was really only able to make bracelets. I don't have enough provinces open for ghosts, marbles or witches' hats from the tournament. The city is too small to make a lot of workshops for blacksmiths, farmers, carpenters, etc, while I do complete the Spire weekly, most new players won't, so that reduces the staff badges and makes residue more difficult. I found coin badges very difficult to earn. It took 2 days to get 1 coin badge. So being able to make bracelets, or a handful of statues or necklaces is pretty much what a small starter city can do.

BrinDarby

edit: that planning and separation of badge making is where the "who donates when and where" problem arises with impatient people.
Soooooo true, and any top 3 FA Fellowship, better have learned that lesson.
Prolly why Thorny only got 4th , roflmao......

free-spirit

FreeSpirit, sounds like ur city is no slouch and works well.
My CH3 cities, are built the same way... lean/mean....
and I had the same prob there you did, but teamwork
takes all kinds..... kudos to ya, really kudos....
Thanks, I have a CH20 city in F. I had FOMO and made a rash decision to start a new city in C to join The Anthill™. It's interesting how much I've forgotten about being a new player. A lot of the current features were not around when my big city was started.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
We don't give chapter 3 cities the ability to get hundreds of GP,
so why allow them to get 100s of bracelet badges?
Because they don't seem to let early chap cities make anything else anymore with the early game changes these days. Some players still want to feel like a productive member of the fellowship. Bracelets is what the game gave them in the give and take so they've taken it.

Because they've earned it.
I know you're on casual chill mode these days with your elf gaming and I get the sense a lot of it has to do with boredom, being jaded, and "been there, done that" with lack of need to prove anything to yourself or anyone else. I totally get that and I hear you. But if that's the case for you, then how come there isn't room for other people to play experimental cities because they too, might just be bored and want to try playing the game "differently" to change things up and keep themselves entertained and engaged outside running the same Spire/Tourney hamster wheel? There seems to be some expected standard of how this game needs to go or how people should choose to use their free time. They must fit the mold of playing the game a certain way, perhaps one that would eventually also lead to boredom and abandonment, or be looked upon with scorn and disdain.

I have predominantly fighting cities, but I have since played with some experimental catering cities that have opened up my eyes to unique and different approaches to the game that I hadn't think of. I have learned a lot from watching them. We recently did a 19th chest push and this little chapter 3 city almost hit 7k in tourney while taking 0 feeder trades from her big brothers and sisters in the fellowship. On non-push weeks, she can pull 5500 in tourney without skipping a beat. The puzzle keeping her entertained is how to continue scouting provinces that cost more than her Main Hall's capacity. Yes, it's an artificial barrier/situation she created for herself, but that *is* the idea as defined by her own in-game goals. She does this while she is otherwise bored out of her mind in chapter 18 with her bigger city in another world. For the rest of us, as long as she gets her Spire and tourney in, she can do whatever she wants and it's a funny experiment that brings awe and entertainment to watch unfold. As far as I'm concerned, she's "earned" every single one of those ghost badges as a chap 3 city. If she were to start a new city with the new game rules, I get she'd have to change her goal post of what she is doing with her experimental city, but I'd still be fine with her doing whatever she wants to her city as long as she meets our Spire and tourney requirements. It's intriguing and funny enough to make me want to try it too, but unfortunately, I've recently signed up for a different experiment that we have to watch play out. Our experimental city concept idea will likely end in the complete opposite spectrum, one of complete inefficiency and incompetence. Then it'll become a hilarious observation of just how inefficient and incompetent, but we won't know until it plays itself out. No point in doing experiments if you already know the outcome. Who knows, maybe we'll all be surprised that is actually an effective game strategy, in which case, we would have learned something new. Whatever the case, it will at least ensure we're all entertained in the meantime. And that's how I choose to use my free time and the sandbox given to me that is Elvenar.

SoggyShorts

how come there isn't room for other people to play experimental cities
Of course there is , and I very clearly said so:
  • Distinguishing "real" cities from what are effectively push accounts isn't a simple task.
  • Likewise, there's an argument to be made for niche playstyles like Dom & Brin who are (presumably) having fun staying in the same chapter for years- ideally, they should be able to participate meaningfully without balance disruption.
My only point with bracelets and tiny towns is that it shouldn't be so easy/tempting/fast to make push accounts for the FA.
If it were up to me, all towns could reasonably make all badges, but with a slight favoring toward advanced cities who've put the time in. For example your FS member in chapter 3 with 200+ provinces and getting 7k in the tournament? She clearly deserves every tournament badge she's earned.

As I also said, it isn't a big deal right now, but if inno ever gives in to player requests and puts up some real prizes for the FA before taking a hard look at badge balances it's going to be a total [MOD EDIT] dumpster fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

but with a slight favoring toward advanced cities who've put the time in.
Ok Soggy, my 2 CH3 cities are advanced, I put in the time.
I did everything you and others told me. I balanced my reg
production after adding event bldgs. I only trade 2*, I make
more than I use each week, so self sustainable... Its not like
I build from the ground up a FA city, or even did that thru
a retrofit of a city..... ohh no.

Contrast that with an "alt" acct. That per Tos is illegal, yet
is never enforced. [MOD EDIT] Alt accts skew FAs
more than uneven badges/ch. Inno allows farms, and those
cities are kinda meant to be played differently than that
players's main city. So why not try something new.

Personally Soggy, if we're talking uneven badges, then it
is up to Inno to rebalance out, using # of badges need'd
for specific WPs. Inno cannot.... thats right Cannot make
req's mainly for advanced FA FSs, or most average FSs
will never get anywhere.

You might have forgot, but event bldgs lagg behind
what the Spire will ask for, for upancomming cities.
Its always 1-2 CHs behind. When you need T2 and get T1
then you balance that out with reg production, yet it
seems everything you get for awhile only gives T1.

I look'd @ the table for req's of Bracelets...
4-5 of the lowest 8 CHs, had thier req lowered, not raised.
Inno must know something we don't, yet for those same
CH players ... Coins can be a comple unfair nightmare.

and it never made sence to me, that Brewery badges
can be done in 2min, 3min, 4min, or 5min intervals,
just by using the lowest lvl workshops (2min), yet a "real"
city takes 5min per workshop. Everything shold be 5min.

Inno seem to wants shantytowns, they seem to want
players to play to the strength of thier city. "pppppp"
Proper planning prevents piss poor performance !
You certainly don't have a steel player do T1s, you
have them do workshops. Plank and Marble boosted
players should do the T1s (shanties). So why can't we
make the same distinction with bracelets ??? You let
the lower CH players do them, and let the bigger
cities focus on something else ???

I like the fact that a top tier FA FS, needs all kinds, and
that there's hope that smaller cities can join bigger FSs.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

You certainly don't have a steel player do T1s, you
have them do workshops. Plank and Marble boosted
players should do the T1s (shanties). So why can't we
make the same distinction with bracelets ??? You let
the lower CH players do them, and let the bigger
cities focus on something else ???
I prefer going in another direction: Make it so players of all sizes can participate meaningfully and make badges in accordance with their playstyle, not dictated by their chapter.
I like the fact that a top tier FA FS, needs all kinds, and
that there's hope that smaller cities can join bigger FSs.
I too like that there is a use for smaller players in a FS, but I don't like fellowships being effectively forced to bring in one kind of (push) account to compete.

BrinDarby

Make it so players of all sizes can participate meaningfully and make badges in accordance with their playstyle, not dictated by their chapter.
Badge amounts then tied to CH would have to completely
reworked, exactly how then would you fix that ??

but I don't like fellowships being effectively forced to bring in one kind of (push) account
I like the fact that a top tier FA FS, needs all kinds,
therefore prolly no more than 20/25 top CH players.

Soggy, lets think thru this tho..... the biggest problem Top FSs have
is replacing 1-2 ppl, as gentrification occurs and ppl leave....
Now, that top FS can groom a better candidate rather than just
replacing a huge city with another huge city. Even if these cities
progress, while they do they are usefull for FAs.

Does your FS have any "alts" or "FA only transplants" , do you
think either is legal/ethical ?? To me, both are suspect :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

Soggy, lets think thru this tho..... the biggest problem Top FSs have
is replacing 1-2 ppl, as gentrification occurs and ppl leave....
Now, that top FS can groom a better candidate rather than just
replacing a huge city with another huge city.
Except that finding such a payer is way harder than bringing in/making an alt push account.
Does your FS have any "alts" or "FA only transplants" , do you
think either is legal/ethical ?
No, no, and no.
For FA's anyways. I myself have been used as a ringer for the spire when US4 loses a player or has too many on vacation to get Gold.
Is that ethical? I don't know, but I figure since the spire (unlike the FA) isn't PvP it's OK.
Make it so players of all sizes can participate meaningfully and make badges in accordance with their playstyle, not dictated by their chapter.
Badge amounts then tied to CH would have to completely
reworked, exactly how then would you fix that ?
Exactly as you say: reworked and rebalanced.

Qertusa

Hello from Europe Guys and Girls.

We see our discussion about the small FA Citys.
We manged to get 215.000 Points last FA with only one City than produce Bracelets and Coins.

Player => https://www.elvenstats.com/player/de4/848893738
Player City => https://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/9e933d3a35794d9092810c558e885a44/

Yeah it is an old city with access to the Spire and Tournament in Chapter 3.
In This FA the city produced ~5.500 Bracelets Badges and ~3500 Coin Badges

And yeah this Acc's are insanely unfair and give some FA's advanteges.

In Europe we fight hard over the different Countrys in the FA. en3 (212.000) and de4 (215.000) are the Top FA Worlds in Europe afik.

Any Informations about hardcore FA's here in the us? to compete over the Ocean? ;)

Sorry English is not my native language but i try it.

SoggyShorts

an old city with access to the Spire and Tournament in Chapter 3.
In This FA the city produced ~5.500 Bracelets Badges and ~3500 Coin Badges
In Europe we fight hard over the different Countrys in the FA. en3 (212.000) and de4 (215.000) are the Top FA Worlds in Europe afik.
And this is for total trash prizes. Imagine the outrage if there was something real to fight for...

defiantoneks

sounds to me like the shanty cities and alts would be of little to no worth if all cities were treated equally. instead of placing an advantage for a CH5 city for shackles, if requirements were proportional across the board, people would feel less of a "need" to cultivate an alt/fa city and just play like a single city, and have more real everyday players.