• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

They've ruined the tournament

Gkyr

Chef
I just noticed a new "feature" :eek: on the tourney. Whenever you complete a province, you are automatically moved back to province number one. WHAT IS THE POINT???
I am sorry that you are experiencing this. Are you PC? This is not happening on my PC and I have animations enabled. If you want the cute animations in the city view but dont want the motion during Tournies, perhaps changing servers or video settings might help? Any PC experts ready to chime in on this?
Most of the time I like the change, but it doesn't always make the swoop. Not sure yet when it does the swoop vs back to the usual list.
That is interesting. Perhaps if we are all explicit about what platform, browser, version, settings we use we might get to the bottom of this rather than curse Elvenar which, after all, has the daunting task to deliver a working game to our plethora of devices and settings.

Nectar of the Gods

I am on PC. This definitely is happening. I also suffer from motion sickness. It is not a rare condition. It is estimated that 1 in 3 people in the U.S. suffers from it at some time in their life. The background map moves and I have to close my eyes to get through tourney, which delays my progress. It is misery.

This is a bad addition to the game. It is making a feature I already do not care for painful for me. I hope Inno will reconsider it. I shouldn't have to fight motion sickness to play this game.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I am sorry that you are experiencing this. Are you PC? This is not happening on my PC and I have animations enabled. If you want the cute animations in the city view but dont want the motion during Tournies, perhaps changing servers or video settings might help? Any PC experts ready to chime in on this?

That is interesting. Perhaps if we are all explicit about what platform, browser, version, settings we use we might get to the bottom of this rather than curse Elvenar which, after all, has the daunting task to deliver a working game to our plethora of devices and settings.
Yes, I'm on PC, but I'm not sure it would be different otherwise. Thank you, though ... I appreciate the kind words.

StarLoad

The effect is also based on how you do the tourney:
If are you doing 6 rounds of each province - Then no effect and it moves you along as you go.
If you do 1 round at a time then the first pass - Then no effect and it moves you along as you go without needing the overview.
If you do a second or later round - You can follow the screen from lowest to end without the overview OR use the overview and the background screen WILL move to the lowest province and when you click on the desired province the map moves again.
If you Choose to Start round 2 and after at the highest using the overview the screen WILL move behind the overview before you click and after you click.

This is how the Browser version is working with or without animations

Ed

Gkyr

Chef
This isn't about strategy. Anything that makes a person physically ill should not be a part of a game.
Let me be specific; I entered that post quickly without registering the complaint about motion sickness. What I meant was, I love the way the Tournament was functioning. No I do not love the fact that some of my mates are getting uncomfortable. I was addressing the 'change' that had been asked for, that I thought was operating, which evidently is not as yet operating at all. That 'change' may have an effect upon how one strategizes playing the Tournament; it had no component asking for additional (and nauseating) animations. A sweeping motion of the world map now sometimes appears on my PC. I am able to ignore it (never even noticed it) but I would like it to go away for the sake of my mates' gaming enjoyment.

defiantoneks

tbh i don't know what anyone is seeing or experiencing. i usually go 1 through whatever in order, lowest to highest. the next battle is offers is always the next, because I dont go out of order. The only time i see it jumping back to where i don't want to go is if i skip a battle (say it's defeating me a lot or wants goods i dont feel like donating). Only then does it continue to take me back to the skipped battle, because it's the lowest open one. so if that's the case, yeah i get it.

what could be useful is instead of this behavior, offer a "skip" or "hold" option on some battles. maybe.

Mirai

I love it. Adapt your strategy and you can love it, too. It speeds things up and, OMG, we need to trim our tourny times.
I play on mobile and have always had this disorienting screen-grabby thing: which LAGS way too much for anyone to pretend it speeds things up in any way.
Don't grab my screen out of my hands, and don't lean on my chair, either. In other words, thanks, Inno, but I hate it.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
The only time i see it jumping back to where i don't want to go is if i skip a battle (say it's defeating me a lot or wants goods i dont feel like donating). Only then does it continue to take me back to the skipped battle, because it's the lowest open one. so if that's the case, yeah i get it.

what could be useful is instead of this behavior, offer a "skip" or "hold" option on some battles. maybe.
Yes, this is what we are talking about. Some players (myself included) like to do the hardest, most expensive encounters first. So once we have opened up all the provinces in round 1, we do each remaining round of the tournament starting with the final province and work backwards to province 1. If you are using this strategy, the map now moves and jumps to tournament province 1 after every single tournament encounter. These constant movements are what is causing problems for players with motion sickness issues.

hvariidh gwendrot

i am a like it vote as i can grab coin provinces without it resetting the entire process, then it moves me to the next province in sequential order, if you use the tent thingie and have provinces all listed you avoid the ai moving you about and can go in any order you wish

Gkyr

Chef
I play on mobile and have always had this disorienting screen-grabby thing: which LAGS way too much for anyone to pretend it speeds things up in any way.
Don't grab my screen out of my hands, and don't lean on my chair, either. In other words, thanks, Inno, but I hate it.
Yeah. Mobile is an oral vacuum.

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yes, you are correct. Gykr is not to blame, and I do apologize for that, I was out of line.
I blame FA and the , hmm, shall we say blithe attitude from the Devs lately.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
Thanks everyone, for the support. I'm hoping it's a temporary thing.

Shutting my eyes does help a little. :)

Gkyr

Chef
The Tourney experience today has convinced me that the default to the lowest open province has been implemented. What else has been implemented is that the Devs have taken it upon themselves to animate the shift to lowest open by means of map motion, which was not part of the original suggestion that can be seen here.

samidodamage

Buddy Fan Club member
default to the lowest open province has been implemented.
Unless I'm misunderstanding your suggestion that was forwarded, I'm not seeing it.

From your idea:
"...But from the World screen when the Tourney tent pavilion icon is selected, the Tourney always opens to default window 1.
Players who have advanced in the Tourney have to click 2, 3, or 4 more times, or end-click and backtrack in order to find the next easiest encounter.
Proposal: Tourney tent icon function always defaults to the lowest window with an active green button (displaying 'open' or timer) and skips lower windows with all eight greyed-out buttons..."

In one city I have completed 32x6 provinces, the other 34x6. The tent icon opens on p1 in both cities. Pps 1-4 are all greyed out. The way I read your proposal, I would have expected both cities to click on the tent icon and have the window open to p5.