• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

0-1 Star Trade Warning

BrinDarby

[MOD EDIT] Graphic Removed

@SoggyShorts , like this ?? what did I forget ??
Everything became a button ..... no dropdowns.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrinDarby

Since the window opens to a set dimension,
I only add'd 1 deal worth of hight. That in
turn, gave the space so stuff isnt smush'd
all together.

Filters are :
Fellowship, Fee, Crosstrade, Basic, Sentient,
Ascended, 0-3 stars combineable, and the
normal dropdowns there already are....

Can anyone think of a filter I forgot ?

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I only add'd 1 deal worth of hight.
Ooooh I think that's an issue.
We've asked for years to simply make windows bigger and for some reason that's a problem.
Gotta work within the space provided.

Also must consider mobile, can't make that bigger either.

defiantoneks

not to start a whole new debate, but does anyone really use the checkboxes for standard/sentient/ascended?
when i am trading, i am typically looking for a specific good being offered or demanded and use the DDL for that. but that's me.

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
not to start a whole new debate, but does anyone really use the checkboxes for standard/sentient/ascended?
Yes, all the time. I like to help out with sentient trades since I massively over produce and same-tier sentient are all worth the same to me.
So I want to see just those and not a bajillion cross trades of regular goods.

BrinDarby

Very sry @Astram , I didn't know to block names...... yikes, sry....

reposting correctly......
1674409621315.png

Attachments

• 1674409516018.png
    1674409516018.png
    74 KB · Views: 26

BrinDarby

Soggy, in reality if I was actually coding that window,
there are 1 pixel here and 1 pixel there kinda stuff that
would allow all 8 offers, yet no incease in window size
and visually everything symetrical and arranged.

hvariidh gwendrot

as always i am still playing on a giant 4x5 =20 feet square screen, so i don't have a problem seeing what star it is, so for those playing on tablet or app with tiny screens, it is probably hard to see, but the fact this thread is about 0 star trades means people are seeing the listings as 0, 1, 2. and 3 star trades, and want a pop up saying again it's the type of trade listed already ?

elvenbee

as always i am still playing on a giant 4x5 =20 feet square screen, so i don't have a problem seeing what star it is, so for those playing on tablet or app with tiny screens, it is probably hard to see, but the fact this thread is about 0 star trades means people are seeing the listings as 0, 1, 2. and 3 star trades, and want a pop up saying again it's the type of trade listed already ?
When playing on mobile, you don't see what type of star trade it is, just what goods you are trading and the quantity. So, my original intent with the thread was a pop-up asking the player to confirm when they were posting a 0-1 star trade, in case they are making an error. This is more geared for newer players or mobile players, not veteran players. It would be an optional feature that could be turned off, so veterans wouldn't have to use it, but newer/mobile players could help have a safety check while they are learning.

The thread kinda got hijacked and went into the direction of filters, but it's also a good idea.

BrinDarby

Sry @elvenbee ,
as a PC player, I did try the app long ago and thought
the stars were still there. I kinda dont get a popup on
posting, why not a popup on accepting ?? When I did
try the app it was on a 11" tablet, not a 5" phone.

I think for you, we need to get those stars displayed, asap.

elvenbee

Sry @elvenbee ,
as a PC player, I did try the app long ago and thought
the stars were still there. I kinda dont get a popup on
posting, why not a popup on accepting ?? When I did
try the app it was on a 11" tablet, not a 5" phone.

I think for you, we need to get those stars displayed, asap.
This isn't about accepting trades, it's about posting trades. We've had multiple newer players that have posted 0-1 star trades when that is not their intention. They play on mobile and it wasn't caught until hours after they posted, because one of our other FS members brought it up.

I play on both PC and my phone, and I utterly refuse to post trades when I'm on my phone. The processes are different between PC and mobile; the only similarity is that you cannot see what # star trade you are posting on either platform . You can only see the amount of goods you are posting and demanding.

On mobile, it's the quick click of a "Confirm" then a trader symbol with a green checkmark pops up and goes away quickly.
On PC, you click "Confirm" then a box pops up showing you a confirmation of what is trade is posted.

Again, no mention of 0 Stars, 1 Star, 2 Stars, or 3 Stars on either version. At least with PC, you get the confirmation box of what was posted.

Having a pop-up box that could be turned on/off for 0-1 Star Trades would help newer/mobile players that are getting the hang of trading. It would help them prevent mistakes, because we are human and mistakes happen, that they didn't notice until later or too late. Since not everyone would consider 0-1 Star Trades a mistake (that's a completely different debate, we're not discussing that aspect), it would be a feature that could be turned off for those players.

I took screenshots and snips, but it's not letting me post them because the files are too large, so I uploaded them to Imgur. The first two images are a mobile trade and the last two are a PC trade.

Huor

I lot of the 0-1 star trades I see posted I'm pretty sure they are trying to take advantage of the trader glitch that is in the app. just my guess. I don't see why anyone would want them otherwise unless they are for push accounts.

elvenbee

I lot of the 0-1 star trades I see posted I'm pretty sure they are trying to take advantage of the trader glitch that is in the app. just my guess. I don't see why anyone would want them otherwise unless they are for push accounts.
It's not a glitch, people do it intentionally as you can see from comments earlier in this thread.

Huor

It's not a glitch, people do it intentionally as you can see from comments earlier in this thread.

The app has a glitch. I have posted screen shots of in one of the many threads on this subject. The glitch is as you approach the bottom of the trader window in the app, the next trade that would have been inline is changed with another one that was below it. so if you are clicking fast through your 3* trades you want to pick up and some 2 or less star trades are next in line, when you get to the bottom of the window, one of those trades will trade position with the one you really wanted and you'll pick up one of the junk trades.

I also went pack to the top and re-read your original issue which was about posting trades that are not balanced. Sorry about my confusion!