• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Dreams Discussion Thread

elvenbee

The Daily reward chest isn't just one thing. It can be a small time boost or an instant - so far in beta I've gotten 10 & 15 minute timers, AW KP instants, coin rains and supply windfalls.

The season pass is 3000 diamonds in beta now too - that change is part of the latest update, along with decreasing the petals needed to get to the first ten rewards.

@Rp44
Thanks! I'm surprised there isn't a little "i" to see what's in the box, like the Magic Academy mystical object chest.
You get only get one reward from the chest out of however many possible options though, hence "a reward". If you hover over the chest, it tells you all the potential rewards plus the chance of that reward.

Attachments

• SofD Daily Chest.png
    SofD Daily Chest.png
    236.6 KB · Views: 51

Alram

Flippers just flip
You get only get one reward from the chest out of however many possible options though, hence "a reward". If you hover over the chest, it tells you all the potential rewards plus the chance of that reward.
Thank you! I'm a mobile only player and there is no "hover over" feature for me. The pic is very helpful. :)

Agvar

Part of the Announcement reads "The quests of the Seasons can be completed as part of your daily routine of playing the game, over the passing of several events!"

My daily routine does NOT include 15-min workshop productions, even if a FA is running. Nor is spending Pet Food, or solving Spire Encounters.

The rewards gained from the dailies do not compensate for the loss of Coins & Supplies lost due the removal of the declinables, and some of them are laughable - 10-minute time booster for instance. I have done the declinables/recyclables several times a day, every day for nearly three years now and it has made a great diffence to my city. With their removal my city progress will definitely slow down; also it will be much more difficult to get all the required Coin Sack badges in FAs.

Another complaint I have is that with the removal of the declinable quests I spend less time on the game. A quick swipe to collect everything, check chat and messages and I'm off. This means less incentive to stay and engage with other members in chat, and less chance to catch urgent requests for trades or answer other Folks questions. As a result the game is much less friendly than it used to be, and more like a chore.

elvenbee

Thank you! I'm a mobile only player and there is no "hover over" feature for me. The pic is very helpful. :)
:eek: Oh nooo! I just snuck onto my phone and there isn't!! Annoying, Inno!!

I opened a chest and it says that it refreshes in like 5-6 hours, so I'm thinking that the rewards will change every time the chest refreshes.

elvenbee

Part of the Announcement reads "The quests of the Seasons can be completed as part of your daily routine of playing the game, over the passing of several events!"

My daily routine does NOT include 15-min workshop productions, even if a FA is running. Nor is spending Pet Food, or solving Spire Encounters.

The rewards gained from the dailies do not compensate for the loss of Coins & Supplies lost due the removal of the declinables, and some of them are laughable - 10-minute time booster for instance. I have done the declinables/recyclables several times a day, every day for nearly three years now and it has made a great diffence to my city. With their removal my city progress will definitely slow down; also it will be much more difficult to get all the required Coin Sack badges in FAs.

Another complaint I have is that with the removal of the declinable quests I spend less time on the game. A quick swipe to collect everything, check chat and messages and I'm off. This means less incentive to stay and engage with other members in chat, and less chance to catch urgent requests for trades or answer other Folks questions. As a result the game is much less friendly than it used to be, and more like a chore.
I think you missed the part of the announcement right after that stating, "Still, the quests may also encourage you to check out areas of the game you usually don’t touch too often."

People in our FS, myself included, are happy the repeatable quests are gone! Most of us just ignored those requests and didn't do anything with them. You can use the Crafting in the Magic Academy to get Coin Sacks, plus Coin Sacks are offered as rewards.

With this new quest line, and the current event, our FS is even more chatty. I've spent more time in the game today than I did prior days. It feels more like a treasure hunt and it's super exciting!

mikeledo

FYI I had one player quit when INNO started the cauldron. It was too much to do. I have 3 more threatening to quit when Seasons came out claiming it is simply too much. Thank INNO. Do you think maybe you could add another stage to the spire and take out all my players?

BrinDarby

Seasons is forcing players into certain playstyles.
So much :eek: for creativity, its all about forcing players
into a situation where the only solution is diamonds.
Its also about depleating players of the stuff they
collect(horde) for a rainy day.....

Its gonna crush newer players with no buildup of stuff.

Last edited:

Deborah M

Oh Wise One
FYI I had one player quit when INNO started the cauldron. It was too much to do. I have 3 more threatening to quit when Seasons came out claiming it is simply too much. Thank INNO. Do you think maybe you could add another stage to the spire and take out all my players?

Why can’t they just ignore it? I really don’t understand. I’ve ignored the rotating quests for years but never, ever thought about quitting because they were there. They are valuable to other players and have no effect on me. Could they already be unhappy and looking for excuses?

Silver Lady

I mostly ignored the declinables, but I did do some of them as needed for extra coins & supplies. I’m withholding my final opinion on Seasons for at least a couple of weeks, but I can see where not having the quests for coins & supplies could hurt. So far the quests I’ve gotten for Seasons are not ones I would typically do; so under the same philosophy as used for declinables I’m ignoring. I’m hoping it gets more interesting soon-ish.

Rythel

I feel like the seasons implementation is a step in the right direction. The repeatable quests were stale and boring with mediocre rewards. I feel like these new seasons will reward players with more useful items than just coins and supplies. I do not feel forced into a specific playstyle even though I've had to do things that I normally wouldn't do. And it definitely doesn't require diamonds to complete.

There are some improvements that could be made though.

A lot of players are confusing it for an event, and I don't blame them. The location to access seasons is where events appear and there's a timer on it. It would be nice if it was located somewhere else to not cause this confusion. The quests are much easier than event quests and the urgency is significantly lower. Maybe at the bottom of the quests list or even a separate button completely?

I like how the weekly quests can be refreshed if there's a task you really don't want to do. But it's a shame that there isn't a refresh for daily tasks. My sample size is quite low right now, but there might be more difficult daily tasks that will require me to go way out of the way in order to complete them, and it would be nice to be able decline those every so often.

The season pass seems egregiously expensive. The Royal Rewards in events only costs 1500 and gives a reward every stage. (I would estimate 13-15 total prizes based on league cutoffs). The season pass costs 3000 diamonds and offers only 17 rewards, and the rewards aren't definitively better. It also feels really bad that some stages only offer rewards if the season pass has been purchased.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this, and I hope that players will be able to claim most, if not all, the rewards with casual play. I am also intrigued on how they will offer different reward paths in future seasons as described in their announcement. Its a good system that just needs a bit of refinement.

BrinDarby

Since as I understand it, Seasons will replace the event
tasks structure for future events. --If-- this is the case,
then I'll post here, rather than the Alchemy or Cauldron
threads, yet my comment is about all 3.......

Looking @ big recent changes here in Elvenar.....
New tech tree, cauldron, and seasons..
My brain remembers, "be carefull on what Inno
give'th and what they then take away'th". I do see
in these 3 changes, a shift in how Inno wants the
playerbase to play Elvenar, and a "scrubber" of
all those things the "horders" , horde.... heh heh.

I love new stuff, and keep'n Elvenar fresh is awesome,
but not @ the expense of basic playstyles. Someone
who sets thier city up for 1day collections, doesn't then
want to have to do 75 of a short timer collection. They
also might not have the space to make that time effective.

The announcement, I thought, said Seasons will be the
future interface/game/thingy-ma-bobber to replace the
sequential tasks. I thought we got it now, as a dry run, so
we're rdy to do it when it counts.....

Had Inno wanted players to do every research in every
chapter, they wouldn't have included optional researches.
Now, not doing those cripples your Cauldron spell choices.

Before I joined Elvenar was too much P2P, so I've read, then
it swung to the F2P side, now its swinging back the other way,
or so it seems if ya wanna actually get anything/anywhere....
Thats not good or bad I guess, just the impression I get.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
So this season of dreams event is basically the next version of the mini 'challenge' event. Its a decent idea. A couple daily quests, a couple weekly quests. As long as the quests themselves dont get to outrageous, its a decent system. - Id rather see a system like this take over for the events we are all used to. In fact it was a thought of mine before i saw this about a change to the normal events. Instead of these 70-120 quest events with 2/3s available right away and then 1 daily... giving many ppl the desire/need to run through as quickly as possible (its the only way we would get down time -_- ).. maybe change it to something with only 3-5 quests showing up each day from the start. That way there was a little bit to do each day, but no pressure to go all out, quickly. So this dreams system thing kinda feels closer to that idea. - If nothing else, it seems quite simple and not very time consuming so far.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
double events and this stupid witch brewing thing, so actually 3 things is driving me quickly to that customer service area that has me saying, "Delete My Account"
We need more stuff!
We need more stuff!
We need more stuff!
We need more stuff!
We need more stuff!
/grabs some poster board, a marker, and a mega phone
We need more stuff!
We need more stuff!
We need more stuff!
We need more stuff!

holy crap! Its more stuff! DELETE!! DELETE!!

--------
In all honesty tho, its not the new systems being added that sucks. THat part is decent. Its the never ending event quests that take everyones time and sanity and doesnt let us focus on much else..

Dew Spinner

So this season of dreams event is basically the next version of the mini 'challenge' event. Its a decent idea. A couple daily quests, a couple weekly quests. As long as the quests themselves dont get to outrageous, its a decent system. - Id rather see a system like this take over for the events we are all used to. In fact it was a thought of mine before i saw this about a change to the normal events. Instead of these 70-120 quest events with 2/3s available right away and then 1 daily... giving many ppl the desire/need to run through as quickly as possible (its the only way we would get down time -_- ).. maybe change it to something with only 3-5 quests showing up each day from the start. That way there was a little bit to do each day, but no pressure to go all out, quickly. So this dreams system thing kinda feels closer to that idea. - If nothing else, it seems quite simple and not very time consuming so far.
I'm done with both the daily an weekly quests...but that may be because they are giving everyone an "easy" start.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas
I'm done with both the daily an weekly quests...but that may be because they are giving everyone an "easy" start.
Could be. That we jsut do not know yet. I mentined that as long as the quests dont get to outragouse then this is decent. If they get to be a pain tho, then itll become just another annoyance.