• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Season of Dreams Discussion Thread

LisaMV

(@SoggyShorts = lol! excellent point)
@Mykan = Troop Instants don't work, already tried that

The idea that I can "just make troops" with my required barracks shows less understanding of the military complex than even I have! lol
I have none of the extra buildings for troops that you all have, and I have no military AW's.
My level 4 barracks will make 858 troops at maximum output, and will take 43 hours + 53 minutes. In my chapter 12 city, they are asking for 2844. Does that sound like a viable plan for a daily quest?

free-spirit

(@SoggyShorts = lol! excellent point)
@Mykan = Troop Instants don't work, already tried that

The idea that I can "just make troops" with my required barracks shows less understanding of the military complex than even I have! lol
I have none of the extra buildings for troops that you all have, and I have no military AW's.
My level 4 barracks will make 858 troops at maximum output, and will take 43 hours + 53 minutes. In my chapter 12 city, they are asking for 2844. Does that sound like a viable plan for a daily quest?
You might win some in the event. A lot of the chests have some. Not a great solution, but at least a possible one.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
OK ~ I have just received a Daily Quest for producing troops. I don't, I am a full-time caterer.
I’m a full-time caterer too, Lisa, but I can usually manage these types of quests because a few of the event sets give troops as well as lots of goods. Both the Forbidden Ruins and the Dwarven Citadel sets are well worth their space in my city for catering purposes, but also provide decent numbers of troops on pickup. Do you have either of those? I haven’t gotten one of these quests in the Season yet so I don’t know if that works here, but if it won’t count those as “producing” here, well, then I think we can skip about 1 and 1/4 daily quests per day and still finish the prize line, if I’m understanding iDavis’ calculator correctly. :)

LisaMV

@free-spirit & @MaidenFair
Thank you so much for trying to help ~ yes, I "tried" (lol always succeed w/out trying on this) and got some fighters in the Event just now, did NOT count. *sigh*
I have Forbidden Ruins in 2 of my cities... with one shot at it working in the 24 hrs.

Elwei

In the daily quests, I got Collect City Treasure (2requires 2 collections). What is City Treasure? It is not in the Wiki.
Reward for completing all the dailies.
I read that it is the reward for completing the dailies. However I have it a
What is Collect City Treasure? Is there a reason it isn't called "collect event currency"?
View attachment 14599
Cannot be reward for all dailies since I got it as a daily quest!

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
In the daily quests, I got Collect City Treasure (2requires 2 collections). What is City Treasure? It is not in the Wiki.

They mean collect Scrolls from the bushes.

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist
Thank you so much for trying to help ~ yes, I "tried" (lol always succeed w/out trying on this) and got some fighters in the Event just now, did NOT count. *sigh*
I have Forbidden Ruins in 2 of my cities... with one shot at it working in the 24 hrs.
I agree it’s not ideal. Hope you find a workaround, or don’t get any more of those quests!

MaidenFair

Chef - Head Philologist

“City Treasure” means the event currency around the edges of the city. :)

Mykan

Oh Wise One
@LisaMV Thats annoying about the troop instants :( Whats your teleport situation like? Craft some VVV or Orc strat buildings and teleport in/out when your keen for the quest? Not ideal but gives you a temporary way of getting a decent amount of troops. Unsure how many buildings you would need but some of those troop buildings provide a decent amount when at current chapter level.

Lady Dastardly

If you have a Witch's Hut it'll provide some passive troops as well. Just another possibility.

Dominionofgod

Thinker of Ideas

Not to sound rude, but thats kind of your own fault then... If you neglect a building completely, you cant be upset that its not keeping up with demands. If you have a lvl 4 barracks... in chapter 12... Then that was your choice, and youll have to live with not being able to make troops and the consequences of that. - If you dont like that.. then work towards being able to level up your barracks some.

The same would be true in reverse. If a heavy military city left there factories at lvl 4 and then complained about not being able to make goods.. It would be there choice/fault as well.

You cant blame the game for trying to get players to be all inclusive in what the game has to offer. They have had quests for 'produce x amount of troops' and 'gain x amount of goods' for ages. They hit both sides of it. Its not like it should be a surprise at this point. - If a player wants to focus on only one single aspect, that is there choice and right... but they cant be shocked when something comes up in the game that wants to utilize all the games features.

---
Do you have any regular reward buildings in inventory that produce troops? Maybe they would count. If lucky you can tele it back to inventory afterwards.

Count Rupert

The numbers are always going to be based on the chapter and not the barracks. It's not an easy fix and somewhat pointless if you're built to do no fighting. Since you can complete the prize path only doing about half the dailies, why even bother with them?

Fayeanne

Why can’t they just ignore it? I really don’t understand.
It's a little hard to ignore, at least on the browser. Every time you do anything that's presently on the seasons board (or even some things that aren't...) it plays a very loud cymbal clash sound and displays a "!" in a balloon that overlaps your city. And it keeps doing this over and over until you open the interface and clear out the completed actions. And then it does it again when you subsequently do something else that is a requested action.

Personally I would have prefered a button in the bottom bar with no sound effects and a small red "!" that is constrained within the button, like the inventory buttons and such. Would have gotten the point across without being overbearing. It also seems like this would be a more appropriate location for a permanent feature?

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I like the Seasons so far. I had ignored the repeating quests for over 2 years. None of the tasks I've had to do so far for the Seasons have been that difficult. And the rewards are decent, even without the premium season pass. Basically it is extra stuff for doing things I would already be doing.
My 1 concern about it is somewhat indirect. Several buildings I like and use such as Manta Ray and Pond of Autumn are being offered as part of the premium season pass rewards. I am a little worried that because of this they will be less likely to show up as daily prizes in future events. In other words, I'm afraid this means that Inno is starting to move some of the better mana and seed producing buildings to premium only instead of being free to win. However if this does not happen, I see no downside to the Seasons.

Henroo

Oh Wise One
I am more concerned that the Premium pass (3,000:diamond:) is for only 1 "special" bldg and all the rest are just normal bldgs like the Manta Ray and Pond and only the heavy melee shrine is truely a premium bldg. I can't justify the cost in my mind.

Ed
They are normal buildings NOW. Will they be in the future? As you say, the cost of the Premium pass is a little hard to justify right now. However if they shift some of the better normal buildings to premium status, it would probably increase future Premium pass sales.

elvenbee

FYI I had one player quit when INNO started the cauldron. It was too much to do. I have 3 more threatening to quit when Seasons came out claiming it is simply too much. Thank INNO. Do you think maybe you could add another stage to the spire and take out all my players?
The Cauldron is optional, you can simply just ignore it, so why would they quit?

Again, the Seasons are optional and you simply ignore it, so why would they threaten to quit?

There has to be more than these factors that would cause them to quit/want to quit.

gernsey

The Cauldron is optional, you can simply just ignore it, so why would they quit?

Again, the Seasons are optional and you simply ignore it, so why would they threaten to quit?

There has to be more than these factors that would cause them to quit/want to quit.

I too question the reasoning of anyone that quits over this, there is something fundamentally weird about that entire line of thinking. I feel like it's born from misunderstanding, more then anything

Lady Dastardly

I am more concerned that the Premium pass (3,000:diamond:) is for only 1 "special" bldg and all the rest are just normal bldgs like the Manta Ray and Pond and only the heavy melee shrine is truely a premium bldg
These are some of the same buildings that they offer up for sale during the Black Friday and other sale events, so they have offered them for premium currency before. Hopefully this is just following that pattern, and doesn't mean their removal as dailies in other events.

Henroo

Oh Wise One

I think if a player is starting to burn out on the game, it does not take much to cause them to throw their hands up and quit. That is likely what happened here. Had the Cauldron been introduced when they were still gung-ho and enthusiastic about the game, they would have probably been fine with it.