• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inno Forces Cauldron

Gkyr

Chef
Just now clicking on the tech tree positions me into chapter 5 at the unfilled Cauldron stage.
Elvenar has a lot of resources and accumulations to juggle and I do not want to add the Cauldron to my gaming.
Problem is, all of my current tech stages in my chapter 16 are greyed out and unavailable, even the partially filled ones.

Being forced to game in a way that removes the previous choices that were available to me is unacceptable.
Imagine, for example if all 'relaxed' fellowships were suddenly required to play the Spire.
This is a fatal misstep on the part of Inno and, if not corrected, I'm out of here.

Addendum: a cauldron quest window has just opened up under the preexisting four other quest windows on the town view margin. This makes for 5 quests going on concurrently and suggests that cauldron is being hard-wired into the gameplay and I am not allowed to opt out.
Also, 5 concurrent quests is a bit much. Sure, two of them are declinable but that means they just cycle around endlessly and you can never get rid of them.

Last edited:

quin629

There are only half a dozen of those Cauldron quests. The rewards are a couple of nice carrots dangled in front of players to get them to actually try the thing once - once! - before deciding not to use it again. They don't repeat - the extra Cauldron quest box just goes away.

Fayeanne

I just noticed this this morning as well. What makes this worse is there is no explanation notification given to the player as to why all of his unfilled technologies cannot be accessed or interacted with in any way. I can imagine a lot of players are going to be very confused as to why seemingly their entire technology tree is now disabled.

In all fairness though, the Cauldron is easy to ignore.* All you have to do is ignore the red "!" marks in various places and the three or four nag messages that show up in the notifications list. (And the quick pop-up flyover icon over your Magic Academy every week that often is off-screen by the time it triggers anyway.) It's definitely less invasive than the cymbal clashes and big blue and green "!" bubbles if you try to ignore the Fellowship Adventures or Seasons.

*Edit: Well, outside of those tutorial quests anyway.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
On my tiny ID, I had almost completed the kp on Advanced Scouts to reach Dwarves. I wanted to get in that so that I can FINALLY pick up the event building, that I've been waiting to collect so it can be in 6. I was happy that I was going to finish it today ... nope ... suddenly my advanced scouts is grayed out and I can't add the couple extra kp needed to open it. GRRRRRR.

Thank goodness I still have time to get the cauldron done and get in before the event closes. But I hate having to avoid clicking "collect" for more days. It's stressful to remember not to collect. :(

StarLoad

Well I am parked so locking my tech tree has no negative effect for now, but I do agree that "forcing" aspects of the game that are totally optional is a flawed move. Just as if the event quest insisted you had to fight and win a tourney battle even if it wasn't possible to do so.

Its just my opinion but this will likely cause more players to park or quit.

Ed

LordRezal

Just now clicking on the tech tree positions me into chapter 5 at the unfilled Cauldron stage.
Elvenar has a lot of resources and accumulations to juggle and I do not want to add the Cauldron to my gaming.
Problem is, all of my current tech stages in my chapter 16 are greyed out and unavailable, even the partially filled ones.

Being forced to game in a way that removes the previous choices that were available to me is unacceptable.
Imagine, for example if all 'relaxed' fellowships were suddenly required to play the Spire.
This is a fatal misstep on the part of Inno and, if not corrected, I'm out of here.

Addendum: a cauldron quest window has just opened up under the preexisting four other quest windows on the town view margin. This makes for 5 quests going on concurrently and suggests that cauldron is being hard-wired into the gameplay and I am not allowed to opt out.
Also, 5 concurrent quests is a bit much. Sure, two of them are declinable but that means they just cycle around endlessly and you can never get rid of them.

LordRezal

This sucks, especially without a warning that we were being forced to unlock this dreadful new hassle from INNO. Why do we have to unlock it. I unlocked it and one world and decided it's not something I really want to bother with, especially right now with all the other stuff going on now. The amount of events going on all the time it's just another distraction from the game I used to love to play. Plus the way these new things interact with other features, you are forced to play one to be able to play the other. I am retired and I find it hard to find the time to do all this stuff they throw at us. Please INNO let us play the core game, for awhile.

defiantoneks

there's plenty of research you have to do that isn't relevant for some players at all, or doesnt become relevant for a long while. who among the caterers wants to bother unlocking advanced orc warriors (or whatever it may be). who in early chapters wants to bother unlocking a non-boosted manufactory update? reality is, we all have to do certain portions of the game we dont like or may opt to not use.

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
I don't think there's a need to take the Cauldron seriously. It's just another thing that you can play with if you want to or don't if you don't want to. There's a lot of features in the game that we need to decide how seriously to take them. It's the same as Spire, Tournament, FA, guest races etc. When you like it, you play it to the full, when you don't like it then you play it less or not at all.

I don't think that there's a harm to play with the Cauldron a little to be 100% sure whether we like it or not, it's the only way to find out for sure. It doesn't cost anything to get some free bonuses.

just a general question - Since Inno has chosen to freeze our progress if w do not complete the research for the cauldron - will future quests and the FA requirements be set to chap 5 ? If they are going to freeze me there - I think it is only fair that they do