• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Inno Forces Cauldron

SoggyShorts

Mathematician par Excellence
I just know force it on me and I now will never spend another dollar on this game
No one cares.
The extra revenue generated by adding new and interesting features to the game (which are all integrated together) will vastly outweigh the few [MOD EDIT] removed text who boycott diamonds because of said new features & improvements.

Last edited by a moderator:

elvenbee

What 3 things? Events are near-constant and Seasons is a pretty basic quest revamp, so really just the cauldron requires any sort of "learning".
Unless I'm missing the 3rd thing?
regarding the cauldron, I really like it, and it gives players something we've been asking for for a long time: a late-game resource sink, and it does that rather well, and with a slight tweak would do it brilliantly.
Maybe don't knock it till you really try it?
The Secrets of Alchemy Event, Season of Dreams, and the Cauldron are the three things that were released closely together.

I'm glad it provides something that people have been requesting for a long time - that was my initial question, if it was player requested or Inno invented.

I did try it, but was frustrated with it and stopped. Currently, with the time I have to play the game, I focus on the Secrets of Alchemy and the Season of Dreams. I want the rewards from Secrets of Alchemy and Season of Dreams has been a refresher on the quests, so I'm not adding more to my already full plate with the Cauldron at the same time. That's a personal decision.

My entire point was that I understand people's frustrations, I have empathy.

Deleted User - 3563161

Like getting a fifth grade workbook book in your Junior year.
Insulting and time waste, but not harmful otherwise.

i have tried the Cauldron on beta and don't like it at all. i am also not using it on any of my worlds, don't want it showing up on my screen or in my magic academy. now i can't further my research unless i unlock it, which i absolutely don't want to do. it's a waste of time, not to mention kp that could be better spent elsewhere. inno needs to actually listen to players - i know, i know, they really don't care what we do or don't want, they're going to please themselves, then pat themselves on the back about what a great job they're doing!

Silly Bubbles

You cant pop them all
i have tried the Cauldron on beta and don't like it at all. i am also not using it on any of my worlds, don't want it showing up on my screen or in my magic academy. now i can't further my research unless i unlock it, which i absolutely don't want to do. it's a waste of time, not to mention kp that could be better spent elsewhere.

You might change your mind later when you get bored and want to get some free bonuses. It happened to me number of times that I forgot about a feature then later I was pushed to use it and realised that things have changed and it helped to do things better way. I used to cater world provinces only as it was hard to fight them at the beginning but as I progressed things have changed. I got pushed to fight once by a quest and realised how much easier it is to fight now. It wouldn't happen without the quest or a little push. Now, I'm considering catering again. :D

inno needs to actually listen to players - i know, i know, they really don't care what we do or don't want, they're going to please themselves, then pat themselves on the back about what a great job they're doing!

Inno does listen to players but it works a bit differently than we used to. Their decisions aren't based on what majority of players think, it's based on how much money they make or can potentially make while creating overall good experience. So even if a minority of players enjoy a feature, it can still be a lucrative venture and it's not a big harm to rest of the players.

SoggyShorts

inno needs to actually listen to players - i know, i know, they really don't care what we do or don't want, they're going to please themselves, then pat themselves on the back about what a great job they're doing!
They listened, and they did do a great job introducing the cauldron, and I don't say this lightly.
Feel free to check my other 8,000 posts, you won't find praise in more than 5 of them.

For all of the people who are frustrated by it because they don't get it, I'd like to know how many actually tried to learn. Did you take 3 minutes and watch a video explanation? There are a few out there, even I made one.

Last edited:

free-spirit

I think the Spire of Eternity had the same amount of vitriol, but now everyone is used to it. The cauldron is as difficult or as easy as you make it. It costs you nothing but a few minutes a week to try it. If you don't care to research or hunt for a specific recipe, don't pick the ingredients that cost Diamonds and toss a few of the others in the pot. Just see what you get.

It's a free feature that gives a small boost. (larger as you upgrade it) I don't understand the complaining about it.

skeeter6060

No one cares.
The extra revenue generated by adding new and interesting features to the game (which are all integrated together) will vastly outweigh the few weirdos who boycott diamonds because of said new features & improvements.
[MOD EDIT] removed text. I thought this forum was meant for us to state thoughts sorry if we don't all agree with the almighty

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

[MOD EDIT] removed text. I thought this forum was meant for us to state thoughts sorry if we don't all agree with the almighty
LoL, a little sensitive?
I believe you misunderstood me. When I said no one cares I didn't mean shut up and stop expressing your opinion. By all means, please share it.
What I meant was exactly what I said: the revenues from those who appreciate new improvements being added to the game will vastly outweigh the loss from those who don't. I can't know that for a 100% absolute fact, so I guess that's just my opinion...

SoggyShorts

Hey @SoggyShorts
I suppose this mean that you've been mistaken for the Flying Spagetti Monster. Can you intercede with the Powers at Inno, for @Gkyr's sake?
Indeed, having been referred to as "the almighty" is a compliment, but I am not He-- I am merely a messenger, a vessel if you will. Destined to spread his sauce message.
We have already witnessed His intervention in bringing us this great feature centered around the mixing of ingredients, for what is a cauldron but a great Pot?

May his noodly appendage touch you as well.
RAmen.