• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Spell Fragments in the Spire

free-spirit

The ones who need the spell frags the most are precisely the same people who don't usually make it to the second and third boss. The ones who consistently get those boss chests are more likely to have enough spell frags already.
I've been in a Gold Spire FS since they added the group rewards, and I'm always desperate for Spell Fragments.

BrinDarby

The MA craft :
"1 CC for 5000 frags" and "8 CC for 5000 frags"
are a direct result of ppl complaining there are
too many frags given out. That chg was part of
the great MA nerf, when all the prizes changed.

What sux here is when we, the playerbase, actually
get listened to, and we get something we've been
asking for for years.... Inno takes that opportunity
to take something away from us....

We need additions to the game not to be.....
1 step fwd and 3 steps back.....

If I frag'd every summoning I prolly will never
use/need... I'd have another 1-200,000 in frags.
I don't want a :diamond: nerf just for a few more frags.
I'd much rather give up PPs for frags.

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
I've been in a Gold Spire FS since they added the group rewards, and I'm always desperate for Spell Fragments.
I am sure there are players like you, who consistently make it to the top and who need frags. I guess the "more likely" in my post should have been stressed more, so that it didn't give the impression that I was talking about everyone. :)

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
@Darielle
Maybe you should teleport all but one of your library sets into inventory for two or three FAs in a row, that should decimate your inventory and then you would actually see how many frags new players do not get? As it stands players with multiple sets are like Antoinette telling the peasants to eat cake.

BrinDarby

( OP only mentioned a possible chg )

Instead of asking for more Frags, perhaps
players shouldn't think they can just craft
all 5 slots, every 6 hrs, 7 days/week ..... ;)

My CH5 racing city, with just 1 MS set, does
just fine on collecting ""enuff"" frags....
I personally don't see a need for more....
(especially if its @ the expense of less :diamond:)

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
This thread is about spell fragments. Getting more Spell fragments. They announced that they are adding spell fragments, they have not announced a diamond nerf on live, that info is
completely reliable as I don't see Inno backing up but still news from beta

Last edited:

Darielle

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, and Buddy Fan Club Member
@Darielle
Maybe you should teleport all but one of your library sets into inventory for two or three FAs in a row, that should decimate your inventory and then you would actually see how many frags new players do not get? As it stands players with multiple sets are like Antoinette telling the peasants to eat cake.
Touche. Ok I'll shut up on this subject until such time as I'm willing to do that. (probably never, lol.)

Zoof

I haven't personally been wanting for frags, though I can say that if I changed my spending habits to be even slightly more spendy, I'd run out in short order. Here's the state of my three cities for comparison, spending (at this time, somewhat) all equal and all three cities topping Spire (nearly*) every week:

• Zooftopia, First of Its Name: 170K frags in stock. 314CC. Ceased CC production since last FA. One full Moonstone library set. I grab military buildings and some 20h timers, but that's about it.
  • Zooftopia, Second of Its Name: 59K frags. 297CC, Ceased CC production since last FA. Kept only potted plants from MS set. I grab military buildings and some 20h timers, but that's about it.
  • Zooftopia, Third of Its Name: 32k frags. 161CCs. Ceased CC production since last FA. Kept only potted plants from MS set. I cratered my frag supply during last FA, so I generally only went for military buildings. I'm more careful that my purchase of 20h timers are actually 20h, and not 14h.
I think the only reason I can have a stockpile is because I set my expectations low enough that I tend not to overspend. All bets are off during FA, tho. That's when Sips are guzzled faster than the tank on a top fuel dragster, and generally end in much the same way: In tons of tiny fragments strewn all over the place.

Maybe I'd be happier if I had the frags needed to make use of all those sips. Zooftopia, Third of Its Name, found that one out the hard way.

* The times I don't reach the top are very sad times. Those happen when I forget to get to my PC in time and holy cow I MISSED THE TOP BY ONLY 4 ENCOUNTERS.

crackie

Chef, Scroll-Keeper, Buddy's #1 Fan
Players with multiple libraries can craft all 5 slots, every six hours, 7 days a week. I want to be able to do that. I will continue asking for spell fragments.
New cities also need artifacts. Like today, a Bear Artifact showed up in the MA of my little city and boy oh boy, would I love to evolve my adorable little level 3 Polar Bear some more so I am not a slave to 16hr cooldowns. But what? 10k spell frags? My spell frags inventory is only 3 digits long, son! I am not even sure I won 10k worth of junk buildings in the Excavation event.

It hurts me to do it, but I fragged troop instants.

BrinDarby

1 MS set is 525 frags/21hrs (7-8/week)
3650-4200 frags/week .... Sure before
ya get that full set, its rough.... but once
ya do, then you gotta let some build up
before you go spending them like water.

Most ppl need CCs at that point, so they
can't even use up the frags.... botom line
tho, if you spend beyond your budget,
then no matter what it is, you will prolly
continually run low/out, even frags.

Siorse

Since the change I have gotten spell fragments from the higher bosses 75% of the time-despite the fact that supposedly there's a higher chance of a better prize. So is it really a solid percentage or is it somehow weighted in favor of spell fragments???
I'm not one tiny bit happy with the change and am boycotting the spire until they change this absolute BS.
The cost/benefit of the spire used to be barely acceptable to me but now NOT AT ALL.
Inno are not my favorite people at the moment which means I won't be spending any more RL money on anything else.
Perhaps if enough players do that they'll reconsider.
They hurt our in-game bottom line we hurt their RL one.

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
In my opinion the cost/benefit of the Spire is only achieved in a gold spire FS where you gain maximum FS rewards, they did not change those at all, so I am still happy with it. Players who do not outpace the Spirit Essence are still in good shape, imo.

Sprite1313

I have three moonstone sets, and don't have a huge stockpile of SF. I would love to trade off portal profits for a chance at more spell frags. Like @Iyapo said, the cost/benefit of the spire is really from the FS rewards. I can always use more timers, and that is a generous helping of diamonds. If the top boss gives me 4K spell fragments, I will shake my head, laugh, and hope for a DA next week.

Saphirarya

Hey Inno, how about this:
Instead of the top bosses having spell fragments as one of the prizes, put the prizes back to the way they were, but offer an option to convert your prize to spell fragments if you'd rather have those. So, for example, the user defeats the Lab Boss, and their random prize roll gets them a 100% Supply Instant. When that prize window pops up, have a check box where they can choose to keep that supply instant, or convert it to 4,000 spell fragments. That way, people who need spell fragment can choose them instead, but those of us who would rather not get spell fragments can pick the regular prize. Seems like a win-win for everyone (except maybe the programmers, lol).

Siorse

Is it just me or did Inno quietly remove spell fragments from the top bosses in tiers 2 and 3?

I haven't seen them as a potential reward in 3 weeks now-not that I'm complaining at all!

I'm quite happy to NEVER again see 3k/4k frags as a "prize".

Iyapo

Personal Conductor
I noticed and I miss them terribly. They nerfed the diamond rewards and took away the small spell frag increase that could have been used to slightly offset the loss.