• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Other- Mythic Dawn requests incremental extra rewards in the chests earned beyond the 10th

Lelanya

Scroll-Keeper, Keys to the Gems
Yeah right lol
Looks like I will be reviewing Thiago videos in my spare time (Hahaaaaa what's that?) .Was there a Q&A for this event? That would be the right time to ask, as there appears to be something broken in the Suggestion chain.

Sprite1313

Now if an idea was to let chest 19 unlock an extra level of the spire for the following week for players who achieve it, or unlock some other mini-game
I really like the idea of a mini-game. My concern with having tourney tied to spire is that some FS and players focus on either tourney or spire (I know there are some that do both); I think it is better to keep them distinct. A mini-game would seem pretty enticing, and something fun/different.

But...if the devs don't want to make players feel obligated to do more than 10 chests, what would the prizes look like to make it enticing, without undermining that prerequisite?

Ashrem

Oh Wise One
I really like the idea of a mini-game. My concern with having tourney tied to spire is that some FS and players focus on either tourney or spire (I know there are some that do both); I think it is better to keep them distinct. A mini-game would seem pretty enticing, and something fun/different.

But...if the devs don't want to make players feel obligated to do more than 10 chests, what would the prizes look like to make it enticing, without undermining that prerequisite?
I'm no longer willing to put much thought into ideas for Elvenar, but it needs to be entertaining without making you feel like you are losing out if you don't participate. And it can't be something which strengthens the fellowship directly or there will be peer pressure. as @SoggyShorts has bemoaned in the past, they have missed out on a lot of opportunity by not incorporating building skins. Skins for your Main Hall or Factories or the surrounding terrain would be an interesting treat to tempt a lot of people with which doesn't hurt the city of anyone who chooses not to participate. Whether they are prizes or diamond purchases. have you main hall gain a flag visible to all visitors for the week after a 19 chest tournament. Or an animated stand set up by the mountains outside of town where visitors are busy trying to recruit from the finest tournament participants in the world with a stream of people entering and leaving it like a temporary city expansion for a week that doesn't affect the city but gives you and your neighbours something to look at.

bkbajb

Perhaps these "extra" rewards, after the 10th chest, should be tied to individual scores? If I do 8k and get us to the 13th chest and a teammate does 1k, maybe there's a bonus for my effort. Maybe it starts at the highest ranked player that week or is set by the percentage of points that player contributed and diminishes as you go down in the ranking. I'm thinking out loud here. You do get the individual prizes and if you award too much to the whole group it does seem to be uneven since the ones at the bottom (for whatever reason, it need not be laziness) didn't contribute as much. But it's also true that you put in more effort to get to the 15th chest from the 14th than from the 13th to the 14th, so there should be a little bit more. Just some ideas.

AJ

But if you are doing 8k you then get the individual rewards that the player who get 1k does not get. Seems fait to me

ajqtrz

Chef - loquacious Old Dog
But if you are doing 8k you then get the individual rewards that the player who get 1k does not get. Seems fait to me
I agree. But "fairness" is probably a difficult thing to ascertain. If we gave rewards to players who contributed to go past the 10th chest, according to their contribution. that, too, could be seen as "fair." In other words, "fairness" is often just a perception of balanced rewards and punishments and too difficult to actually work out because it's a perception.