• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Removal of inactive players and trading partners

DeletedUser431

Out of the 50-ish players I've discovered thus far, only 5 of them has interacted with me or built anything, so I was very anxious of the removal of the inactive players as I'll probably lose almost all of my neighbors once the purge comes to my community, and I'll sit in desert with no one to aid. But then I realized there is this cap of 200 possible trading partners, so I wonder if this means that I'll be able to trade with more active players after the removal? This could be some great news for me!:D But if this is true, how does it work when new players start to fill in? Will I lose contact with the newly available trading partners once again?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I honestly don't know, but I would think the active players will stay where they are on the grid, so you'd just be waiting for the newly opened 'gaps' where inactive folks used to be to fill in with new players who have just signed up. I think this has happened in my section, because a few of my discovered neighbors have apparrently changed names in the past week, while the other familiar names around them stay the same and are in the same spaces.

DeletedUser335

when is this purge to take place? guess i could look around but thought i would ask as long as i am right here

DeletedUser

@zanobia It's ongoing and will happen anytime there are folks that haven't logged in for 30 days or more.

I actually lost two neighbors that haven't been replaced since I posted in this thread last time, and yeah, all that happens is that their area is now blank, so there's no city to click on or visit. I'll probably lose several more in the next few days, I suspect, and then new people will eventually be put in those empty spots as they join the game.

DeletedUser3

@zanobia It's ongoing and will happen anytime there are folks that haven't logged in for 30 days or more.

I actually lost two neighbors that haven't been replaced since I posted in this thread last time, and yeah, all that happens is that their area is now blank, so there's no city to click on or visit. I'll probably lose several more in the next few days, I suspect, and then new people will eventually be put in those empty spots as they join the game.
Just so you know this is something that has been brought to our developers attention. As soon as we find out more about this from them then I will let you guys know.

Shanarias

I had the same thing happen today. So far, there is one new player, and things got "squashed together" for lack of a better term, since I can go like five spaces in a row of relic zones that I have conquered without any towns there now. My main problem is that only one player I have "discovered" is doing any trading, or neighborly helping.

DeletedUser422

Out of the 50-ish players I've discovered thus far, only 5 of them has interacted with me or built anything, so I was very anxious of the removal of the inactive players as I'll probably lose almost all of my neighbors once the purge comes to my community, and I'll sit in desert with no one to aid. But then I realized there is this cap of 200 possible trading partners, so I wonder if this means that I'll be able to trade with more active players after the removal? This could be some great news for me!:D But if this is true, how does it work when new players start to fill in? Will I lose contact with the newly available trading partners once again?
Seems we had an inactive purge today, 5 of my neighbors are gone without paying the rent, lol.

DeletedUser

Looks like I lucked out so far on this purge (or it happened while I was asleep and the inactives were already replaced by the time I woke up.)

Shanarias

Currently, I have 27 neighbors I have "discovered" that have not been removed by a "purge". Of them, several are quite active, though they do not "discover" me, and they do not seem to return the "neighborly help", except for ONE player. All the rest of them seem to be good for is "farming" neighborly help money every day. It would really be nice if a few more of them got involved in stuff like trading and neighborly help.

DeletedUser

Yeah. I have two I can reliably rely on for help, and occasionally others pop in and do some shining, but oddly enough, they tend to be further out rather than right next door. To be fair, a lot of my neighbors are still in the beginning stages, so they might not have the funds to explore the world too often, so may not have found me. I'm also vastly ahead of everyone except mitheral, so folks may figure I don't need the help.

DeletedUser422

Had another purge, they filled...still only have 1 neighbor who visits daily, 2 others once in a while, meanwhile I visit 45 neighbors daily, I call it: "collecting the rent" lol

DeletedUser

Hey, rent money is nothing to turn your nose up over; it gets more buildings built :)

DeletedUser

eh, I guess that's my advantage; I have the half hour it takes to collect everything. (Good to do while watching news/a movie on TV)

DeletedUser422

yes, it is well worth the time to
"collect the rent" adds up to 100s of Ks of coin

DeletedUser511

It would be wprth it if we didnt have to come out and load the map again after every help. Changing from town to town is better.

DeletedUser

that might be a pain to code though, especially if they're cleaning out the inactives as they hit the 30 day inactivity mark and replacing them with new players. That's just a guess though; I have no idea how code works for this game or how clicking a button translates into getting you to where you want to go.

There's plenty of suggestions of different ways to handle it, but it'll remain to be seen what suggestions the devs take, if any. Right now, I look at it as a 'gating' design; more time in game means more revenue, or at least more investment from the players (or less from players who have no time or have flagging patience for having to multi click to get something done). The way it is now though is pretty common for most games of this type, which means it's likely the easiest/cheapest way to code the game without borking it.

DeletedUser

Just so you know this is something that has been brought to our developers attention. As soon as we find out more about this from them then I will let you guys know.
Any updates for us? Regarding the purge process, itself, or potential placeholders for neighborly help?