• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Help! Issue with Rune Shards

DeletedUser2906

I think this started around one of the recent updates. It has been going on for a few weeks, maybe a month.

When I get a ruin shard it keeps dumping them into the same, already full, ancient wonder. I have several that are still open and need shards, but it just keeps adding them in one that is already full. I'm annoyed because, again, it's slowing down progress.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is it going to just keep happening? I'm getting so bored with this game as it seems it's excessively stacked against players at almost every turn. "Oh, of course, I'm getting screwed again..." is something I think almost every time I play (which is several times a day.)

Hoping this is just a glitch and I will be able to get some help from Inno, but I wanted to make sure I'm not missing something before I pursue it.

DeletedUser4671

The runes you win from provinces are random. You still get runes after the circle is complete because you will need more runes to upgrade the wonders. So any unused runes you have will get used the more you upgrade your wonders! When runes break into shards, you can use 10 of those to forge a rune for any incomplete wonder.

Hope this helps!

Happy gaming :)

DeletedUser2906

Thanks! I appreciate the info. I'm just frustrated because out of the last 10 I have gotten, 8 of them have gone to a completed wonder even though I have so many wonders to finish. It sure doesn't feel random when it happens almost every time I receive one. :( I'm so frustrated with the game. I think once I use up my last 2500 diamonds I might be done. It's just not fun.

DeletedUser4207

I don't see a need for shards to upgrade my wonder - it requires knowledge points and relics.

Buttrflwr

When runes break into shards, you can use 10 of those to forge a rune for any incomplete wonder
I have a bit of a different question. I have been trying to open my Tome of Secrets since I got it and the abyss. I only needed two runes in it and 1 in the abyss, and acquired a rune for the abyss, which shattered. At that time I had 9 shards accumulated, the game placed the shard, then automatically activated the abyss, even though I wouldn't have placed it there, as I want the tome for the KP. Now I have the needles and the excavation opened, and STILL need ONE rune for tome. I have 9 shards accumulated, and just got another rune for excavation. If I try to place it and it shatters, when it puts the shard in the tenth slot, is it going to automatically give me a stupid :rolleyes: excavation rune, or will it allow me to FINALLY, six years later :eek:, finish my tome? I don't want to place it if it is going to use my hard earned runes on something I don't want yet. ESPECIALLY now that runes are so hard to come by as I can't battle for them. :mad:

Please excuse my sarcasm, I am just a little frustrated right now, and it is my native language. :p

DeletedUser61

Honk if you know the difference between metaphor and simile.

Once you have a full broken shard bar, so to the AW where you WANT to use it, and THEN push the button to "insert" it.

Buttrflwr

Honk if you know the difference between metaphor and simile.

Once you have a full broken shard bar, so to the AW where you WANT to use it, and THEN push the button to "insert" it.
Okie dokie, though I wonder why that didn't happen the first time I had 10 shards. It inserted it in the AW I was in, I had no option in the matter.

The placed runes were glittering jewels in the wheel.
The result was like a burning thorn in my elven side.

(Thank you for your response) :)

DeletedUser684

You may have accidentally double-clicked the insert button, and so it took the second click as wanting to use the broken shards.