• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Release Notes version 0.17

DeletedUser3

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please share your thoughts on our latest update in this thread HERE!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

Well i`m glad about fixed bugs, but actually there isn`t anything real happened. We need more new features! For now seems like suggestion topic is just for players fun, not for devs to look at....

DeletedUser

Better yet, how about actually being able to log in instead of getting a page not found screen.

DeletedUser

Let's hope we get credited KP... my bar is about to fill.

DeletedUser144

Patience seems to be a good thing to employ for ya self. Try again.

DeletedUser

Patience seems to be a good thing to employ for ya self. Try again.
Had nothing to do with patience. I didn't want to lose KP because of an error made by Inno. That being said, it did work out in the end. \o/

DeletedUser3

We apologize for the issue you guys were having logging in. This occurred because the update was being installed. We apologize for the inconvenience that this had caused.

DeletedUser

I have a lot of problems signing in ... I play us1 and zz1 servers and i have to delete cookies and cache every time I go from one to the other

DeletedUser

We apologize for the issue you guys were having logging in. This occurred because the update was being installed. We apologize for the inconvenience that this had caused.

If this happens every time there is an update, can we get advance warning? And if we already do, can you please direct me where to look?

EDIT: For example, 24 hr heads-up in the announcements section of the forum would be phenomenal.

DeletedUser3

If this happens every time there is an update, can we get advance warning? And if we already do, can you please direct me where to look?

EDIT: For example, 24 hr heads-up in the announcements section of the forum would be phenomenal.
Next time if we have an update I will make sure to let you know that servers may be down ahead of time. Again we apologize.

DeletedUser3

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback means a lot to Elvenar.

DeletedUser

Since the forum has been kinda dead the past few days, I've been going over older threads. Also, now that logging in to use my KP isn't at the forefront of my mind ;), I have a little more to say here.

"Storyline quests should no longer require players to have high-leveled, non-boosted Manufactories in their city" -- This is great. Thank you. At one point I had to tear down a (boosted) lvl 8 planks manufactory so I could have space for a marble quest :(.
For now seems like suggestion topic is just for players fun, not for devs to look at....
I totally agree with this. It would be nice if we got more convo with devs... we're curious to know what direction they're taking the game (esp. since core features are still being developed -- I'm looking at you GUILD system!) and we'd like to know that the people at the helm are reading our ideas and suggestions. To wit, a bi-monthly dev blog would be wonderful. I just watched your latest TV episode in which two Elvenar guys shared tips that any strategy gamer worth their salt has already figured out for themselves. Maybe instead these guys could write a paragraph or two each month on where Elvenar is in development? What are the new game features being considered? If they want to go for bonus points :eek: they might even post polls on the forum to get our feedback on different ideas they're considering.

I know you Inno guys like to play it close to the vest :rolleyes:. I understand that to a degree: certain things are in flux and sharing these particulars may establish expectations among the player-base that ultimately are not met. Buuut... you can just plaster "PROVISIONAL" and "SUBJECT TO CHANGE" all over the place. I think you'll find -- at least among us reasonable folk -- that people are willing to accept change.

Who knows, maybe these suggestions would cause more problems than they fix, buuut...
Your feedback means a lot to Elvenar.
so there it is! :cool:

DeletedUser

@fangterror : I like your suggestions, but I'll point out one thing on the request for more dev input, only because I've seen it happen time and again, both on browser games like this one and Flight Rising, and on MMO forums, such as RIFT: Even when Devs specify 'we don't know when this will happen' or 'We're working on it, but have no set date', as soon as they've done that, you get the players who immediately take it to mean 'it will be done RIGHT NOW' no matter how precisely, concisely, or often the disqualifiers are mentioned to head that off. And then the devs get bbq'd by impatient players and it starts a mess, both for the game team and the players that get sucked into the conversation.

Basically, no matter how carefully they handle imparting information on development and upcoming features, once they get on the forums to explain, defend, or tell people that they don't have certain information yet, it tends to explode into a lot of 'why not NOW' and 'but you promised THIS 'x' days/weeks/months ago' and so forth. And then people get ticked off and leave, get inordinately rude, or actually get even more irritated with a situation than if they hadn't been given a timeline, no matter how tentative.

I agree getting to know the team and what they're doing, and little teasers being given out, would be great, but with the general atmosphere of most game forums, I can see why the dev group would hold back on saying much of anything. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, and there's less recrimination to wade through if someone can't pull the 'but you SAID' card out in their frustration.

DeletedUser

@Silverthorne07 : I'm not asking for their most precious secrets, I'm just asking for conversation. The way things are, I get the impression that player retention is not a high priority...

DeletedUser3

I would like to thank everyone for the discussion however I would like to point out that the developers see each comment and do work very hard to correct any issue. As far as putting exact time frames on each issue this is not something that can be done because there is much more behind the scene that happens whether correcting an issue or implemented a suggestion/idea.

@fanterror there is a video that we put out monthly that explains upcoming features or suggestions that the community may have suggested. Feel free to check out these videos on the forum.

DeletedUser

@Coolnite7 I see there's a release note of version 0.18 on Beta server, do we get it here in US server as well? I'm about to have Treant II and sorceress and this update finally fixed the special ability bugs so I'm very much looking forward to that;)

DeletedUser

usually they try out the updates on the beta server first and then we see them later.