• Dear forum visitor,

It looks as though you have not registered for a forum account, or are not signed in. In order to participate in current discussions or create new threads, you will need to register for a forum account by clicking on the link below.

Click here to register for a forum account!

If you already have a forum account, you can simply click on the 'Log in' button at the top right of your forum screen.

Your Elvenar Team

Level (impossible to get on the research tree) 15 Priests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser4417

In other news, you managed to post something that Lionsmane and Bobbykitty could agree on liking. For that, I salute you, friend. ;)
The 'Battle Upgrades' are a hot button topic that engenders a wide array of emotions from people. BobbyKitty and I happen to be on opposing sides of this issue. Once this issue fades a bit and others surface, there very well could be times where she and I share the same side, the same views on things.

That said, gamers are by and large addicts of a sort. They might leave a particular game but they do check back in from time and time so there is that possibility they will rejoin.. in time.

Maz Mellor

The 'Battle Upgrades' are a hot button topic that engenders a wide array of emotions from people. BobbyKitty and I happen to be on opposing sides of this issue. Once this issue fades a bit and others surface, there very well could be times where she and I share the same side, the same views on things.

That said, gamers are by and large addicts of a sort. They might leave a particular game but they do check back in from time and time so there is that possibility they will rejoin.. in time.

How did my good-naturedly teasing remark trigger this deluge of mansplaining? Wait, no, don't answer that; it was a rhetorical question! Like (I suspect) the one with which Maincbs13 began this thread.... :rolleyes:

Back to the matter at hand: I just cleared a few tournament provinces in both of my cities, and although I won all the encounters I fought, it felt considerably more difficult with the human troops than with the elven. Granted, my elven city is about half a chapter ahead, and I have a level 8 Martial Monastery there vs. the level 1 Sanctuary in my human city. But man, those mortars and priests are weak. I can't say that I'm enjoying fighting as a human right now.

DeletedUser4706

ad hominem attacks aill not be tolerated
Get back on topic, stop trying to come up with meaningless ways to argue over nothing. Are any of your comments about how advanced the troops are in the provinces? Not lately.

You can continue your pointless arguments in PM.

This is how this thread started. I was mad, frustrated, in disbelief and wanted to state how bad they had turned this game into a wait and watch paint dry (or, watch a Cerberus get trained) exercise in futility. But on top of that ... they did this damage while at the same time installing a new imaginary line on how far I should be and lied about what they were going to do For. The. Players.

So, to stay on topic while bringing my evidence I will be posting the release notes and giving my grade on whether they did what the notes said they would. Release notes in red, grades in blue

Dear Humans & Elves,

On Wednesday, October 26th, there will be a short downtime of approximately ten minutes to update our servers to version 1.16. Please check back for any further updates regarding this release.

During the expected downtime, you will not be able to access the game. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This is exactly what they did, a solid A

New%20Features.png

• Wood Elves are setting foot in the world of Elvenar!
  • We continue releasing more content related to the Battle Redesign. The following features and changes are part of this update:
    • Blossom Mage - a new Mage unit that can be unlocked in the Fairy chapter, trained in the Mercenary Camp, available to both races
    • Drone Rider - a new Light Melee unit that can be unlocked in the Fairy chapter, trained in the Mercenary Camp, available to both races
    • Mortar - a new Heavy Ranged unit that can be unlocked in Chapter III, trained in the Barracks, available to Humans only. The technology for this unit will remain optional until the next update
    • Ranger - a new Light Ranged unit that is unlocked in the Woodelves chapter, trained in the Mercenary Camp, available to both races
    • New levels of the Mercenary Camp have become available within the Woodelves chapter
    • A new military building has been released: the Training Grounds (Chapter II)
    • Cerberus has moved from the Barracks to the Training Grounds, and is therefore no longer exclusively available to Humans, but also to Elves. For Elves, this new technology ('Training Grounds and Cerberus') is optional until the next update, for Humans it was already mandatory to research, but it did move position to an earlier chapter, which could cause the need to research it before you're able to continue in the research tree if you are at a specific point in the progress. It was impossible to make it optional for Humans too, since it would cause problems with the already released upgraded versions of Cerberus
    • Archer Promotion 2 (Elite Archer) has been moved from the end of the Orcs and Goblins Chapter to the Dwarven Chapter. This technology will remain optional until the next update
    • Crossbowman Promotion 2 (Master Crossbowman) has been moved from the end of the Orcs and Goblins Chapter to the Dwarven Chapter. This technology will remain optional until the next update
    • You can now encounter a number of new units in Provinces and Tournaments: Abbot levels 1-3 (Mage), Thornrose Mage levels 1-3 (Mage), and the Orc General levels 1-3 (Heavy Melee)
    • They get an A here AND an F - the Cerberuses are nowhere near an upgrade - they take ten times as long to train and they die five times faster from almost any attack from ANY force the computer is playing with.

Improvements_EN.png

• We rearranged the order of units in the Barracks, so that we can use the same order in all three military production buildings. The new order will be: Light Melee, Light Ranged, Mage, Heavy Melee, Heavy Ranged. This order also reflects the new 'combat pentagon'.
    • This gets a B and a D- ... they released new forces, two new barracks and they are all in the same queue. They knew what this was going to do. It is not an improvement. The B comes for the easily readable "combat pentagon" it is not an A because no matter how you line up your new troops they get slaughtered, repetitively.
Balancing%20Changes.png

After observing the new battle system, we are making the following tweaks (and more tweaks can and most likely will be made in the next updates as well):

• Many Light Ranged units have been buffed
    • Cerberuses and War Dogs are now even better against Mages
    • This. Is. A. Total. Lie. The light ranged units have NOT been buffed even if you max your Needles of the Tempest and Sanctuary. The new Cerberuses don't get anywhere near the mages. The enemy mages, Heavy Paladins and Thornrose mages and light rangers AND Light Melee fighters at least one level above anything a player can get - no matter how far down the research tree they look - AND the enemy forces have 10 slots, way more troop strength in numbers and are defensed up to an indestructible level. The programmers made these advanced super-troops on purpose and programmed them purposely into the game. They literally buffed the computer forces not the players forces ... this gets a FFF - - - minus for programming this crap and an incomplete grade for LYING about it.
Bug_Fixes_EN.png

• Fixed the sound of units in battle
    • The time of the last message now updates correctly
    • Fixed a bug where quest 'Uglyful Cities' would complete without doing any task
    • Improved text in a cancel construction confirmation window
    • Fixed an icon on a quest window
Please take a moment to view our discussion thread and provide any feedback regarding our upcoming release. We look forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Gee thanks ... they fixed this insignificant collection here and if you will notice ... they Never. Once. Mentioned. They were going to place an imaginary line around where you "should be" if you played the game half-assed, the way they wanted you to, lazily or didn't care what your city looked like, whether you progressed or your effort. Those characteristics are not something the INNO game developers/shareholders and synchophantic misfits that are cluttering my thread with semantically specious nonsense consider important or valid to this thread.

FIND ME ONE SPOT IN THIS OFFICIAL NOTICE WHERE IT TALKS ABOUT OVER-SCOUTING.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4417

This is how this thread started...Release notes in red, grades in blue.

This is not high school, college or anything else that requires a grade. The above can boiled down to just this: If you were where they say you should be, then you would not be experiencing the battle difficulties you are.

qaccy

Can I just come in here and nitpick one part of the initial post? You're not seeing a higher level of unit than you can obtain in the provinces, you're seeing NPC units. Again, they're not a higher level, they're equal but different. Thornrose Mages are the NPC version of Blossom Mages. Abbots are the NPC version of Priests. Knights are the NPC version of Paladins. So on and so forth. It's not some unreleased promotion level, that's 'unfairly' available to the CPU and not to us, they're just slightly different versions of our own units.

DeletedUser3696

This is not high school, college or anything else that requires a grade. The above can boiled down to just this: If you were where they say you should be, then you would not be experiencing the battle difficulties you are.
I think you nailed it on the head as to the biggest part of the problem when you say 'if you were where they say you should be'. The premise of this game as a city builder is to choose your own path, but now they have changed it to 'you must be on our path at our pace'.

It's very disappointing when you put it in the simplest of terms like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.